• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fake norcos?

Billard

Bluelighter
Hey all, been awhile since i been on here... Pretty much when i stopped smoking bud and taking X a few years back i completely stepped away from the whole scene, still sober!! Anyways i need some advice and knew this would be the best place to check.

My GF dad takes norcos (which i just found out) and said he usually takes the watson but he got the generics this time that say M367 on them, he is laid up real sick and is wondering if they could be fake norcos, is there anyway to test for hydrocodone in a pill? Any regeant that would work or any field test? He asked me to see if i could find a way to test, he does not want to send to ecstasydata (which i suggested), thanks in advance!

If they are scriped, they were filled somewhere,right? The folks that filled it could/should be able to answer the basics. Outside a lab, I am not sure what test kit would be used off hand.

Someone should follow up with what answer I couldn't provide.

Side note. Depending on who you ask, people have opinions on the difference between name brand and generic. Technically, the FDA regulates that stuff saying the active chemical must be the same for both. Depending the substance, I even think certain medications vary between name brand and generic, but this may be simply a placebo effect.

Another thing to consider is the different binders and fillers used in the name brand vs the generic.

Strictly my opinion, but I have been in this situation before and afa hydrocodone products, I did not notice a difference. Other medications I felt were noticable.
In that example, I was only using prescribed medication.

Some others will weigh in on this.. If they were obtained through a script, I'd question the place you filled them.

Yes they were filled at the same place he always fills them, he is prescribed them each month and he was worried the pharmacy might have got bad pills.

I told him do not worry about fentanyl (cause he was googling online counterfeit pills) since he got them directly from the pharmacy but he is still sick today and has not took one since, i told him different brands have different inactive ingredients in them and that is prob what happened, his body just does not agree with this brand and i also told him it is possible that you are so use to watson brand that taking these other ones is psyching you out or they may have less hydro in them and he is in mild withdrawl, he said he never withdrawn before and has got watson brand since day 1, it is also possible he just got sick and it is not from the meds which he is starting to think now...

I just wanted to know if a on the spot test kit exsists (like for X) (marquis and mecke for instince) so i can test them in front of him and show him they are indeed hydrocodone, after all he got them from the pharmacy so i know they are hydros, they just more than likely ran out of watson brand but they did not tell him and he did not notice it untill he took one and said it was bigger and got stuck in his throat.

He tried taking them back but no go on that, guess he is stuck with them this month..

Though, a urine test would prove opioids, and not a "fake pill ". Rudimentary, yet effective A simple urine test; if he's positive for opioids/codiene derivitaes, even hydromorphone (the simple test don't distuing ) then, viola, they are "real@, although speedkink has a point with diff merent (a lot of typos!) generics, think this is simply someone getting ill by coincidence, and blaming it on a generic they are unfamiliar with

A lab is the best, y yeah

Well, he would test positive cause he was taking the watsons (for a long time) up to 2 days ago so that would not work, at this point we think he just got sick by coincidence or the binder in these other pills...

I am going to possibly bite the bullet and grind half the pill up and send it to edata in a capsule to save money and say i bought it as mdma at a party or something but it made people sick cause he wants to know if they are hydro before taking anymore (i assured him they were real seeing how i seen the bottle and label), kind of turned into a bigger deal than it needed to be in my opinion but he insists these get tested still, (shrugs)..

If anybody knows of any on the spot test to detect hydrocodone, let me know, sorry for all the filler (no pun intended) but i really just wanted to know if that exist, thanks!

I cant edit my comment because I'm stupid (and haven't been on here in YEARS! I was on here last with a desktop using Windows XP ?).

Anyway, if it was laced with fentanyl, he would be sick sick... like... overdose sick. If hes still coherent & of sound mind enough to refuse to take anymore, then that's why I'm saying it's either a virus or food poisoning.

Also, I see it's not YOUR dad... but your GF's dad... either way, I hope he gets better! It sucks to see your daddy sick, especially if you cant do nothing to help ? (yes, I'm a daddy's girl lol).

Sorry admins, I'm dumb and cant edit my comment above. I'll figure out this place once again...

He's pissed after 1 day is what your telling me?

The hydrocodone should spark the test itself, I can't go any further than that

Abd don't send it to a lab and lie ti them, that's how shit gets started; a drug test is still the most simple, it should cross-react with hydrocodone istaelf, or it would be of little use