• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Fake Xanax Blamed In San Francisco Woman's Death

eastern star

Greenlighter
"The public is being urged not to buy prescription drugs on the street after a drug labeled as Xanax was linked to at least one death and numerous severe opioid drug overdoses in San Francisco last week, San Francisco Department of Public Health officials said today."

http://abc7news.com/news/dangerous-fake-xanax-being-sold-on-streets-of-sf/1048603/

xanax with a fentanyl cut, sold on the street killed a 34 yr old woman in SF. Crazy....

Fuck, that's crazy, dangerously irresponsible by some idiot with a pill press... Except for looking like they've been in someone's pocket for a couple days they look pretty close to the real ones too. There's a pretty strong street market for pills in SF, could be a real problem.

That's fucked... hope the presser of these dies the slow painful death they deserve.

There is fake bars everrrrrrywhere..every brand there is. Plus there is a video out there showing like a 30 sec clip of guysin a room with a ten die rotoray press pumping out bars saying out loud shit like 50cents 50ce ts dollars dollar making money ect...

Then you realize how hard it actually is for an amature to make a pill with such a small amount of active ingredient. Plus I've heard Alp is esp hard to evenly mix.

Hardly anyone gets the pure powder since its kinda hard to dose. Once they have been pressed the price lime quadruples.

Look up the bust in Canada where they got like 18kg Alp and 4600kg of binder and various dies. You could see green ones yellow ones, white ones...

Crazy someone would put fent in there...if anyone has looked on edata there has been some weird seizures of Alp and xanax...one fake Xanax had tmfpp or whatever the piperazine is, so seeing fent isnt surprising.

Hey that's really weird - a warning went around harm reduction circles in Australia about fake Xanax bars cut with Fentanyl just last week. Either a weird coincidence, or a really wide reach!

That is wierd.... I thought Fents oral bio was low though, but if she held it under her tounge, and xanax and fent is dangerous for tolerant users, and say she didn't event use opiates...thats a death pill, espcially if it was more than one...

I'm with you screaming skull. Fentanyl must be dirt cheap to buy in bulk, because pure alprazolam powder is pretty cheap...Maybe this guy wanted to offer more bang for the buck. I guess just be careful and go to a doctor for your script. They hand out xanax like candy.

Most pill pressers don't put much thought into their product, they just throw in anything they think will vaguely simulate the effect of the drug they're counterfeiting, so I'm not really surprised by this.

I would guess that the dark net is the reason counterfeit pills and fentanyl have become such huge problems over the last couple years - used to be that there wasn't usually enough of a market in one area for someone to justify whipping up batches of something like alprazolam or fentanyl, pressing it, then selling it (there were exceptions - fake oc80's with fent have been common in Canada for a while apparently), but now that the market is international they can just keep pumping it out and people will just keep buying it from all over the world, then do their own pressing. And because there's such a wide spread, you end up with so many different batches with different ingredients, purities, etc.

Fucking shit that someone died and another 3 got seriously injured just because some idiot didn't give a shit about anything more than making a profit though.

Another death is suspected to be cause by the same pills.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/crime-courts/ci_29070103/two-santa-cruz-county-men-die-from-counterfeit

APTOS -- Two men have died after taking a street version of the anxiety drug Xanax in recent weeks, the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office reported.

Sheriff's Lt. Kelly Kent warned residents not to take prescription medicine that is not prescribed by a doctor.

At a party in Watsonville Oct. 24, a 19-year-old man and another man ingested what they thought was Xanax, Kent said. They both "experienced a medical emergency" and were taken to Watsonville Community Hospital.

The 19-year-old was put on life support and died in the hospital Friday, Kent said. The other man survived.

Family of the 19-year-old told investigators that they believed he had taken Xanax or something similar to Xanax, said sheriff's Sgt. Chris Clark.

Oct. 27, a 29-year-old Aptos man also consumed what he thought was Xanax and was found dead in his home the next day, Clark said. A friend of the man also mentioned Xanax. Investigators found a similar looking pill in his home.

During an investigation, authorities found that a street version of the drug alprazolam has been linked to the deaths. Genuine alprazolam is a benzodiazepine used to treat anxiety and panic disorders. It is found in brand name drugs such as Xanax and Niravam, Kent said.

Toxicology tests are not yet complete in the men's deaths. Yet deputies noted that there have been three deaths in San Francisco recently related to the street version of Xanax possibly laced with fentanyl, a potent opioid medication.

"We don't want any more of these happening," Clark said Tuesday. "We want to get information out there to better protect the public."

Still no tox results so its unconfirmed.

Ugh, what kind of sack of shit does that? Put something in a pill you were giving someone that you know could potentially kill them, without their knowledge? That's fucked up behavior.

If they were unaware that fentanyl is an extremely powerful opioid drug which could have a bad effect on someone who had never taken it before, well, then they're an ignorant sack of shit.

I have encountered fake Xanax 3 times in the last few months. The taste is usually a dead give away since I dose sublingually.

This is absolutely crazy!!! I watched a documentary called underworld, on fake pills. The place in pakistan they were making the pills was pretty nasty.

The quantity of fentanyl needed for a fatal dose, especially if it was combined with xanax means that this could easily have come from contamination on a mixer or pill press machine. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people home pressing xanax weren't also trying to press oxy or other opiate pills with fentanyl, they can sell for much more than xanax.

The quantity of fentanyl needed for a fatal dose, especially if it was combined with xanax means that this could easily have come from contamination on a mixer or pill press machine. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people home pressing xanax weren't also trying to press oxy or other opiate pills with fentanyl, they can sell for much more than xanax.

That's what I'm thinking...simply based on the fact that dead customers are not repeat customers. Doesn't work out for anyone...plus the person that sd the lerhal dose pill ect ends up on the hook as well as the person on the top of the chain that produced it. There is a ton of xanax and fent in canada...I guess bc importation of things from china get less scrutiny than stuff coming into a US port.

There is still tons of fake xans going around here. And it always has the same story "yea my boy knows a guy who robbed a pharmacy and that's how I have a thousand pfizer 2mg bars that are way too thin and look dusty and not shiny...."

II never buy the Pfizer ones just because they are so common now everyone is getting into this raxket.

There was a really big bust in Canada which brought down a vendor who was swimming in bars, fakes, but they had a purported dose of 3 to 4mg

Never had myself, but have had copies that seemed to work fine.

I'm half tempted to buy a gram of the powder and dose a bunch of pez or something.

I'm half tempted to buy a gram of the powder and dose a bunch of pez or something.

No doubt if you have a good connect for a tested alprazolam powder that would be a sweet and cheap way to support your habit.

The bulk powder is much less than any bars illegally obtained especially after its recent rise in popularity.

Plus atleast then you know your not gettin fent bars..

I imagine having thousands of doses of xanax would be a quick way to become extremely addicted tho,
dosing would be vital as well considering it's 1 to 2 milligrams an doses much to small to eye ball.

I'd even say impossible to handle safely/accurately without a very sensitive scale or liquid dilution.

what the fuck???

first dangerous chems in MDMA/XTC, then LSD tabs and now fucking xanax?

i pray to god everynight pot dealers don't get the bright idea to mix synth noids in regular bud.

what does this mean for xanax users on the street? am i to get a test kit to test for fent now?? FFS

That's a good point about the fent getting mixed in on somebody's pill press, that honestly makes a lot more sense than trying to fake alprazolam with fentanyl.

There is still tons of fake xans going around here. And it always has the same story "yea my boy knows a guy who robbed a pharmacy and that's how I have a thousand pfizer 2mg bars that are way too thin and look dusty and not shiny...."

I used to buy bars from a kid that always had 100s on hand, but this was like 6-7 years ago, and they were legit (I ate a lot of them), I always wondered where he got them...

i pray to god everynight pot dealers don't get the bright idea to mix synth noids in regular bud.

Over in EADD people talk about this like it's normal. I guess it's a euro thing?