• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Fake Xanax Blamed In San Francisco Woman's Death

LOL what possible reason would weed dealers have for mixing in synthetic cannabinoids in with real cannabis?

edit: I live in an American state where cannabis is legal (and where it has essentially been decriminalized for decades), I guess in other places maybe it's different

re: fake Xanax bars. Yeah a lot of them are made with pill presses and are dosed higher than 2 mgs per bar. As a consumer that doesn't really bother me, though, just as long as it's alprazolam I'm getting (not that I'm even into Xanax at all, though, it's a pretty boring drug)

@burntofferings: to someone that is benzo naive, 2mg variance is like signing a contract to have a blackout. You get your bars...you eat one...it has 1mg or less. You don't get relief so you take another thinking its going to be the same. This one has 4mg. Your at 5mg now, and since the high is subtle, you don't realize it and decide to drink a Zima for some reason...I guess you just love the cool refreshing malt liquor flavor. Next thing you wake up surrounded by empty bottles, naked on the bathroom floor of a walmart with the door baracaded with broken urinals and toilets....you hear pounding and "this is the police, put your pants on and come out!"...all that from eating two poorly portioned bars. (some parts of this story have been fabricated)

Prohibition is a dangerous game. Nothing changes but drugs get more dangerous. Hookers keep whoring, junkies keep scoring. Why inject even more risky behavior into that by not adding a bit of oversight?

I'd be very wary of buying Xanax that wasn't prescribed. There's lots of black market Xanax available DarkNet markets are full of them it seems. As medicine cabinet said there are even videos of people making the pills with a huge pill press, I presume that operation was legit but you would be safer sticking to doctors ones for sure.

And the variation as manboychef says I remember my first time trying Xanax it was the 2mg Onex bars and 2 of them and I completely blacked out. The illicit presses probably have a spread of at LEAST from 0-5mg. Dangerous for new comers and doesn't help people with tolerance either; you don't know what your taking each day.

That's a good point about the fent getting mixed in on somebody's pill press, that honestly makes a lot more sense than trying to fake alprazolam with fentanyl.

I used to buy bars from a kid that always had 100s on hand, but this was like 6-7 years ago, and they were legit (I ate a lot of them), I always wondered where he got them...

Over in EADD people talk about this like it's normal. I guess it's a euro thing?

I'm pretty sure the big shipment bottles from Pfizer, dava, purepac ect are 1000ct so having a few hundred is imaginable, I used to get 100ct bottles but I didn't even like benzos really back then hah..

But now you go on any of the dnms and you see ppl talking about buying thousands of bars...and in endless supply it would seem.

The ppl busted in Laval had enough Alp and filler to press like 20million bars or something crazy...plus they had 7 rotary presses iirc...but from ppl who are more knowledgeable about pressing pills were saying that the pill presses they had wernt suited for pressing something with an active drug in the 1mg range, there were ways to do it properly but it involved stuff I'm not familiar with...but either way, I know a guy who charges sloghlty more for bars than 2 footballs. So I try to get footballs when I can. There was a fake Xanax on edata that had clonazepam in it.

My own rx is small. Used to be 6mg a day lol weened down to 1mg. Now I'll just grab some up when a good deal pops up.

Last edited: