• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

FDA warns consumers about fake Adderall

Bluelight Crew
Tablets purchased on the Internet contain wrong active ingredients

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers and health care professionals about a counterfeit version of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries’ Adderall 30 milligram tablets that is being purchased on the Internet. Adderall, which is approved to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD) and narcolepsy, is a prescription drug classified as a controlled substance – a class of drugs for which special controls are required for dispensing by pharmacists.

FDA’s preliminary laboratory tests revealed that the counterfeit version of Teva’s Adderall 30 mg tablets contained the wrong active ingredients. Adderall contains four active ingredients – dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, and amphetamine sulfate. Instead of these active ingredients, the counterfeit product contained tramadol and acetaminophen, which are ingredients in medicines used to treat acute pain.

Currently on the FDA’s drug shortage list, Adderall is in short supply due to active pharmaceutical ingredient supply issues. Teva continues to release product as it becomes available. Consumers should be extra cautious when buying their medicines from online sources. Rogue websites and distributors may especially target medicines in short supply for counterfeiting.

The counterfeit Adderall tablets are round, white and do not have any type of markings, such as letters or numbers. Any product that resembles the tablets or the packaging in the photos below and claims to be Teva’s Adderall 30 mg tablets should be considered counterfeit. The counterfeit versions of Adderall should be considered as unsafe, ineffective and potentially harmful.

Authentic Adderall 30 mg tablets produced by Teva are round, orange/peach, and scored tablets with “dp” embossed on one side and “30” on the other side of the tablet. Teva’s Adderall 30 mg tablets are packaged only in a 100-count bottle with the National Drug Code (NDC) 0555-0768-02 listed.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm305932.htm

That's rather scary, combining tramadol with the wrong meds could potentially result in a nasty case of serotonin syndrome.

This sucks and all; but it is kind of misleading. If you order "Teva Adderall" and you are sent a white pill with no markings on it you obviously got robbed, but is it really a counterfeit Adderall? When I think of a counterfeit pill it is an actual copy of another pill, not a blank white press.

This sucks and all; but it is kind of misleading. If you order "Teva Adderall" and you are sent a white pill with no markings on it you obviously got robbed, but is it really a counterfeit Adderall? When I think of a counterfeit pill it is an actual copy of another pill, not a blank white press.

I agree. That's why I changed the headline. If someone cuts up a bunch of newspaper rectangles and stacks them in bundles of 100, can he be prosecuted for making counterfeit currency?

I think it is still appropriate to call it counterfeit Adderall. Just like a con-man selling "Rolex" watches uses sleight of hand and fast-talking to stop a potential buyer from making a close inspection that might reveal the fake, these con-men are using the fact that internet purchasers cannot make a close inspection of the product because it is an internet purchase and they have no recourse against the seller because the buyer is breaking the law by ordering the pills to begin with.

Interesting that they chose tramadol instead of caffeine, which at 200mg would probably have fooled the majority of users.

People need to stop selling bunk drugs. I don't think they're counterfeit, just bunk.

Those white adderall pills are legit tramadol pills. Some people just don't check google/rxlist or whatever to varify pills. Though with the all white and no marketing tramadol (typical) it is hard to identify if not seen in a bottle.

FAKE ADDERALL!!!! help need more information!

That's old news fakes have gotten way better now. Recently acquired some Teva ir 30mg adderall tablets with the right markings and everything except for a few jagged edges and splotchy color not noticeable at all unless if you look at it closely. Took one and it didn't work two hours later I was hungry and sleepy. Took half of another one and still nothing. Went to bed after and was really dissapointed. There's not a lot of info on fake adderall out there except for the ones without the markings and everything. I've taking adderall for a while now and this was just weird, It has always worked for me in the past.

I'd think anyone who wanted to make money would at least press caffeine and some crappy meth. At least it would be an upper.

Tablets purchased on the Internet contain wrong active ingredients

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers and health care professionals about a counterfeit version of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries’ Adderall 30 milligram tablets that is being purchased on the Internet. Adderall, which is approved to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD) and narcolepsy, is a prescription drug classified as a controlled substance – a class of drugs for which special controls are required for dispensing by pharmacists.

FDA’s preliminary laboratory tests revealed that the counterfeit version of Teva’s Adderall 30 mg tablets contained the wrong active ingredients. Adderall contains four active ingredients – dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, and amphetamine sulfate. Instead of these active ingredients, the counterfeit product contained tramadol and acetaminophen, which are ingredients in medicines used to treat acute pain.

Currently on the FDA’s drug shortage list, Adderall is in short supply due to active pharmaceutical ingredient supply issues. Teva continues to release product as it becomes available. Consumers should be extra cautious when buying their medicines from online sources. Rogue websites and distributors may especially target medicines in short supply for counterfeiting.

The counterfeit Adderall tablets are round, white and do not have any type of markings, such as letters or numbers. Any product that resembles the tablets or the packaging in the photos below and claims to be Teva’s Adderall 30 mg tablets should be considered counterfeit. The counterfeit versions of Adderall should be considered as unsafe, ineffective and potentially harmful.

Authentic Adderall 30 mg tablets produced by Teva are round, orange/peach, and scored tablets with “dp” embossed on one side and “30” on the other side of the tablet. Teva’s Adderall 30 mg tablets are packaged only in a 100-count bottle with the National Drug Code (NDC) 0555-0768-02 listed.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm305932.htm
I have some fakes rn.. They are orange say 30 on one side and b974 on the other.. They are definitely meth