⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite Movie Soundtracks & Scores?

Being John Malkovich - Cater Burwell
The City of Lost Children - Angelo Badalamenti
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me - Angelo Badalamenti
Once Upon a Time in the West - Ennio Morricone
The Forbidden Zone - The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Danny Elfman (don't really care for the movie...but that score is mind-twisting!)
Eraserhead - David Lynch & Alan Splet
And possibly the best saved for last...
Dead Man - Neil Young

Im not a big oldie person but goodfella soundtrack always got a place in my heart <3 Espcially "Layla"

+1 on Dead Man.

Pi is my favorite:

1. Pi R² - Clint Mansell
2. P.E.T.R.O.L. - Orbital
3. Kalpol Intro - Autechre
4. Bucephalus Bouncing Ball - Aphex Twin
5. Watching Windows [Ed Rush & Optical Remix] - Roni Size
6. Angel - Massive Attack
7. We Got the Gun - Clint Mansell
8. No Man's Land - David Holmes
9. Anthem - Gus Gus
10. Drippy - Banco de Gaia
11. Third from the Sun - Psilonaut
12. Low Frequency Inversion Field - Spacetime Continuum
13. 2 Pi R - Clint Mansell

and anything else by Clint Mansell

Most of my favourite movies achieve favourite status because I am very aware of the soundtrack when watching something.

As such...

- Todo Sobré mi Madre has a soundtrack that will ALWAYS manage to make me cry bawl a little. Girls like that, and they enjoy watching this particular masterpiece with me to cry along :D

Samples:
Gorrión by Dino Saluzi
Tajabone by Ismaël Lô

- Baraka: Seeing that the soundtrack makes up at least 50% of the film's content, it is safe to say that this one is gold. Another tear-jerker.

Samples:
Host of the Seraphim by Dead can Dance
Untitled(?) by Harmonic Choir

- The Fountain: Yet another tear-Jerker. I love the violins in particular.

Sample

*Sniff* ok, I actually started crying while making this list. Please DO listen to it at leisure :D

Other notable (non-crying though) soundtracks:

- Oldboy (Sample)
- Silent Hill (whose OST is taken from the game-series of the same name, which happen to have killer music).
- Batman Returns

And I also agree with the above suggestions of:

- Kill Bill v.1
- Pulp Fiction
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Last edited:
I love this one...one of the most sensually melancholic soundtracks I've ever had the pleasure of listening to...when I close my eyes I can imagine exactly which part of the movie is playing (same with the Fountain).

listen here

Listened and absolutely loved.

Now I want to see it :).

The Big Lebowski
Easy Rider
Dumb & Dumber
Woodstock (!)
The Crow (1994)
Goodfellas
The Departed

The Soundtrack from "Into The Wild" with all of the songs by Eddie Vedder I love that soundtrack, especially the song "Society" It's lyrics match the film so much and are also very true to life.

in no order: GOODFELLAS
JACKIE BROWN(awesome sndtrk!!)
THE DEPARTED
BLOW
MEAN STREETS(older martin scorcese flick)

Listened and absolutely loved.

Now I want to see it :).

OMG, I actually read (or rather, listened to a reading of) half of Lolita today, and I must say I am completely entranced by this man's writing style as he seems to express things in a manner similar to what I'd love to do all the time.

I was totally absorbed. I listened to the reading, non-stop for 8 hours straight during my evening shift. The rest shall be continued on the plane on the way to Europe in a couple of days...

Lolita is a fantastic novel, jammy :) it's almost as if the obsession of the narrator bleeds on to your very hands and eyes as you are reading. kinda spooky. but very effective

Lolita is a fantastic novel, jammy :) it's almost as if the obsession of the narrator bleeds on to your very hands and eyes as you are reading. kinda spooky. but very effective

So true. Its the kind of book that just sucks you in and you're left breathless and reeling, as if you've tasted his obsession firsthand. (Same feeling I get when I read The Lover by Marguerite Duras).... Glad you're lovin the book Jammy. I enjoyed the book and BOTH Lolita film adaptations (by Stanley Kubrick and Adrian Lyne respectively). <3

limits of control soundtrack is dope.

Your use of music here reminded me a little bit of the way you used Neil Young’s score in Dead Man. Electric guitar dominates, and it’s not so much guitar as a melodic element than as a textural one.

Well, to me, electric guitars are one of the great inventions of the 20th century, along with quantum physics, the human genome and the bikini, I guess. I’ve been a Boris fan for probably ten years ever since someone gave me a cassette of Amplifier Worship. I’ve been exploring all this stuff for a while, from Earth and Sleep and Om and High on Fire and certainly Sunn O))). I was listening to a lot of this stuff [while writing], and I thought, I don’t want to have someone make a score, I wanted to do what I did on Broken Flowers with the Ethiopian musician Mulatu Astatke. I wanted to create a score out of existing music and edit it [together]. I started collecting stuff, and by the time I cut the film I had a whole file of music to work with in the editing room.

Did the process of listening to this music and choosing some of it while writing and shooting push the narrative in any particular direction?

That’s very hard to answer because those things overlap and are intertwined in so many ways. Certainly some of the music inspired some of the editing of the film, and it inspired atmospheric things that are kind of intangible and only in my imagination. I don’t like film music that feels slapped on the surface of the images. I like it to be woven into the mood of the film. The music was inspiring on a lot of levels — I wasn’t listening to it on the set or anything, but certain qualities were pushing me forward in an abstract way.

http://limitedcontrol.posterous.com/soundtrack-interview

o_brother_where_art_thou_a_170069.jpg

^win! Chris Thomas King's song is my favorite of the lot.

Last edited:
I have recently listened to these and are adding them to my list:

Various%2BArtists%2B-%2BThe%2BRoyal%2BTenenbaums.jpg

l6859.jpg

And since I just watched Public Enemies, I'm definitely getting the soundtrack soon. Such good songs from Billie Holiday, Diana Krall, and the score by Goldenthal is just great. Thumbs up! It stayed with me long after the movie ended.