Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favourite Drug based Movie

Which is your favourite drug themed movie?

• Around The Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barfly

• The Basketball Diaries

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Belly

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Blow

Votes: 29 6.3%
  • Candy

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Cheech & Chong ...

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Clockers

• Deep Cover

• Drugstore Cowboy

Votes: 28 6.1%
  • Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Votes: 92 20.1%
  • Go

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Grass

• Half Baked

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • How High

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Human Traffic

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • hurlyburly

• It's All Gone Pete Tong

• Layer Cake

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Leaving Las Vegas

• Less Than Zero

• Little Fish

• Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • The Man with The Golden Arm

• Maria Full of Grace

• Naked Lunch

• New Jack City

• Paid in Full

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Reefer Madness

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Requiem For A Dream

Votes: 54 11.8%
  • Rush

• The Salton Sea

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Scarface

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Sid & Nancy

• Spun

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • Traffic

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Trainspotting

Votes: 75 16.4%
  • True Romance

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Wasted

• ......none of the above.....

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • A Scanner Darkly

• Total voters
yeh, to all the people that have said fear and loathing is overrated, the book is better blah blah blah...have you actually seen the movie on acid or shrooms?

there is so much going on psychedelic visual wise. and i am not even talking about when it shows what they see. the movie fucks with yer whole mood to compared to some lame ass movie like traffic.

Maybe so, but it seems to me a good movie would be good whether you were under the influence of chemicals or not. I didn't like the book either though.

oh, and btw, i needa talk bout trainspotting real quick... first off, the soundtrack - startin w/ iggy pop, and then the overdose scene, oh man, w/ lou reed playing. man. so great. and most importantly, trainspotting starts off with the best movie quote ever...
i mean, when it comes to smack, i'm just a casual user, but i still love that fucking quote, specially the end....and fucking ewan mcgregor is amazing, in my top 5 fav. actors...

"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?"

Goddamn I love that quote.

Party Monster
Paid in Full (this one is a must see, if you haven't already)
State Property 2 (el Pollo Loco is hilariously smooth. i thought it was better than part 1)
Spun (also hilarious. John Leguizamo is fantastic!)

Go was good

1. Fear and Loathing
2. Human Traffic
3. Trainspotting
4. Spun
5. Boogie Nights
6. Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barells

I found Blow really, extremley boring.

My definitive list in no particular order :
1-Scarface
2-Drugstore Cowboy
3-Sid & Nancy
4-New Jack City
5-The Salton Sea
6-Less than Zero
7-Requiem for a Dream
8-Blow
9-Spun
10-Wonderland
11-Barfly
12-Leaving Las Vegas
13-True Romance

Nobody mentioned these yet too!
B0000AE798.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00004ZBVO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
!

i just saw "Torque". a retarded action flick that was unintentionally funny.
plot involves a million dollars of meth hidden in motorcycles.

Trey (a biker character played by Ice Cube) has the funniest line.

Trey (speaking to Ford): I heard you was up in IndoChina eating sushi and shit.
Junior: I thought sushi came from Japan.
Trey: i know where sushi come from, nigga!

see sarah roll said:
has anyone seen "It's All Gone Pete Tong"?

about a DJ who goes deaf and fights coke addiction.

amaaaaazing flick... one of the best performances in a movie i've ever seen... it's really rare to catch an actor who can go from stupid-funny to dead-serious to tragic and make the audience really believe it. has won quite a few awards for being such a goddamn awesome movie! A must-watch.

Best drug movies

I love Blow, Dazed & Confused, Boogie Nights, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction. (not all drug based exactly, but drug involved). Requiem for a Dream is a very good movie but it freaks me the fuck out. I would never be able to watch it without someone else to tell me when I should look away and can look back at the screen again. It gets gory.

A lot of people love Fear & Loathing. I've only seen it once when I was in 11th grade and extremely anti-drug, so I completely hated it. It would be interesting to watch it again now that I'm more open-minded.

Parts of Scarface are good, too (but it's just so long). One time I decided that I really wanted to get a bunch of blow and do it while watching Scarface (since we often referenced it -- "Scarface" lines!). That was fun but not 100% as gratifying as I thought it would be.

i take hurlyburly over most of the stuff mentioned in this thread

Nobody has mentioned the 2006 Heath Ledger flick 'Candy'
I liked that, saw it the other day. That song to the siren is such a heroin song.

'Around the Fire' was another not mentioned, about a kid who drops out of prep school to run off with acid dropping hippies. Fun until it gets preachy.

While not on my list, thought I would mention another movie I saw the other day called 'Rx', about these ravers that try to buy a huge amount of painkillers and benzos from a drug-crazed gay pharmacist in mexico. And then shit just gets depressing.

1. Trainspotting
2. Go
3. Party Monster
4. Candy
5. Around the Fire

I think trainspotting is the best drug movie I've seen.

Human traffic and requiem for a dream are both good.

I felt dissapointed after watching fear and loathing. It is visually perfect but I dont know, I dont get the same feeling as when reading the book

Lock stock, and goodfellas are among the best movies ever, but although their stories revolve around drugs I wouldnt say that these are the base of the films.

I feel like watching trainspotting now, its been a while since the last time

definetly cheech & chongs, fear and loathing in las vegas, requiem for a dream. also many others. i get several pictures of several movies in my mind and several names of the movies but i cant seem to connect them.

Top ones would be Go! And Party Monster for sure...after that it goes...

Basketball Diaries...........Fear and loathing...spun was alright.

Oh and James and the giant peach.

fear and loathing is of course the shiiit but ive seen it prolly 10,000 times.

one of my favorites now is american gangster, definately one of the best drug movies imo