• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Favorite tryptamine?

4-ho-mipt, 5 meo mipt, 5 meo dipt are the main tryptamines i like. Those are really the only ones i have done other than 5 meo amt in which i did not like at all.

DPT rocked my world. That really put things into perspective for me. Havent tried DMT yet, but i expect it to be up there with DPT. I must do that in august :)

Do any of you think DPT is like a whole different league than other psychedelics? ( than LSD, shrooms, 2c-x, 4 subst tryps)?

^ I agree with that. The only thing (that I've tried) that ever comes close is LSD, but even it seems rather benign in comparision. The power of DPT is immense.

I really need to get my hands on some DPT, I keep hearing rave reviews on this substance but so far it has eluded me. :<(

hands down, DiPT. i'd do that and then listen to some goa trance and trip out.

I would have to say psilocybin/psilocin (mushrooms) but as that is the only tryptamine I have tried I don't have much to choose from!

I have experience with 4-ho-dmt, 4-aco-dmt, 4-ho-met, 4-aco-met, 4-aco-det, 4-ho-mipt, 5-meo-dalt, 5-meo-mipt, dpt, and lsd.
For mystical states 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-met are my favorites. For hard core personality restructuring nothing beats lsd. Hands down 5-meo-mipt takes the erotic cake.
Yet all are unique and worthy of exploration.
Sadly as of late I've encountered degraded compounds too often. Thankfully, I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed fresh potent batches before this recent glut of crap and so know how amazing this beautiful family can and should be.

Yay for old threads, especially one I somehow missed back in the day.

Leaving out the natural wonders (DMT, psilocin, 5-MeO-DMT, bufotenine) my favorites are...

miprocin = iprocin...Two very different trips, both fairly hollow when compared to psilocin but both still very worthy for being fantastically erotic and mind expanding. I like iprocin because I have had a +4 with it, I like miprocin because the erotic is amazing...both will do the job when the time is right. I could never choose which of the two I like better.

MET...just a beautiful tryptamine, so clean, so pure a psychedelic.

5-MeO-MET.....another wonderful synthetic...very much like the parent MET...but more potent and with a little 5-MeO-DMT-like power thrown in.

DPT....stuff scares the shit out of me still but unequal in its ability to take the mind to far out places.

DiPT...another one that has given me a +4. When taken in the dark and at night, it can be every bit as entheogenic and spiritual as mushrooms.

Still have not tried my AMT, I have no idea if it is still any good being that it is 15 years old...but it is still a shiny white powder and I have a feeling I will love it.

I have two favorite kinds of psychedelic trips for very different moods, so which tryptamines I'd choose depends a lot on what I'm looking for in that sense. :)

4-HO-DET is my favorite tryptamine so far for the first kind, which I have only yet completely found among the simple tryptamines; there are hints of it on LSD as well, but it tends to take a different direction as the dose increases. Basically, the trip that 4-HO-DET gives me is one of feeling near psychosis or delirium while still remaining paradoxically calm, which I find to really open up some incredible states of mind and mystical experiences through meditation or daydreaming. It is nowhere near as personal as most other psychedelics for me, instead often having visions relating specifically to other people that come with a feeling of dissociation, and it also has more of a focus on the dark and less on the light compared to other trips I am accustomed to. It is my choice type of experience for when I'm feeling like I simply want to dissolve my mind into chaos and fly through the depths of my subconscious, with less importance on dealing with aspects of my conscious self or my life as is common on other psychedelics.

4-HO-MET is my favorite tryptamine so far for the second kind, which as you might imagine is basically the opposite of the first kind: trips which may be very psychological or even overwhelming enough to cause lapses of reality, but which ultimately still operate on a level which directly relates to exploring aspects of my personality, relationships with others, or other aspects of the external world such as nature. Typically, during these kinds of trips I prefer to have significant visual distortions and patterning and to have very intimate visions which generally reflect my hedonistic desires. 4-HO-MET manages to do this beautifully for me, as it has an external visual focus that I can only otherwise compare to phenethylamines, and the complex visionary imagery it produces among the geometry is usually of a highly erotic or kinky nature. It also tends to keep me fairly lucid for most of the experience even when time is massively slowed down and I can barely think of anything outside of the moment; it really is a wonderful sort of focus that is just right for such an intense recreational experience.

I love other tryptamines as well, but these two so far have really taken the cake for me. Some notable contenders so far though are 4-AcO-DALT, which seems to take me to a similar delirious place as 4-HO-DET but maybe with more visual distortions and music enhancement, and 4-HO-MiPT, which feels less visual to me than 4-HO-MET but is also quite lucid and sexual; however, neither or these I feel I have taken at a high enough dose to truly understand yet. On the other hand, the natural tryptamines and 4-AcO-DMT are excellent visionary substances, but they are a little too intoxicating for my usual tastes; while I can find aspects of them enjoyable, they're just not the kind of thing I crave when I'm just looking to have fun, which is what starts off most of my trips. When it comes to relentless life review though, there's not much better.... 4-HO-DiPT is good for that too, though I find it more like 4-HO-DET overall in style, but it is still quite unique from it compared to like how 4-AcO-DALT was.

Wow, your takes on metocin and ethocin are how I would describe them too. Especially that ethocin produces a controlled psychosis and metocin can be compared to the PEAs in many ways, visually. Bingo on both accounts.

Iasically, the trip that 4-HO-DET gives me is one of feeling near psychosis or delirium while still remaining paradoxically calm, which I find to really open up some incredible states of mind and mystical experiences through meditation or daydreaming. It is nowhere near as personal as most other psychedelics for me, instead often having visions relating specifically to other people that come with a feeling of dissociation, and it also has more of a focus on the dark and less on the light compared to other trips I am accustomed to. It is my choice type of experience for when I'm feeling like I simply want to dissolve my mind into chaos and fly through the depths of my subconscious, with less importance on dealing with aspects of my conscious self or my life as is common on other psychedelics.

4-HO-MET is my favorite tryptamine so far for the second kind, ....Typically, during these kinds of trips I prefer to have significant visual distortions and patterning and to have very intimate visions which generally reflect my hedonistic desires. 4-HO-MET manages to do this beautifully for me, as it has an external visual focus that I can only otherwise compare to phenethylamines, and the complex visionary imagery it produces among the geometry is usually of a highly erotic or kinky nature.

That is very cool to hear about metocin as you have far more experience with phenethylamines as I do. :) It definitely makes me even more excited to explore more with them in the future. That was really the kind of trip that got me so fascinated with psychedelics in the first place, as I find the level of expression to be not only very fun but also quite therapeutic. And there is always a deeper level of sexuality to discover! ;)

As for the ethocin, since you do feel that way, I'm wondering if maybe you could help answer something for me: is there any of this feeling to be found in DPT? I'm amazed at how little I meet people who have tried both, and I still haven't gone above threshold on the DPT, but just based on the reports it seems like much of the "darkness" that I find in these higher tail substitution tryptamines is present in it as well, though maybe without so much of the "controlled" part compared to ethocin lol. I've been especially curious lately because I've also heard people say that the visuals of DPT and DiPT compare, and a somewhat recent slightly above threshold dose of the latter combined with meditation definitely did bring me briefly into that tentacley, vortexy kind of realm.

I really liked reading your description of those tryptamines Kaleida, I find post like that to be really useful for coming to understand these chemicals.

I've done a bit of exploration with DPT, but I'm not super experienced with the tryptamines in general to compare it to the others - just the 4-sub-DMTs and 5-MeO-MiPT. DPT to me is very much in the darkness, and it can be a very cathartic psychedelic because of that. Every time I try it, it has this sinister vibe to it, but in a good way - it's really hard to explain that in text. It's an amazing music enhancer, but it's a bit difficult physically so I'd never want to take it at a concert or festival or anything where I need to do something other than lie on the floor.

Last edited:
I'm into the classics. Mushrooms for me take the cake. Had some good experiences on the DPT too and some on the DMT but DMT got all creepy on me a few times so not sure about that one anymore. Tryptamines always seem a bit darker than others. I prefer Lysergamides but tryps are okay just kind dark and sometimes more on the dirty side for me.

Well I haven't tried many (DMT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT) but I'll say psilocin has been my favorite so far, which may not be fair since I haven't had a proper DMT breakthrough.

I really liked reading your description of those tryptamines Kaleida, I find post like that to be really useful for coming to understand these chemicals.

I've done a bit of exploration with DPT, but I'm not super experienced with the tryptamines in general to compare it to the others - just the 4-sub-DMTs and 5-MeO-MiPT. DPT to me is very much in the darkness, and it can be a very cathartic psychedelic because of that. Every time I try it, it has this sinister vibe to it, but in a good way - it's really hard to explain that in text. It's an amazing music enhancer, but it's a bit difficult physically so I'd never want to take it at a concert or festival or anything where I need to do something other than lie on the floor.

I'm glad you found it useful. :) I enjoy contributing to the collective knowledge on these chemicals, and I like standing up for psilocin analogues especially because until the last few years it seemed like most people I ever saw said they were all basically the same compared to phenethylamines. While there are definitely some overlapping elements between them as would be expected, and even 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-DET sometimes resemble each other quite a lot for me during certain types of visual effects, overall I would have to say that I honestly find most of them to favor fairly different sets and settings, and to encompass between them multiple types of mind warps, body highs, and hallucinogenic schemes, and they range from lucid to psychotic, from subtle to overwhelming, and from euphoric to just stimulated to sedated. I certainly think that there is quite a lot there to be discovered and shared.

And thanks for sharing that bit on DPT. It definitely does sound very similar to my experiences with 4-HO-DET. :) Particularly the fact that the sinister vibe is good; for me it feels as though it appropriately balances out the light that most psychedelics bring by default, and at the same time the psychedelic state allows me to connect and empathize with it without fear and to accept it. It also is just kind of fun, hehe.... I get the feeling that you would really like it if you like that kind of thing, and if you like 4-substituted tryptamines. I have to say that I have gotten a bit of a body load as well from 4-HO-DET during the onset, but my supply was sort of a light brown.... The 4-AcO-DET I worked with was pure white and it was nearly as smooth as LSD, the only difference being a slight nausea at the beginning. The psychedelic effects were then identical to my experiences with 4-HO-DET in every way.

If DPT is a music enhancer in the way that 4-AcO-DALT is (which seems at least possible due to structural similarities, and 4-AcO-DALT is also a little heavier on my body) then I can say that 4-HO-DET and 4-AcO-DET have never been as good as that for me, but it's more just like their effects are dramatically increased by music. I have had out-of-body experiences (accompanied by a visual of being launched out of myself) just from going from silence to listening to music with headphones in after having successfully reached that "controlled psychosis" stage, and as soon as the songs ends I return and have some of the strongest breathing and warping visuals of my life for a few minutes. The phase spent out there is a bit harder to describe... but there sure is plenty of white light there, and few sexy things happening in between the cracks. It's fascinating stuff, and the subtlety and smooth nature of it is a big part of why I love it so much. I had my most vivid and stunning visuals ever on it, with detail like beautiful photorealistic paintings of other worlds transforming into one another in front of my eyes, accompanied with complex mystical delusions and entity perceptions, all while taking a shower and then brushing my teeth afterward. I bet you could easily take it at a music festival if you really wanted to, and even mix something else in to add some extra enhancement... but it sure would blast at least me into another universe. Make sure you write a trip report if you do. :D

That is very cool to hear about metocin as you have far more experience with phenethylamines as I do. :) It definitely makes me even more excited to explore more with them in the future. That was really the kind of trip that got me so fascinated with psychedelics in the first place, as I find the level of expression to be not only very fun but also quite therapeutic. And there is always a deeper level of sexuality to discover! ;)

As for the ethocin, since you do feel that way, I'm wondering if maybe you could help answer something for me: is there any of this feeling to be found in DPT?

My more recent DPT experience have not been as dark but in general, DPT is a very difficult experience for me. Far more difficult than ethocin. But it varies from person to person, some I know and trust find DPT a great ally, as do many BLers. For me, DPT is like sucking on an electrical cord.