• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

fatty vegan junk food?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I take 60 mg of adderall daily, don't eat much, and am vegan, so im 20 pounds underweight. Does anyone know of any vegan foods full of fat? I'm fine with health foods, but I'm assuming most are junk foods so thats why i put junk food in the title. I don't really care about my health much but i want my parents to quit worrying about me not eating enough and i want to up my adderall dose, so I'm just looking for anything that'll put some weight on me. Thanks

Peanuts have a lot of "hidden" fat (about 50% of weight), so you can get a lot of calories from them if your stomach can handle a large amount of them. Potato chips are vegan food, too, unless they contain sour cream flavoring, but it's not good to eat a lot of them because of the large salt (sodium) content.

Vegan diets are low in saturated fat, B12, EPAs and DHAs (essential fats). These things are all pretty much absent. Coconut oil won't cut it, and aside from olive oil, most other vegetable oils are hard on the body, even carcinogenic.

I'm not trying to sound rude or mean, but honestly vegan diets are a surefire road to poor health. They're good for short term, not for long term. Veganism is a non-historical diet with no proof of efficacy. We're only just starting to find out what is happening to older vegans in our society because until the mid 21st century veganism pretty much didn't exist, and the research is not encouraging.

You'd be way, way better off becoming a vegetarian. There's lots of evidence for that being a good way of life. It's going to be hard to gain weight if you aren't consuming saturated fat from animal products. No meat required, but even something like clarified butter would be immensely helpful.

I used to be a lot more yielding toward vegans but after seeing so many health disasters come through my practice I can't openly support it anymore.