• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Favorite Teacher?

LSD and DMT for me. They are the two that I have the most experience with and have definitely taught me the most, though 2C-B was very therapeutic for me. More so than MDMA has been.

I am relatively (compared to you all, at least) very very inexperienced in psychedelics. LSD, a few times, MDMA 5-6 times, Salvia 4ish times, that's it.

To be honest, of those I have learned the least from is LSD. Salvia has showed me my brain and has left me feeling more knowledgeable and open. MDMA, though not a psychedelic, has taught me very very valuable lessons. They weren't as overt as a vision, they were more like learning through feeling... but definite learning of important things.

EDIT: This thread makes me excited to try psilocybe.

4-AcO-DMT has taught me about the fragility of the human mind.

Salvia and ketamine have both taught me the universe is so complex and strange i will never come close to understanding it.

Mushrooms have taught me most. They like me and I like them. I've never EVER had bad times on mushrooms, they are always so gentle and understanding. Kind of gently poking you in the right direction, and they won't force you if you're reluctant to go or slow to see your way. Unlike acid, which just PUSHES you and if you don't walk fast enough it grabs you by the balls and drags you. I still like acid though, but mushrooms are a lot more benevolent. You can sense the good will of the mushroom spirit. Acid is more neutral, it's just a raw power that can be harnessed.

^ Same... almost word for word... only in reverse.

I <3 Lucy

Fond of everything else that has crossed my swirly path along the way, but me and 'cid get along best of all :)

Hmm, I've noticed other people saying that too. I wonder why some people find mushrooms more mellow and acid a bit harsh, like me, and others the other way around like you? Is it some fundamental difference in the way we think? Some thing that divides all the people in half: you either belong to the "shroom people" or the "acid people". Or is it just a matter of personal preference? I wonder.

/offtopic

and ps. I love lucy too, I do like to take it when I'm looking for a wild ride.

^ See now I'd take mushrooms if looking for a wild ride. Love them both deeply but LSD is just easier and friendlier for me. I've wondered about the "shroom people" and "acid people" thing many times. I honestly think there's something to it. Not sure what that something is, mind...

I'm surprised I am the only person voting for cacti...

Mushrooms are probably my go to. I've especially had good results when combined with crystaline MDMA, but molly alone I don't particularly care for.

I've probably learned the most from Mescaline, but it is hard to come by.

LSD is a bit overwhelming to me. I get a lot of thinking done, and it is extremely clear, but I don't think it is particularly deep or meaningful introspection.

Salvia, when chewed, has probably shown me the greatest truths, but overall my results with this substance have been mixed. Sometimes it was great, sometimes not. Always very strange. I almost hesitate to describe the effects of sally d as psychedelic.

def oral dmt, (mimosa and syrian is what ive used). but mushies come in a very close second. both put me in tough with a 'higher' form of knowledge, i feel as if there is a presence behind everything trying to teach me something, if only i could hear it clearly. lsd has done this too, but i seem to always come down and kinda feel tricked. (though i love acid too :))

acid has changed me the most, mushrooms definatly made me relaize the most, like how beautiful this world is, and i had a mushroom+ecstasy trip recently that was the most amazing thing ever, i kinda had anxiety before the trip and when the shrooms kicked in everything started making sense, all the ideas in my head flowed together perfectly and the world made alot more sense to me after that trip..

i<mushrooms:]

Hmm, I've noticed other people saying that too. I wonder why some people find mushrooms more mellow and acid a bit harsh, like me, and others the other way around like you? Is it some fundamental difference in the way we think? Some thing that divides all the people in half: you either belong to the "shroom people" or the "acid people". Or is it just a matter of personal preference? I wonder.

/offtopic

and ps. I love lucy too, I do like to take it when I'm looking for a wild ride.

I've often wondered about this fundamental distinction as well.

For me personally acid is the gentlest, most breathtakingly beautiful psychedelic experience that I could imagine. Its easy for me to steer it in a certain direction, even at ego-crushing doses -- and it makes listening to music like being kissed on the lips by the whole universe at once.

But for me, shrooms are very hit or miss (especially on the music euphoria) -- and they don't hesitate to kick my ass properly if I should need it (happened to me not too long ago and it was extremely uncomfortable and powerful, possibly more so than any other psychedelic I've taken. It shook me to my very core).

The thing that I find with shrooms is that they "have a mind of their own," (probably not literally) but the experience is very forceful to me, especially during the come-up and peak, and sometimes I get confused and delusional -- this never really happens when I take LSD. I must say, though, after a shroom trip I have this profound sense of release, like I've unburdened myself of all my psychic hangups -- like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders and I'm innocent and pure again.

When I'm done with a shroom trip, I usually don't feel an urge to dose again soon or continue dosing excessively -- I feel like I'm done with it and can move on. With acid, though, I always want to go back and continue the LOLs and cosmic music euphoria -- kind of psychologically addictive to me just because of my particular personality. :)

It could also just be that my first truly enjoyable, significant, and life-changing trips occured on LSD so it triggers that memory in my brain which makes me very happy. :) Overall, its probably just simply preference -- and as long as you're grooving in the cosmos, who really cares what kinda spaceship you ride to get you there? :D

I am relatively (compared to you all, at least) very very inexperienced in psychedelics. LSD, a few times, MDMA 5-6 times, Salvia 4ish times, that's it.

To be honest, of those I have learned the least from is LSD. Salvia has showed me my brain and has left me feeling more knowledgeable and open. MDMA, though not a psychedelic, has taught me very very valuable lessons. They weren't as overt as a vision, they were more like learning through feeling... but definite learning of important things.

EDIT: This thread makes me excited to try psilocybe.

Lol, only psyches i've done are shrooms, nitrous and fake acid once lol. I don't have much to say here because of that but.. Shrooms taught me things.... The rhyme and reason to everything is opposition!! I can't be fucked explaining it now but man..

Mescaline from tricho cacti. It allows me to regain the childlike wonder of the world and re-realize the simple beauty around you without any discernable degredation in cognitive function. You can enjoy and analyze the world around you like no other psych allows.

That sounds exactly like my mushroom experience. I have yet to try mescaline.

Still a n00b lol.

Psilocybin has taught me far, far more than LSD. And I'm still learning. LSD seems almost frivolous in comparison.

I'm surprised I am the only person voting for cacti...

I'll say cacti as well. Peruvian Torch to be more specific.

Every psychedelic Ive tried has been a phenethylamine, and the cacti takes the cake in terms of depth. Plus is doesnt make me jittery as with 2C-x compounds.

I'm still waiting to try a tryptamine

Mushrooms l saw reality in a whole different world, me being naive thinking "oh psychedelics look so fun, seeing colors and hallucinations, sounds fun" now Ive learn to respect psychedelics like no other.