• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

factors that change the effects of speed

ki high

Greenlighter
hi, i have heard that coffee can kill a speed high which sounds counterintuitive as they are both stimulants, is there any truth in this? is there anything that can lower the affects of speed as it would put a downer on a good night and I wouldn't want to destroy a high, and more importantly is there any safe ways to increase the effectiveness of the drug? as i can sometimes take a reasonable amount of decent speed and feel hardly anything which kinda sucks? thanks.

coffee never affected dextroamphetamine, bupropion, or methylphenidate any of the times I took them. I think someone gave you some misinformation. N acetyl l tyrosine will increase the effectiveness. It is a precursor for dopamine and increase the amount of dopamine that will be available for the methamphetamine to release. Think of like gas for a car. This well help you feel a reasonable amount. You can try taking adrafinil or modafinil. They are dopamine reuptake inhibitor and d2 partial agonists both of which will greatly potentiate the effects. There are enzyme inhibitors you could look into. Such as cimetidine, yohimbine, and grapefruit juice.

Abilify too is a great potentiator for amphetamines as it is a d2 partial agonists, and will block dopamine's full agonist activity at the d2 autoreceptor, preventing it from blocking dopamine release from the presynaptic neuron. I would highly recommend this.

Eating anything acidic ruins the absortion of amphetamines. Most drugs are absorbed more efficiently if you have a less acidic stomach. So avoid acidic foods like coffee, soda, popcorn, alcohol and meats if you really wanna get the most out of the drug. However coffee is also stimulating, and a lot of people use caffeine to increase the effectiveness of amps when they need to conserve. So to answer your question coffee does take away from the speed buzz and lowers the absorbtion of speed, but the stimulant effects of caffeine make it worth drinking anyway for some people. But if speed is easily accessable to you, then I would say to avoid coffee and just take more speed if you feel its not working enough. And if you really do need to conserve I would reccomend caffeine pills over coffee, as the coffee will cause a greater increase in the acidity of your stomach.
Taking an antacid, like Tums or even baking soda, will decrease the acidity (increase the pH) of your stomach, and thus increase the bioavailability/effectiveness of the drug. If you are trying to increase the effectiveness without needing to take tums or baking soda, then try eating more alkaline foods such as nuts, fruits and vegetables.

I was going to mention the acidic thing, but I assumed he was talking about methamphetamine. woops.

Hchemist is right. Tums or baking soda before you take any amphetamine. Caffeine pills are preferable too, because coffee is a diuretic and will increase elimination of the amphetamine.