• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds shutter online narcotics store that used TOR to hide its tracks

The only reason these idiots got caught was because they where so blind obvious, after the big storys about silk road went viral around the web the US thought they had to do something, they figured they cant shut down Silk Road because there system is 1000% smarter than the farmer markets.

The farmer markets accepted paypal, western union, money drops, they even used fucking hushmail, thats why, its nothing about TOR not being secure, its how people use it. It even says in large fucking letters on the hushmail website WE DO CO OPERATE WITH THE LAW, figure it out yourself, they couldnt gather any information whilst they where operating on TOR...:sus:

Money is the root of all evil and destruction, as it seems here too, it is the way that the money exchanges hands that seems to be the way to bust prettty much every drug deal.

Sucks thought that the supposedly "underground" online drug scene is being brought "above ground" again by the media and the feds.

Operation Lude Behavior. Made my morning.

yeah, idk who would be dumb enough to buy drugs online using paypal or western union. Bitcoins is a step up, but still....

this is yet another reason to support your locals...

this is yet another reason to support your locals...

wtf??!! "yes lets support out local drug gang who whilst providing us with bliss whilst they are simulataneously shooting and robbing us"

not saying your mate down your road is involved with gangs, but in any major city surely? in london, when cocaine availability decreases violence increases.

you'd think the "enlightenment" drugs bring would turn a lot off people off, what with the misery involved in a lot of production, trafficking. at least a form of income..

Sad times. Bye RS.

Yeh - paypal? cmon guys. Your better than that.

Convenience isnt something that should be expected when shopping online.

This is a real shame but someone had to go otherwise they would be loosing their budget

R.I.P. Mr. Flowers... Lucky for him, that he will be sentenced in the Netherlands ...;)

If anyone read anything about this bust they would know it was Hush Mail that got them found out. The accused stopped using Hush Mail years ago, but they still had old emails with enough information in them in order to identify the suspects. It's not Tor that got them busted, PayPal wouldn't have helped, but in my opinion Hush Mail is where the whole operation came undone.

Anyone else find it odd that this is going down in the same time frame that the admin at one of the major source boards has been indicted?

indictment

Last edited:
Anyone else find it odd that this is going down in the same time frame that the admin at one of the major source boards has been indicted?

indictment

It appears that Scroggins was setup by a predominant Vendor from a now defunct source forum.

Alpha

Last edited:

indictment

LOL

United States v. Justin Steven Scroggins aka "Woot" and "Dirk McDiggler" :D

(just watched Boogie Nights last night, coincidentally)

About the scroggins case....

The document that I've seen floating around various forums requests that the case be sealed so w00t can't alert his network before Homeland Security shuts them down. SO how do we all know about this?

Also, can anyone show me an official arrest for Scroggins because I haven't been able to find it. I searched US Court Districts of Virginia and Florida, because I saw two different documents that said the arrest happened in Norfolk and also in Jacksonville. I don't know what to think about this.

Florida arrest document I saw was searched with Intelius, but I've been unable to find a Justin Steven Scroggins in Jacksonville at all, a Justin B Scroggins though, but that's all I can see for free.

Why are their images of a classified document floating around the web instead of a report of it in a court database?

Florida arrest document I saw was searched with Intelius, but I've been unable to find a Justin Steven Scroggins in Jacksonville at all, a Justin B Scroggins though, but that's all I can see for free.

He shows up in Broward County Jail inmate search or something like that. I saw a screenshot of that but lost it. I'm not sure if whoever took the screenshot needed to pay to get access ..

Screenshot I saw was a listing of his arrest on Intelius. When I searched that site I could find no such entry.

Find the Jail where he was you can usually search inmates right of the site for free

So are we suggesting there's a possibility the whole thing was fabricated? If so, it'd be the biggest, scariest scam in the history of the online droog trade :/

I highly, highly doubt the w00t thing is fabricated. More likely, it's the GOV agencies frantically scrambling to keep this under wraps for long enough to bust major players. Maybe they even want to scoop up a handful of end-level users and really put the fear on us.

:p

Many of you know me... used to be a regular here a while back, under another name... am a long term member of d-f.

It's silly that you would start this idea that the w00t thing was made up. Seems fishy to me that it would even be suggested.
It's public record. Look it up on PACER, which is where ALL federal court documents are. The arrest warrent, indictment, etc... including the order for the u.s. marhsals to transport him from florida to virginia. Even the waiver signed by w00t waiving his right to a speedy trial, it's all on PACER.