• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe feeling like death on subutex

e92

Bluelighter
monday was my last dose of heroin, i was on a 5 week binge using every single day. i waited 22 hours before taking around 1.5mg of subutex. that was around 3pm on tuesday. i slept all day tuesday, went to the gym tuesday night, then i fell asleep for around 15 hours. woke up, took another 1mg under my tongue. and then i started feeling nauseous.

nauseous, depressed, angry, no appetite, so much gas, burping. i feel AWFUL just fucking awful on subutex.

i'm about 32 hours since my last dose of bupe and i still kind of feel like shit. should i just stop all together?
i can't tell if i'm still not feeling well from the bupe, or if i'm withdrawing from heroin

Last edited:
Are you having sneezing fits, watery eyes,yawning, gagging? If yes then most likely detoxing. If not maybe its the subs. I couldn't catch on subs this time and with mmt. If u have a bad habit its really hard to catch. But after only 5 weeks i would think subs would be a great option. How many hours since you last used H?

Wow!! Now I'm scared!. I went to the sub clinic last Friday. They prescribed me with the 8mgs...haven't touch it yet. Planning on start taking them on Friday after work and with my weekend off. Let me know how are u doing. I've been doing 10-12 bags ( sometimes more ) a day for the past 5 months so yeah...is not gonna be fun.
Best wishes

Sometimes if you don't wait out the whole 24 hours, buprenorphine will knock any remaining MOR opioids (as in the heroin) off your receptors can cause precipitated WD's causing you to feel sick to extremely, hell-on-earth dopesick.

So it sounds like you didn't wait long enough, you can always dose more later on now that the bupe has taken over the receptors and see if your shit improves. I usually wait 5-8 hours so I don't risk any further PWD's. Then I start to feel better.

Any benzodiazepines/BZD-analogues, cannabis, gabapentioid (gabapentin, pregabalin/Lyrica, phenibut) or NMDA-antagonist dissociatives i.e. ketamine would help dramatically.

Is any Heroin Users in JAX,Fl

I need help trying to find a sub clinic that takes insurance in JAX,Fl. HELP!!

Are you having sneezing fits, watery eyes,yawning, gagging? If yes then most likely detoxing. If not maybe its the subs. I couldn't catch on subs this time and with mmt. If u have a bad habit its really hard to catch. But after only 5 weeks i would think subs would be a great option. How many hours since you last used H?
my last dose of heroin was monday dec 7 @ 2:30pm. so around 80 hours..

now that i think about it, i think i was detoxing but the tiny bit of sub i was taking was making me feel a tiny bit better. i've detoxed from heroin multiple times before, with and without sub, and its never been like this. even after taking the sub, i would get feelings of hopelessness, depression/anxiety.. .everything. that's not supposed to happen when you're using sub that is a cold turkey detox.

It depends on sub dose.

(example) I found that 2mg didn't hold me for shit and about 6 hours later I'm already feeling minor W/Ds

I didn't have this problem when I was on 8mg a day.

It's almost like perma withdrawals.. it really fucking sucks.:p

Suboxone is a blessing a first but stay on it too long and it becomes a curse 8o