• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Face Numbness / Trigeminal Neuralgia

@dalpat077 linked an article for Bells Palsy which is not Trigeminal Neuralgia. Completely different condition.

Best advice for TN is surgery or there are drugs like Tegretol which is Carbamazepine, Gabapentin, Dilantin and a few others.

A warm flannel held up to your temple should help. Taking a warm bath or shower too.

It does suck but there are meds for it which your drs should have discussed with you.

In dalpat's defence, trigeminal neuralgia does sound like bell's palsy. It's easy to confuse the two. I do it all the time.

Different doctors mentioned various medications. I think there were six options on the table at one point that covered cluster headaches and trigeminal. I have tried three of them - I think - and I hated all of them. The side effects are nasty. I really don't like to medicate outside of recreation.

The trigeminal headache is still going. Over 24 hours now, coming and going. It's peaking while I'm typing this. I go to sleep with it and I wake up with it. Three days is the longest it's ever lasted. I'm going to make a tincture tonight. Hopefully that will help. I might try to apply it topically, directly to my temple.

@dalpat077 linked an article for Bells Palsy which is not Trigeminal Neuralgia. Completely different condition.

Best advice for TN is surgery or there are drugs like Tegretol which is Carbamazepine, Gabapentin, Dilantin and a few others.

A warm flannel held up to your temple should help. Taking a warm bath or shower too.

It does suck but there are meds for it which your drs should have discussed with you.
You're too clever and/or too well educated for your own good! Probably saved quite a few lives over here from Dr. Fentanyl though! :ROFLMAO:

I'd never heard of this TN until yesterday. Had to look it up. In my defense: I did note for @birdup not to panic about my diagnosis! :ROFLMAO: But Bells Palsy is exactly what these two people to whom I was referring had. And Prednisone was the ticket in both cases.

Probably saved quite a few lives over here from Dr. Fentanyl though!
Fentanyl is rarely the answer. It’s something that Drs have as a trick up their sleeves. It’s not to be used willy nilly.

The last thing I’d be advising anyone to take is fentanyl.

You are correct a course of steroids is good call for Bells Palsy.

So what happens now with this fucking plant?

Bearing in mind this is where your RSO may be coming from! :ROFLMAO: And I just realized I'm getting confused between this thread and your "Anal Weed" thread. No wonder nobody got the reference to this plant and my methanol in my earlier post on this!

vi1uhTl.jpg

Last edited:
You are correct a course of steroids is good call for Bells Palsy.
What I'd like to know is how come Prednisone works. Even in animals (dogs). I mean: it's almost like a miracle pharmaceutical to me in that it's used for a number of ailments and conditions (usually neurological seems to me) and works so quickly and effectively yet it's dirt cheap and nobody bats an eyelid when it comes to writing a prescription for it. It's fascinated me for years. But alright: it's not a rabbit hole I've gone too far down to figure out.

What I'd like to know is how come Prednisone works. Even in animals (dogs). I mean: it's almost like a miracle pharmaceutical to me in that it's used for a number of ailments and conditions (usually neurological seems to me) and works so quickly and effectively yet it's dirt cheap and nobody bats an eyelid when it comes to writing a prescription for it. It's fascinated me for years. But alright: it's not a rabbit hole I've gone too far down to figure out.
Preds works but it has a lot of side effects. It’s not something everyone can tolerate easily and it’s not a drug a Dr would be prescribing unless there was a good reason.

Preds works but it has a lot of side effects.
No shit. Not least of which are mood swings, weight gain, and gastrointestinal shit. It's a false economy as there's other shit that is supposed to be taken with the stuff and it costs more than illicit narcotics! People are at least quiet on Fentany (and weed evidently)l! :ROFLMAO:

I have trigeminal neuralgia and i take morphine and gabapentin and also smoke weed for it. The best medication i found for it is ketamine its the only drug that kills the pain instantly.

I have trigeminal neuralgia and i take morphine and gabapentin and also smoke weed for it. The best medication i found for it is ketamine its the only drug that kills the pain instantly.
Omg! you probably don’t remember but we spoke about this ages ago

the fucking suicide disease ☠️☠️☠️
🦋trigeminal neuralgia 🦋 the gift that keeps on giving

I am on the lookout constantly for special k it works that well!
Nitrous too when I’m at my wits end it can help me get through extreme pain flares
I have tried everything current med list is long and nothing works 100 percent

it’s a source of depression and quality of life is greatly affected
I also have numbness, weird pins and needles in my chin around my mouth and a cold like toothpaste was rubbed on my lips sensation that drs just are clueless about

weird disease

About an hour after I woke up this morning, my lip went numb then it spread across the right side of my face. This has happened once before, a couple of years ago. I went to the ER last time it happened but - after waiting in line for hours - the numbness was gone by the time I saw a doctor. They couldn't tell me what happened.

Today, it started in exactly the same spot, on the right side of my mouth. I assume it will clear up in a couple of hours.

Any idea what could cause this?
comment on my god damn posts.

Omg! you probably don’t remember but we spoke about this ages ago

the fucking suicide disease ☠️☠️☠️
🦋trigeminal neuralgia 🦋 the gift that keeps on giving

I am on the lookout constantly for special k it works that well!
Nitrous too when I’m at my wits end it can help me get through extreme pain flares
I have tried everything current med list is long and nothing works 100 percent

it’s a source of depression and quality of life is greatly affected
I also have numbness, weird pins and needles in my chin around my mouth and a cold like toothpaste was rubbed on my lips sensation that drs just are clueless about

weird disease

I cant remember you offhand sorry. I unfortunately cant get ketamine but i do find nitrous works as well and works really fast. Does your doctor give you any medication? I get morphine and clonazepam which also helps for TN. Think the zopiclone im on helps it to.

Nitrous, interesting.

I'm not going to touch K with a ten foot pole but nangs have never been an issue.

That is good to know.

paranoid android said:

I have found opiates to be ineffective but I haven't tried morphine.

Are you talking about oxy?

I cant remember you offhand sorry. I unfortunately cant get ketamine but i do find nitrous works as well and works really fast. Does your doctor give you any medication? I get morphine and clonazepam which also helps for TN. Think the zopiclone im on helps it to.
It’s okay. I was on blue light very briefly and you were the only person I interacted with and then I forgot the site existed until I heard it’s name on a YouTube video lol.
I’m on oxycodone, baclofan, topamax
I want to just chop my head off today is a particularly bad day

I’m experimenting with kratom not really working well
today has just been one of those days that nothing is working
everything is burning

I still have a couple of brain cells bouncing around upstairs, I'll have you know!

I am a human calculator and I will destroy you in Scrabble. My intelligence is autistic. I'm great at certain things, but I have massive blind spots.

Interesting. I've been thinking about getting a medicinal cannabis prescription because traditional painkillers (including opiates) do fucking nothing.

Prednisone, you say?

Can you tell me more about the people you know who developed TN?

Are they under 50?
Do they take drugs?

I am pretty convinced that meth caused my neurological disorder, but there isn't a lot of research done on the subject.

It first happened when I was using meth. I smoked a big rock and immediately had my first attack of TN.
Hi I was wondering what symbols you have with your neurological disorder?

Localised pain in my right temple that is unlike any other pain I have experienced. The first time it happened, it freaked me out. I thought I was having a stroke or something. It's hard to describe because it's so alien. Attacks last for a long time. It comes and goes in waves, but it is relentless. The words I use to describe the sensation in my temple are typically "burning" and "pressure". It feels like something hot is being pushed into my temple, sort of. There are other sensations that stretch out across the right side of my face and up onto my scalp.

@jane douloureux
@paranoid android

What was your drug use like before you developed TN?

Did you guys smoke (or inject) meth?

I thought I was having a stroke or something.
So you've already thought about this and researched it I'm guessing? For not very important reasons I spent a good deal of time yesterday reading up on all sorts of shit that can lead to numbness and perceived loss of coordination and/or loss of motor control or general weakness on one side of the body. It's a veritable shit show the number of things that can lead to these types of symptoms. "Mini-strokes" being one of them. And some other fucking frightening and permanent shit. Reading about all of this shit is enough to give somebody a stroke! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I've had 3 cranial MRI scans to rule out MS / TIA. Three or four doctors have suggested I have TN including a neurosurgeon that charged me $400 for his opinion. I've been in denial for a long time, I think. The fact that I didn't make the connection between the numbness and the other symptoms makes me suspect I've been burying my head in the sand... but, then again, I have been drunk or on drugs (or both) more often than not. As I'm sure you can tell from observing other BL members, it's pretty hard to think straight when you're off your tits. I have learnt how to compose myself, somewhat, after years of addiction. Now, I can easily get extremely fucked up and have a conversation with a cactus policeman.

Nitrous, interesting.

I'm not going to touch K with a ten foot pole but nangs have never been an issue.

That is good to know.

I have found opiates to be ineffective but I haven't tried morphine.

Are you talking about oxy?
Why wouldnt you try K? I find it to be about the most gentle drug out there. To gentle really. Nitrous works right away for the pain but isnt as good as K for me anyway.

I was on Oxy for abit but found it largely ineffective for the pain of TN. Fentanyl was the best opioid for my TN by far but my insurance doesent cover it and i can;t afford it.. \which sucks cause it's a pretty good painkiller