• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Feedback Thread] How can WE improve on the PD forum? Suggestions welcome!

Must admit I've just skimmed this thread & one post from Ximot struck a chord.
That being that much of the stuff is repetitive - (god knows how galling I found that in TeDiouS) but that's the nature of the site - it's here to provide information & that information isn't likely to change every other week - so I'd suggest one looks & learns about "other things" definitely a valid point tho - I don't often read many threads about psychs because it is repetitive & so it ought to be - it's HR.
Another point was made regarding elitism - I don't feel that it exists to anything like the same degree it did formerly in here - however one thing to remember is that familiarity breeds contempt & contempt can = elitism.

I often feared becoming like the people I felt weren't upbeat & friendly enough - & sure enough eventually I did.

Watch out for that folks.

That is all :)

^Pfft ;)

No, I see your point. A large part of moderating is repetition, but thats that I guess. The only people who can change that are the members, but if something needs to be asked, it will be, even if theres 5 threads on the same matter open already....I've done the same myself. Ooops.

you making the first move to touch me every now and then wouldn't hurt either :!

karma1485 said:
warm hand towels before meals.

First we need to start with the meals. You cookin', sugar-pie?*

*no sexism intended, though if felt, and laughed at- intended.

Obviously we need to discuss sexual relations with aliens more I feel.

samadhi_smiles said:
you making the first move to touch me every now and then wouldn't hurt either :!

*runs fingers through Smadhi_smiles's hair*
and I saw your Pee Pee ;) <3

I have never had a sugar pie.... cherry pie is delsyds favorite. I like apple.

I think that planting a Nepalese style garden would improve this forum immensely.A place to sit & relax & grow a goodly selection of herbs.:)

^Yes yes yes! Also, we need the Himalayas, just for wandering 'round on and chanting eerie mantras. Will get to work! :)

im too lazy to read all 4 pages, so it may have been mentioned.

I think that in addition to the drugs discussion forums there should be benzo(diazepine)s discussion and opiates discussion. IMO other drugs can get somewhat cluttered at times.
maybee even a stimulant discussion forum?

any thoughts?

^Woah, hold up- we are just talking about the PD Forum of the Bluelight Bulleting Board in this particualr thread.

However, site ideas like that- splitting off forums- are always listened to, so if you want to, post your suggestion in the SUPPORT forum....seriously do, OD has gone through a few changes recently and I'm sure they'd love to hear any suggestions...

But here, just keep it PD thanks :D

If you're going to start classifying by the types of effects drugs give you're going to be in for a mess if you take it to far. For example, would a thread about 5-MEO-AMT go in the psychedelic drugs section or the stimulant section? Each individual drug has unique effects so it could become quite confusing. Although it works just right if you keep a bit of an open mind towards the subjects discussed.

^Exactly. Bluelight is 'partitioned' the way it is to give the greatest distance between subject matters, and allowing them breadth. Other Drugs is everything NOT covered specifically by the other Focus Forums, which gives it huge and sometimes overwhlming scope. But, as mentioned there are 'Other Drugs' that would be of interest to us PD people, namely research stimulants and also tranquilising agents....its contextual really. Theres the zolpidem thread in PD, which seems odd, but anyone thats taking zolpidem, as well as psychedelics, will see a connection between the substances. As would a benzo-fiend or opiate-head....

Like I said, if you guys have suggestions for other forums, then seriously raise them in SUPPORT- you will be heard out and answered promptly and fairly, if not incoherently by Felix :)

^^^I and others have proposed splitting OD into more focused forums, but the regulars of the forum seem to like it the way it is. This topic was discussed in an OD feedback thread some time ago.

for the stickys maybe changing the "what did I take" to "what did I/should I take." Lots of the what should I take threads lately.

freejroll said:
for the stickys maybe changing the "what did I take" to "what did I/should I take." Lots of the what should I take threads lately.

Good thinking there :)

There should be a directory of chemicals in alphanumeric order above the forum itself to quickly link users to different chemical threads. It could be posted as announcement with the links updated as new threads arise.