• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

feel like my life peaked at uni.

Fair play to you OTW, that is a story I can respect. I've always been envious of people with drive and determination - something I have always struggled with. I guess its true that a difficult start in life can be the factor that instills that determination from an early age.

I guess I could be thankful for all that good fortune in my life but I'd rather be thankful I wasn't bought up a fucking whinging pussy.

<3 Love it.

Too tired and sick to come up with a proper reply but I think that ultimately, if you put the effort in and keep putting it in, that effort pays off. 'Lucky' breaks come from someone seeing that you're deserving of that break over someone else. Yeah some people are born into an easy life but for those that aren't, you might be one of the unlucky people that works hard and still never gets where they want to really be, but you're sure as hell not going to achieve what you want if you never put the work in at all.

I was born a bastard child from an affair in a small town of less than 10000 people whose two biggest claim to fame was apples and a psychiatric prison.

As a kid I witnessed a Maori gang member be beaten to death by another gang with baseball bats and a machete. We then had to have police protection during the trial.

The morning of my final university exam I was in the high court of Australia, facing down lawyers from the tax department without legal representation for a debt my father passed onto me after I signed a letter as soon as I turned 18. They couldn't serve an arrest warrant in the chambers because of some legal technicality, so after an hour of questioning I excused myself to go to the bathroom, escaped down the fire well and ran across the city to sit a 3 hour surgery exam followed by a 45 min viva. I was lucky to score a high distinction.

Fast forward 5 years and I returned to Australia needing surgery after my rugby contract was torn up, only to find my father had forged my signature and stole $50 000 of my savings to pay off his before mentioned tax debt. Rather than have surgery I had to find a job. Even to this day I have no feeling in the little fingers of my left hand.

I lost my job a week before my wife was due to give birth to our second child. I spent the first month of my sons life knocking and ringing every practice in the city, begging for a chance to work.

My whole life I was told I was too small or too slow for rugby. I was one of 7000 applicants vying for a course that only accepted 48 students. I could only afford one text book in 5 years of university. I choose to photocopy pages from books in the library and spent my money on drugs and alcohol. I guess I could be thankful for all that good fortune in my life but I'd rather be thankful I wasn't bought up a fucking whinging pussy.

I cried. Didn't believe a fucking word. But I cried.

I fixed that for you

Er, no you didn't.

<3 Love it.

Too tired and sick to come up with a proper reply but I think that ultimately, if you put the effort in and keep putting it in, that effort pays off. 'Lucky' breaks come from someone seeing that you're deserving of that break over someone else. Yeah some people are born into an easy life but for those that aren't, you might be one of the unlucky people that works hard and still never gets where they want to really be, but you're sure as hell not going to achieve what you want if you never put the work in at all.

Yeah but you're a pampered little girl who thinks its big to come on here and pretend you are addicted to something when you aren't.

Maybe, but it's a simple fact that all the hard work in the world isn't going to make a blind bit of difference, if you don't get the right break in the first place. And it rankles with me when people like OTW fail to acknowledge their own breaks.

The continued words of a failure. Still trying to demean success as a matter of chance - perhaps to satisfy your own manifested dissonance which arises as you try to comprehend your own subaltern place in this world's stark and brazen hierarchical order of persons.

I was born a bastard child from an affair in a small town of less than 10000 people whose two biggest claim to fame was apples and a psychiatric prison.

As a kid I witnessed a Maori gang member be beaten to death by another gang with baseball bats and a machete. We then had to have police protection during the trial.

The morning of my final university exam I was in the high court of Australia, facing down lawyers from the tax department without legal representation for a debt my father passed onto me after I signed a letter as soon as I turned 18. They couldn't serve an arrest warrant in the chambers because of some legal technicality, so after an hour of questioning I excused myself to go to the bathroom, escaped down the fire well and ran across the city to sit a 3 hour surgery exam followed by a 45 min viva. I was lucky to score a high distinction.

Fast forward 5 years and I returned to Australia needing surgery after my rugby contract was torn up, only to find my father had forged my signature and stole $50 000 of my savings to pay off his before mentioned tax debt. Rather than have surgery I had to find a job. Even to this day I have no feeling in the little fingers of my left hand.

I lost my job a week before my wife was due to give birth to our second child. I spent the first month of my sons life knocking and ringing every practice in the city, begging for a chance to work.

My whole life I was told I was too small or too slow for rugby. I was one of 7000 applicants vying for a course that only accepted 48 students. I could only afford one text book in 5 years of university. I choose to photocopy pages from books in the library and spent my money on drugs and alcohol. I guess I could be thankful for all that good fortune in my life but I'd rather be thankful I wasn't bought up a fucking whinging pussy.

And the story of a very successful man, who made his own breaks through life. Do you think breaks were handed on a plate to him when he was being robbed of 50,000 grand and could only afford one textbook in university?

PS - I cried too

Last edited:
How many people do you know had $50000 of 'savings' five years after leaving university?

It's either a massive lie or the result of some inheritance fund or some such. Your 20's are some of the most expensive times of your life. Nobody 'saves' that much outside of those born with a silver spoon up their arse.

How many people do you know had $50000 of 'savings' five years after leaving university?

It's either a massive lie or the result of some inheritance fund or some such. Your 20's are some of the most expensive times of your life. Nobody 'saves' that much outside of those born with a silver spoon up their arse.

And this is why I adore you!

born with a silver spoon up their arse.
<3

Seems to me me most people wouldn't know luck if it smacked them in the face (myself included) if they weren't looking for it. Too simple to say some people just have luck, others work hard and make there own luck while others work hard with no luck. Life inevitably presents you with opportunities that are either lucky or unlucky: that direct your life in the direction you want to go or take you away from that. People with clear vision who have worked hard to embody that vision get better at telling the difference. Is reality really so objective that a personal belief like "I was born unlucky" needs to be repeated like some mantra every second of our existence? If that's just the way things are then we could simply stop reminding ourselves. My experience is a belief like that will color any chance encounter with suspicion and deprive you of the opportunity of finding out whether what is happening is good luck or bad luck. If that is your vision then time to keep dreaming if you ask me, because beliefs like that are devoid of any nutritional value for the soul. We're all in the same boat and all of us feel unlucky at times, but not everyone stops there.

Yeah but you're a pampered little girl who thinks its big to come on here and pretend you are addicted to something when you aren't.

And you're a self rightous, patronising prick who seems to think that they know everything about someone's life from the few posts they make on an online forum. I've never once 'pretended' to be addicted to anything, or even said I'm addicted to something at all - that's all come from other people, and if that's what they want to think, I couldn't give a shit.

I love the pampered little girl thing though. You are so far off the mark it's hilarious. Nothing about my life has been easy or indeed happy until the last year. All of my money came from me saving the pocket money (that I WORKED for by cleaning the house for my mum, and actually doing my dad's job with him) since I was about 6.

Neither of my parent's have given me anything, towards uni or in general, and my mum barely even tolerates me staying with her, to the extent that I live with her ex more than her nowadays. My whole life I've been made to feel unwelcome, or like an inconvinience.

Throughout high school I was bullied so badly that I must've been beaten up at least a few times each month. I've been pushed down stairs, strangled, kicked unconscious, almost drowned, and through it all I never told anyone what was really happening. No one still really knows.

I was close to giving up on life so many times but in college I forced myself to be different and was superficially popular but still never happy. Scraped into uni desperate to get away from disinterested parents and bad memories and was really happy at first until the worst thing imaginable happened. Then I got addicted... oh no, sorry, not ADDICTED because people like me don't get addicted to drugs right? to coke and meph, I was doing stuff virtually everyday and drinking heavily to block it out.

Rinsed loads of my money, got to the point where I couldnt see an end and came very close to killing myself and would have done if not for a certain person who I'd only been talking to for a week max managing to stop me. Fast forward a year and I made a choice that almost everyone advised against, left uni before finishing the 2nd year even though I was fast running out of money because my life didnt peak at uni.

My life peaked when I fell in love. And I was brave enough to realise that and make a choice where I was going to get no support and possibly lose everything because to me that love and that happiness means more to me than anything else ever will. So pampered? Fuck that. I've had next to zero help so far and won't get any now. But I live and die by my own choices and believe that whatever you want in life, be it work, or love, or whatever, you won't get anywhere if you don't take the risk.

So think what you want of me and my choices but there's only one person on here that knows me well enough to truly make any kind of judgement about me. As for anyone else? I couldn't give a shit.

<3