• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Favorite cure for adderall crash???

Just go to sleep. That's what I would do when I was prescribed low doses of Adderall/Dexedrine. I never really had a "crash" from it though.

I guess because I am a chronic user, my answer is to sleep and then use more when you awaken.

If you are just a casual user, then any kind of benzo is basically the best thing, as it not only gets rid of the twitching and tweaking, it also makes you relax and prevents panic.

If you are a chronic user, there really is no answer aside from weeks if not months of abstinence, during which it is really difficult not to relapse, and switching to another drug would just create a new addiction.

I suppose good nutrition, exercise, sunlight, meditations, re-directing your attention to external activities, etc, could help, but I haven't ever bothered that far.

Kratom is my go to aid, and strangely enough while Im on the adderall I have no desire to even take the kratom so it ends up being the only dose of the day, so I get pretty buzzed. Was surprising since Ive been a daily user for a long time

Has anyone tried the Mallinckrodt generic addys? I got them today and they are quite speedy (not in a good way) and make my stomach hurt. They are white with the dosage on one side and an M on the other with an octagon shape. I've been reading horror stories about these, but am curious if anyone else has tried them.

Benzos are the BEST for a stimulant comedown... but let me give you a word of advice:

Do EVERYTHING in your power to not chase the "perfect comedown" with benzos, especially if you're taking them every day... because it will very quickly lead to higher and higher benzo prescriptions. Almost no one stays prescribed to benzos for their whole lives.... meaning one day you will have to face the reality of withdrawl.

I was on adderall for 6 years for ADHD and that led to hard speed for a couple years after that, and I found my prescription for xanax to be a lifesaver for those comedowns... but I'd seen a friend of mine go through a near-fatal withdrawl experience from klonopin after abusing it for years, and I somehow managed to never go above 1mg a day for those 4 years.

... but it was STILL the *WORST* 13 weeks of my LIFE to get off of the xanax. Words cannot describe the physical and mental horrors that my body put me through for those weeks, and I was very careful to not abuse my scripts, either.

So my advice, for whatever it's worth, is to do whatever you can to not take benzos every day... but only as needed-- especially if it becomes a habit alongside daily stimulant use. Do what you can to find a less addictive alternative if you're using both every day.

SLEEP. Recently, by the time I start coming down my body is so exhausted, I just fall asleep without effort. I sleep like a rock and won't get up for shit.

Haldol?? Isn't that a really old medication for schizophrenics and a very dangerous medication with very bad side effects?

Yes, but occasional use is not generally dangerous. The reason why haldol and other anti-psychotics are so useful for amphetamine comedowns is that the animal model scientists use to screen lead compounds for use as anti-psychotics involves first giving rats enough amphetamines over a long enough period of time so that they become "delirious" from the amphetamine.

Antipsychotics eliminate this delirium. They're even better for ending bad psychedelic trips.

what will we be having to drink today?
benzos.
and are you ready to order or should i come back?
no ill have the benzos please, medium rare.

oh and ill also have a side hydromorph contin 30mg please!

calm down everybody. benzos can actually prolong your comedown. L-tyrosine, and L-tryptophan , source of protein with it. Magnesium too.

Benzo's are good for that. Also L-tyrosine and L-tryptophan will help replenish dopamine and serotonin provided you sleep and have a source of protein.

As mentioned on this entire thread, from the beginning. As I have already stated, being on either Adderall or Dexedrine for 21 years
I have seen some changes, that others have also noticed about Adderall Instant Release that are not all good.

Ranbaxy made Adderall for 3 or 4 years, thank god, I believe they are out of the game now. All Ranbaxy Adderall were substandard, and "not acceptable to me at all". Especially during 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. I tried Ranbaxy Generic Adderall 10 mg and the 20 mg Instant Release, and got headaches, and irregular heartbeats, for the only time in my life taking Adderall. The National Drug Code for Ranbaxy was 630304-0909-01 for 10 mg generic Adderall, and 63304-0910-01 for the 20 mg of the instant release
generic Adderall. Not sure how long Ranbaxy manufactured them possibly as recently as 2012.

Another negative experience, I had, and there were very, very few negative experiences with generic Adderall, were with the
Core manufactured tablets of Generic Adderall, often labeled just like the Ranbaxy, or any Generic Adderall, as "mixed
Amphetamine Salts on the prescription bottle. National Drug Code 64720-0132-10 for the ten mg Core (10mg) generic Instant
release Adderall, and NDC 64720-0135--10 for the twenty mg I/R generic Adderall (10mg) generic often labeled as Mixed
amphetamine salts. "It all had to do with the binders and fillers used, cheap one, that caused a disturbance in the
unregulated "Bioavailability" of how the human body breaks down the drug.

I have never had a negative experience from my first Adderall brand name, originally, made by Richwood Pharmaceuticals, from
1994 thru around 2001/2002. From there on forward, ShireUS either merged with Richwood, and/or bought the company out,
and/or paid the company off legally to get the license, to legally manufacture "Adderall Instant Release" and "DextroStrat"
instant release that were a tablet of either 5 mg or 10mg either made by Richwood Pharma, or by ShireUS Pharma from 1994
(a different formula, that being 100% pure dextroamphetamine Instant Release) until around the end of 2008. (18 years).

Barr Labs began, making the popular Instant Release Adderall Generic, when the US patent ran out I believe it was around the
year, 2006 or 2007. Barr Labs were originally 100% a USA firm with a factory in Pennsylvania. Teva of Israel bought out 90%+
of the Barr Labs and their Geneva Labs subsidiary, in December of 2008. During this same time frame in history, ShireUS, sold
the patent rights, to the Brand Name Adderall with the embossment AD and the milligram of the drug on the backside of the pill
during the same year, around 2008. During the latter part of 2008, all of 2009, and all of 2010, Barr/Teva of Sellersville, PA also
made both the Brand name of Adderall Instant Release, and the Generic version of Adderall, and the very bottle of the former Barr
Labs Instant Release said "manufactured by Teva Pharmaceuticals, USA, Sellersville, PA 18960

Teva Brand Adderall had a different National Drug Code, compared to still Teva Generic Adderall Instant Release bottles of 100
count per bottle sent to brick and mortar USA pharmacies. The National Drug Code for Brand Name Adderall Instant Release
manufactured by Teva, in 2009 and 2010, until the patent finally expired, were NDC 0555-07640-02 for the ten mg bottles, and
Teva by then had total control over all milligram versions of Instant Release Adderall Brand, made in once seven (7) different
strengths, each with a different NDC. (national drug code)
5mg.
7.5mg
10mg
12.5mg
15mg
20mg
30mg all seven milligram versions, were brand original formula Adderall, just like the Richwood patent, that took place in the
year 1994, "yet being a different USA manufacturer, the NDC codes differed, from Richwood, to ShireUS to Barr. DextroStrat,
a competitor to the original Smith Kline French 1937 original USA first dextroamphetamine, only made in 5 mg, was eliminated,
during the year I believe 2008, when ShireUS shut down production of pure dextroamphetamine brand name DextroStrat. It was
briefly made as Dextrostrat, embossed in a round peach color front side with a small "b" rear side with a 952 underscore 5 by
Teva labs during nearly all of 2008, possibly some of 2007, as NDC code 00555-0952-02 five mg Barr Labs pure dextroamphetamine tablets, before Teva bought out Barr Labs, again during the December 2008 buyout of Barr by Teva. as
well as the I/R 10mg Barr Labs Dextrostat NDC #00555-0953-02. ( sold to Pharmacies in 100 count sealed bottles) for both
the years 2009, and 2010. Source: Redbook Pharmacy's Fundamental Reference 114th edition for year 2010, published by
PDR Network LLC a trademark by Thomson Reuters Healthcare Inc. ISBN 978-1-56363-751-3 " a interesting switch from the
previous years publisher, year 2009 by Physicians Desk Reference Inc, of Montvale New Jersey 07645-1725.

From 2008 and 2009, the retail price of REDBOOK was $76.95 US dollars, by the year 2011 to the current year 2015, the price
increased to a range of $1595 to $1995.00 in USA dollars, a incredible outrageous jump in prices, and the textbook was
eliminated in the final year of 2010, and from 2011 forward, it is only offered by prescription online only, with or without monthly
updates, on the prices mainly, and the radical changes in the world marketplace of ethical pharmaceuticals.

Example Adderall originally was a license purchase in 1993, from Richwood Pharmaceutical Inc, in Kentucky, from the founder of
the formula, the 28 year production run of patented OBETROL PHARMACEUTICALS, (a Division of Rexar Pharmacal Corp, 382
Schenck Avenue Brooklyn New York 11207. (who marketed Obetrol as 50% Methamphetamine and 25 & dextroamphetamine, and
25% amphetamine sulfate, in 10mg and 20 mg pills, later, by 1974, switching the formula, to exactly the same formula from 1974
until 1994, when both Obetrol and the Madison Avenue slick marketing name, of Adderall was introduced both in the marketplace,
both if the same year, just for 1994, as Obetrol gradually had either their supplies sold off of the USA pharmacy shelves, or
refunded the pharmacies for unsold product by the end of 1994.

Prices for Adderall in 1994 were Average Wholesale Price 10 mg was this: with Sources

Dexedrine 5 mg Instant Release Average Wholesale Price by Smith Beecham Kline Pharma 19 cents US each
Dexstrostat 5 mg Instant Release Average Wholesale Price by Richwood Pharma 20 cents US each.
Obetrol 5 mg Instant Release Average Wholesale Price by Obetrol-Rexar Pharma 19 cents US each
Obetrol 10 mg Instant Release Average Wholesale Price by Obetrol-Rexar Pharma 30 cents US each
Source: PDR Generics 1st Edition 1995 page 821 of 2,881 pages.
Technically, the original brand name by competitor and formula founder of Dexedrine Sulfate tablets, embossed, SKF E-19,
were also dropped voluntarily, by the new owners of the former Smith Kline French, and later Smith Kline Beecham Labs of
Philadelphia, PA after a 62 year production run of the pink and or referred to as the light orange hearts Dex Sulfate Instant
Release at the end of the first quarter in late March of 2009, actually made for Glaxo Smith Kline by Abbott Labs of North
Chicago Illinois, for the last 7 or 8 years of the 62 year production run. (again a different slightly more potent stimulant, due
to the composition of Dexedrine Sulfate containing 100% pure dextroamphetamine all in fast release or instant release form.

Compare this after a relatively steady Average Wholesale price adjusted perhaps for maybe 3% yearly inflation.

Brand Adderall by another Barr subsidiary, "Duramed" of Sellersville PA USA 10 mg were $3.43 cents per 10 mg pill. AWP.
Generic Adderall also known as "Mixed Amphetamine Salts" by Barr Labs, USA 10 mg were $1.37 each Average Wholesale Price
per pill. Both of these AWP figures are from page 202 and page 233 of the 2009 REDBOOK with NDC codes + Orange Book codes.

One year later, in the 2010 REBBOOK Phamacys Fundamenental Reference 114th edition lists these prices:

Brand Adderall (now by Teva) of Sellersville PA USA 10 mg Average Wholesale Price increased to $3.61 per tablet.
Generic Adderall (now by teva) of Sellersville PA USA 10 mg Average Wholesale Price remains at $1.37 per tablet.
Generic Adderall (another Generic by Ranbaxy of India) 10 mg Average Wholesale Price remains at $1.37 per tablet.
Generic Adderall (another Generic by Sandoz) 10 mg Average Wholesale Price remains at $1.37 per tablet.
Generic Adderall (yet another Generic by Core Pharma) Average Wholesale Price remains at $1.37 per tablet.

In the year 2010, the source again is REDBOOK and the common substitute name on the pharmacy bottle for generic
Adderall is still "Mixed Amphetamine Salts" as the real formula is just too long to print on a pharmacy bottle, unless one
gets the original shipment bottle from each respective factory, with the pharmacy label adhered somewhere on the bottle.

The latest news I should start a new thread on, as the entire Instant Release amphetamine/dextroamphetamine market,
and the separate dextroamphetamine market, both tablets in the original Instant Release versions, has some new prices,
and some brand new manufacturers of brand and generic products, and some manufacturers have dropped production.

A few clues as I finish this thread on "Adderall" is Ranbaxy is no longer producing their versions of stimulants due to FDA
quality control issues allegedly. Brand Adderall license has formally expired. Generic Adderall is still produced, only the
prices have escaled even more on the generics, and some very large Insurance companies in the USA have very recently
dropped Generic Adderall from their formularies, thus for some USA citizens it is pay cash, at a higher price, or look for new
substitutes for the chemically more potent, various I/R and E/R Dextroamphetamine with some brand new manufacturers.
One is Wilshire of Atlanta Georgia, another is a subsidiary affiliated with Wilshire from Atlanta, GA marketed as Zenzedi, in
a very wide range of dose forms from instant release dextroamphetamine 2.5 mg to ER versions up to allegedly 30 mg tabs.
Aerobindo offers their version of I/R Dextroamphetamines. Teva continues to manufacturer 5 and 10 mg Generic versions of
DextroStat, but no brand Dextrostat. Teva continues to market Generic Adderall in many sizes of I/R mixed amphetamine salts.
Finally, Mallincrodt offers, both generic Adderall tabs, and generic Dexedrine Sulfate tabs in a variety of sizes both in the
Instant Release versions. IMHO use caution in testing the new products, as a long time user of the original SKF E-19 heart
Dexxtroamphetamine original patented AA Orange Book rating supurb I/R stimulants, I have been "disappointed" to say the
least in two manufacturers of dextroamphetamine, instant release tablets, compared to brand Dextrostat, and brand GSK
Dexedrine I/R tablets, and I am being "nice about it" I have also been a bit disappointed in the Mallincrodt products in both
generic Adderall I/R and they do have a generic pure Dextroamphetamine Sulfate I/R on the market in 2015 so far untested,
by me.

That is my 2 cent worth for today. Finally, the prices are still climbing, and the Dexedrine Spansules in 5mg 10mg and 15 mg
prices are so high they are unprintable without my sources to quote by my laptop. Glaxo Smith Kline sold the patents to all
of their historical AA quality drugs worldwide in the past 5 years. (they only produced dextroamphetamine I/R and E/R and
Benzedrine, which was discontinued in the mid 1980's, along with "Dexamyl" in the year 1982). Not checked for spelling errors,
sorry it is my bedtime.

Any new ideas to crash on Adderall? I agree with most posters solutions on this forum on this topic. I do not agree, on using
the antipsychotic Haldol, or any antipsychotic, like, Risperdal, or worse yet Zyprexa, or Seroquel, I do sleep dose dependent, but
I am a zombie for nearly all of the next day, and the knockout punch necessary to put me to sleep in just dangerous, as I live alone.
I agree that Sex is a great tranquilizer, I agree that if you are benzo tolerant, a good dose of Rivotril, or USA Clonazepam, or a hefty
dose of Diazepam, will work. In the past I agree some good weed will help in the crash. The perfect crash for me was when I was
in my 20's and early 30's, those drugs have been discontinued due to recreational abuse, or due to poor sales due to a negative
reputation with worldwide MD's so are for all practical purposes are no longer a option. What I would give to have some William
H Rorer 300 mg "embossed 714" Quaaludes, or Lemmon embossed "714" Quaaludes as I used them for Coke runs and they were the
perfect sedative to crash, with a smile on your face, and USV and William H Rorer Doriden 500mg the round tablets, I have dreams about
locating for a crash on Adderall, as Gluthethimide, has been removed from the USA market since 1993, and Quaaludes since 1983, and
200mg Tuinals have been removed as well, for quite a long time, excellent sedatives to crash on strong uppers. For now, I will stick
with my earlier post, that was either Clonazepam, or Pfizer Halcion, and the very hard to find, Gador Alplax alprazolam 2 mg bars from
Buenos Aires Argentina, or, sometimes 1/2 bar to one bar of Phizer South Africa Xanor, but I agree, I rotate my use of benzo's, as for
me, they are all too addictive. Yes, I also do like to crash on 0C, but in careful dosing. Not always available for me to the outrageous
price increases. I wish I lived in a legal MJ state to test the more potent THC versions, all I can get where I live sporatically is Mexican
just average MJ. The last ethical Methaqualone manufactured in a multimillion dollar sanitary plant was PharmChemie of Switzerland,
production stopped after 41 years in 2007, and for Glutethimide? in EU, production stopped also around 2006/2007 in both Romania,
and Hungary. Glutemid, and Tardyl. Will just have to adjust to the here and now, with what has already been excellently discussed.

Last edited: