View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feeling alien after LSD and cannabis

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
A week ago I took 500-600ug of LSD and smoked an eighth of pot. Ever since than, I've felt so alien; talking with people just seems so weird and I feel like I'm on a different level than everybody else. I had an amazing trip and saw things that weren't of this world, but now being sober just feels, strange.

You have had your ego, slapped around, by that large dose of Lucy.You will gradually come back at least 70% to normal.I know I did.

after a dose like that i usually spend a few weeks, 2-3, assimilating the experience. usually a couple months before things are back to 'normal' buts its more like being used being the new self that i am after reseting the brain and being reborn. with the higher doses.
i usually try to establish habits that will help me be a better me in that time
good trips.

It's important, crucial even, to integrate your trips and this goes doubly / exponentially so for very heavy reality-breaking trips.

If you have a hard time with your habits / structure and other people it seems important to focus on that, so that you can anchor and level again... get a foot on the ground.

Derealization should be handled delicately I think, yet isolating yourself is probably a bad thing for you now. Because that seems likely to reinforce a disconnect you may be experiencing. Perhaps, if you can, go stay with your parents for a little while if its really bad, - just as an example of where you ought to be safe and familiar, adjusting again able to be with other people without it being too weird...
Or yes of course others like dear friends. May help to be with them and talk with them and be comforted, so that you interact without it being as challenging as it can be with strangers, who are of course not familiar and that much more 'alien'.

Other than that yeah it will mostly take time for 'normality' to settle back in.

But also, here again this is, like so often whith psychedelics, a very personal experience
. My ego-loss on a high dose was a life-changing an consciousness-expanding experience to a degree that now I pose myself completely different questions like "do I really want to come back to which was considered as reality before this experience" or "and what's so wrong about not wanting to be reintegrated in a society which you have declared to be intolerable to live in". To know this fact and to feel it for the first time are two completely different things. By the way, I am living with an extraterrestian who hides himself in a mouse made of tissue . And no, I'm not crazy, I feel very nprmal and I'm living this experience in a happy and fullfilling way . But yeah, to integrate this experience, you might need several months .

I don't recommend smoking pot on high doses of psychedelics (except perhaps in very small amounts). It is too intense and too disorienting. I had the same thing happen to me after taking 3 gravity bong hits of hash while on a huge dose of mescaline. It took me three weeks of shamanic techniques using amanita muscaria to put my mind back into order after that trip and it scared me off psychedelics for 3 months.

What burn out said...

When I was younger, smoking bud while tripping on acid and 2C's didn't used to be much of a problem. However, Im 24 now, and smoking weed on trips can make or break it for me. It can bring on bad anxiety for me if I smoke too much, and, mixed with trips, can really fuck you up in a bad way for weeks so I tend to cut weed out of the mix. Mind you, I've kicked the weed habbit for a long time now..

Try writing about your experience to help put it in to perspective, draw, Create. Whatever helps you express and understand yourself better. I know it helps me massively after having such a full on experience. I think part of not feeling yourself is you also telling yourself you don't feel yourself because something changed that day. You took in a lot of information - some probably right, some probably misdirected. This is a learnt behavior that you can build upon. Life changes you naturally even if you have never taken any drugs, just more gradually so it makes sense such massively altered states of conciseness will accelerate this process. You are still yourself though, you just need to come to terms with whatever it is you experienced.

I don't recommend smoking pot on high doses of psychedelics (except perhaps in very small amounts). It is too intense and too disorienting. I had the same thing happen to me after taking 3 gravity bong hits of hash while on a huge dose of mescaline. It took me three weeks of shamanic techniques using amanita muscaria to put my mind back into order after that trip and it scared me off psychedelics for 3 months.

What if it makes the trip more relaxing for me? I haven't had anxiety on psychedelics in a very long time even with pot; pot just makes it easier to immerse myself into the trip.

Exactly the same for me, smoking cannabis made me re-immerse into the trip, do as you feel it at the moment .

@cyberius: give it time, your brain has just had a traumatic experience (the same as when you have a major surgery), its currently fixing/realigning itself, and eventually you will feel fine and 100% yourself again. Try not to stress about how you are feeling too much, eat healthy stuff (green leafy veggies etc), sit in the sun, go for walks, don't overthink shit, take it easy on yourself - you WILL eventually feel good and strong again (most probably better than before), and you will at some point be ready to assimilate what you learnt. There is no timetable and no right/wrong - its your unique experience.

@Colourblind: beautiful post, I was so in need of those words 20 odd years ago when I was dealing with the intense aftermath of an ego-shattering trip, hopefully they will reach somebody in need in this century ;-)

aw, thankyou. That's what i'm here for, that's what bluelight is for. This is my place to be real honest about things i just cant in the real world for...lack of understanding. Have a blessed day. Peace.