Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Favourite Quotes And Sayings V3. I'm Serious, And Don't Call Me Shirley

“Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

Question everything. Because faith is just an excuse for ignorance.

Me, 2017.

It's a great quote. 'Question everything' is an old anarchist saying. However, it requires action beyond the words to be truly meaningful. I cannot, and wouldn't want to pick fault with anything in your second sentence.

“Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

Erikmen, you post some good stuff, and I'm not picking a fight, but the last quote here annoys me. Try saying it to someone with peripheral vascular disease. I admire the sentiment but the practicality is not there for everyone. Its like these athletes who say "If I can do it, anyone can". Pretty condescending to those with unfixable physical frailties. Eddie Izzard said it when he walked his 49 marathons in 49 days (or whatever it was). The ideal may be worthy. But it is not a truism.

And yes, I have PVD. I used to climb mountains for fun. I now stop every 200 yards (max) when walking anywhere. Even if there are many noble interpretations of the quote, it comes across as trite and cruel to me.

^ Some of the quotes were written in a certain context, sometimes taken out of a specific book or books. That's probably why it doesn't fit to our reality. It may be interesting on an overall picture although it does not fit some of the current time life events.

These quotes above were written by Confucius during his time and place. Confucius was born in 551 B.C in the Lu state of China. His teachings, preserved in the Analects, focused on creating ethical models of family and public interaction, and setting educational standards. He died in 479 B.C. For this person moving forward at all costs had a lot to do with education. I totally get what you are saying though.

Last edited:
It's a great quote. 'Question everything' is an old anarchist saying. However, it requires action beyond the words to be truly meaningful. I cannot, and wouldn't want to pick fault with anything in your second sentence.

Erikmen, you post some good stuff, and I'm not picking a fight, but the last quote here annoys me. Try saying it to someone with peripheral vascular disease. I admire the sentiment but the practicality is not there for everyone. Its like these athletes who say "If I can do it, anyone can". Pretty condescending to those with unfixable physical frailties. Eddie Izzard said it when he walked his 49 marathons in 49 days (or whatever it was). The ideal may be worthy. But it is not a truism.

And yes, I have PVD. I used to climb mountains for fun. I now stop every 200 yards (max) when walking anywhere. Even if there are many noble interpretations of the quote, it comes across as trite and cruel to me.

Some of the quotes are written in a certain context, sometimes taken out of a specific book. That's probably why it doesn't fit to our reality. It may be interesting on an overall picture but certainly not in real life events. These quotes above for example were written by Confucius during his time and place and it had a lot to do with education. I get what you say though. Friedrich Nietzsche has a lot of quotes that sounds a bit like that.

“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited:
“We do not create life, we create death.”
Marie Symeou

“Our generation is realistic, for we have come to know man as he really is. After all, man is that being who invented the gas chambers of Auschwitz; however, he is also that being who entered those gas chambers upright, with the Lord's Prayer or the Shema Yisrael on his lips.”
Viktor E. Frankl

I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.”
Charlotte Brontë

Once upon a time, there was a non-conforming sparrow that decided not to fly south for the winter.

However, soon the weather turned so cold that he reluctantly started to fly south. In a short time, ice began to form on his wings and he fell to earth in a farmyard, almost frozen. A cow passed by and crapped on the little sparrow. The sparrow thought it was the end, but the manure warmed him and defrosted his wings. Warm and happy, able to breathe, he started to sing. Just then a large cat came by, and hearing the chirping, investigated the sounds.

The cat cleared away the manure, found the chirping bird, and promptly ate him!

The moral of the story:
  1. Everyone who shits on you is not necessarily your enemy.
  2. Everyone who gets you out of the shit is not necessarily your friend.
  3. And, if you're warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your mouth shut!

I cannot even contend with that Julie but after my (already self confessed) Marvel binge on Netflix, I'm going to finish off my day by citing...

"The tide raises all ships” - 'Wilson Fisk' (Vincent D'Onofrio) - Daredevil S2 Ep 6 "Seven Minutes in Heaven"

...which I now figure can have a much wider application above and beyond it's cliche within monies.

'In Silence there is eloquence. Stop weaving and see how the pattern improves.'

~rumi

<3

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”

^ Noice and noice again <3

"She told me I'd be sad and I'd be happy and I'd be bad and I'd be good, and I believed all of it and why not, and she told me the last part in Clanger, the tin-whistle pretend language from one of the children's programmes we'd all watched as youngsters, and she was trying to keep a straight face, and Lew and Dar and Di and Hel were snorting with laughter and even I was grinning, but I'd been singing happily along to the Cocteau Twins' other-worldly words for the past hour, and I knew exactly what she said even though she might not have known herself, and fell completely in love with her iris-blue eyes and her wheat-crop hair and her peat-dark voice and the peach-skin fuzz of infinitesimally fine hairs on her creamy skin."

--Iain Banks, The Crow Road

One of the most perfect sentences I have read in a long time <3

"Never, in the field of otter bukkake, has so much been spent, by so many, over so few"

Winston Otter