Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Extracting dexamphetamine from water

catching fish

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

I had about a bunch of crushed up dex pills (which contained about 150 mg of dex and a shitload of filler).

I read that the fillers etc can be removed by simply dissolving in a small amount of water and filtering through a coffee filter so I did that.

I now have a about an 8th of a glass of water containing the dex. I am aware that a lot probably got lost during the filtering but that is no bother.

My question is what would the fastest method of removing the water to be left with relatively pure crystals (doesnt have to be 100%).

It isn't really practical for me to wait days and days for it to evaporate.

Would it be possible to simmer/boil off the water? Or would this cause the dex to be destroyed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to work out what to do so I am left with a solid final product without destroying all the dex.

Thank you in advance.

wont wont get "crystal dex" from dissolving your dexies into water and evaping the water.put your solution into a pyrex dish and pklace it into a water bath if your lucky youll have lefo over dexamphtmine left in the dish by the time its dry enough to use

Who the fuck told you that would work? seriously man there is no reason to do what you did. Dexies dont have any other active ingredients, so you just need to eat them.

It is also imperative to mention than you should not inject whatever solution you have there.
Those tablets are largely chalk (I assume) and binding agents.
Injecting pills very dangerous unless you are using a micron filter designed for that purpose. Coffee filters are much more porous and will let all kinds of things through that should not be injected.

Just eat them, please.

Who the fuck told you that would work? seriously man there is no reason to do what you did. Dexies dont have any other active ingredients, so you just need to eat them.

Whoa dude. Why are you acting like I just had coitus with your wife.

This back story is this: I have ADD and am prescribed dexies (200 x 5mg every three weeks). Gave a bunch to a friend for law exams. He returned however many left overs he had to me which happened to be in a pulverised powder. I created this thread.

By the way I'm not going to IV them or anything. I just figured that since it was no longer in pill form and I couldn't measure out and accurate dose I would try to extract them.

I will try and evaporate them, but if it fails then that is fine. Lesson learnt and nothing of value was lost.

By the way I'm not going to IV them or anything. I just figured that since it was no longer in pill form and I couldn't measure out and accurate dose I would try to extract them.
cool, it's just usually where people are going with these sorts of questions - ie ways to inject extractions etc - so it's always worth mentioning.
if you wanted to attempt to dose powder with any kind of accuracy, could you not simply weigh a single tablet (that has not been crushed) - or whatever your standard dose is - and use that as a guide?
it is obviously hard to speculate on how much evenly spread the dex is amongst all of the other stuff in the tablets. 5 mg is a pretty small amount in comparison to the bulk of a dexie.
if your friend had crushed them in order to snort (?) them, i would advise against that too. the ratio of active to non-active ingredient in dexamphetamine pills is pretty massive, and a lot of the non active pill mass can end up deposited in your lungs, which isn't exactly healthy or advisable.

anyway, my initial concerns about what this thread was asking were incorrect, which is good.
i don't know how you'd go about dosing any extracted materials now, though...

Last edited:
That's what I'd do, weigh a pill and use that as a guide per dose/weight of powder, could even cap it up though not necessary.

The extraction idea is definitely one of a manic add mind :p

Wish I had a dex prescription!

anyway, my initial concerns about what this thread was asking were incorrect, which is good.
i don't know how you'd go about dosing any extracted materials now, though...

it really depends on what size filter is used in the end. a .1 is going to be better than a .22 than a .5mm filter is going to be. should always be a somewhat crude cotton filter through a cig filter or what have you beforehand.

Man I love how you can just say "if the 150mg worth of dex are lost, then nothing of value has been wasted and a lesson's been learned" you have no idea how much 150mg of dex would be worth to someone without a prescription.....

That's what I'd do, weigh a pill and use that as a guide per dose/weight of powder, could even cap it up though not necessary.

The extraction idea is definitely one of a manic add mind :p

Wish I had a dex prescription!

I was thinking that but then I thought that the 5mg of active ingredient would no longer be evenly distributed even if was to isolate the correct weight of powder.

Man I love how you can just say "if the 150mg worth of dex are lost, then nothing of value has been wasted and a lesson's been learned" you have no idea how much 150mg of dex would be worth to someone without a prescription.....

I guess I just take it for granted now. I really like dex. I was only diagnosed a year ago at 22 years old and fuck it really is a wonder drug. I'm an absolute machine at work. I can easily work 8 hours straight only stopping for a smoke breaks. Dealing with huge and complex data files is almost fun when I consider how much I used to hate that shit before.

Plus (very occasionally) it can help supplement a night out with friends. I know that is very irresponsible, morally wrong and is nothing short of abusing my prescription but when one has unlimited supply of pharmaceutical speed that is what happens.

However dex does have its downsides. After a long day of dex at work I often find myself falling back on a Xanax bar to help relax and avoid the sort of burnt out feeling, and Xanax is something I am really wary of using a frequently. I can't really work very well without my dex though, especially after realising how it has truly unlocked my potential.

If anyone has any questions about dex, Ritalin or ADD in general I would be more than happy to answer.

I have a prescription for dex and take them responsibly, I take breaks from them at times so I end up with a fair few spare, I once tried filtering the dex out without luck.

not exactly sure what you were hoping to achieve (pure crystals?? lol)

Anyway, I've always found the best way to remove any (large) amount of water without using heat is to simply use a desiccant.. Place a shitload of desiccant in a Tupperware container, make sure it's not in direct contact, then seal it and leave for however long it takes :)

not exactly sure what you were hoping to achieve (pure crystals?? lol)

That was the idea. I mean if the dex was dissolved in the water and the other shit was filteref then I don't know what else the final product would look like if the water was gone. Then again I'm not exactly Stephen Hawking.

Hey catching fish,

How much dexamphetamine are you prescribed per day?

Ive always thought about doin this for the purpose of exracting to D.amp. for IV then I was told it was not worth it and dex. is a shit drug for IV.. now I dont even like dexies lol

That was the idea. I mean if the dex was dissolved in the water and the other shit was filteref then I don't know what else the final product would look like if the water was gone. Then again I'm not exactly Stephen Hawking.

well atleast you got that right :p for a drug to enter crystal form it has to go through a process of crystallization.where you planing on smoking this final product?if so it would have to be converted to a freebase form to be able to smoke it.do a lil research buddy it might save your life one day :)

Steady on, man. Cat's just asking a question.
One the OP was realistic enough about from the start.
It would be cool if people read the entire thread before coming on all condescending...

Jakeperson, when you remove all the crap an left with a decent ammount of pure dex, wow hits hard.

if you want to use for lines. go ask your doc about getting your dex in a cap. there are a two maybe chemists in perth that make these up. they import the pure dexamphet and then mix up with a celulos (fibre, i asked on first pickup) in a capsual. i did have these made up for me for a while, bout 4 years ago, process may have changed. one cap was 60mg dexamphet power and how ever much celulos to go with. im not exactly how this works, but both ingrediants had a pure white powder appearance, i can only presume they utilize the stomach acid to bind everything together thus not absorbing in the stomach and waiting untill intestine to scrap break down and absorb. that said if anyone can add anything more about that i would be keen to know the truth. back on topic, these were probally the best lines anyone could hope for. how ever all the celulos you snort ends up horrible boogers, should you do allot. one cap between 4 ppl. wasnt a very big line. but was like you just lined 4 dexies at once. shouted loads of mates an everyone was very impressed. Much easier than having to crush those little tiny balls you get in Ridalin caps and dextroamphetamine extended release 30 mg (work trip to usa,http://www.drugs.com/imprints/m-amphet-salts-30-mg-15896.html) for the record yes its very easy to get your script filled/re-isshued in america, but your going to need a crash cart to get your heart going when you get to the chemist. crack is cheaper.

When i was getting these caps i never comtemplated filtering them, but perhaps it might be easier than the chalk and glue

Few years back I played about with this a few times, purely for shits an giggles. The problem i found in the past was when it would dry out it would end up fairly goey. But i wasnt very "accurate" about my method's. i may have been a little excellerated from other substances. (12 month bender. wooops) feel free to half a laugh at my half wit attempt. when i recall im left with a funny expression on my face, wtf was i thinking. oh wait. thats the problem, i wasnt. nice :) an before pancho06 gets upset. yes i probally wasted about 400 d5 tablets. BUT THATS SCIENCE ;) lol.

now remember i was just playing about.

First crust the dex. used a granite mortar an pestle, place 50-100 dexamphet inside, i'd cover the top with glad wrap, poke a hole in the centre so on so on, untill smooth powder consistancy. place into a glass then add mount franklin water, not sure of how much, i'd keep going untill it went from being a saturated solution.

for filtering one time i used a big syringe, about 40mm diameter, take the plunger all the way out. then cram cotton buds in the bottom and then coffee filter, i'd manipulate the buds and filter so i ended with a V shape coffee filter inside a U syringe. about 50-100mm of cotton buds to push the liquid thought. then pore the solution into the V well, insert plungers and filter. the reason for the V well was so the liquid wasnt simply pushed down the side passing the filter.

to dry i used a kitchen saucer with a strainer over the top to keep the dust off. well i tryed a few things, this is one i remember. took a few days to dry. i would always end up with the same goey mess, except an outta ring which would be a hard pure amphet, not crystal. crushed that an have as a line an you know about it. power ranger GO.

Now im unsure of how many micros i was filtering too. i never weighted up any of the solutions before or after filters, but that would give some indication of what was removed, and i never weighted the lines i got from. so i cant tell you the effectivness of what i did. besides it being effective in keeping me ammused while watching hot dogs late night game show.

from my understanding you cant use the solvent an accetone filter technique.

some of the things i wonder about is;

the binding agent, that be water soluable, if so how would that be remove/seperated, as i presumed that goey stuff i ended up with was mostly that.

If there some way of working out how fine a filter would be best to go down to. is chalk, when absorbed in solution, larger or finer than the dexamphet.

could this possibly require doing a few filter runs. if the size of the amphet in solution was removed at .25 micron. but the binding agent was finer and chalk coarser.

Would it be possible to use some solvent to cause the amphet to group thus allowing easy removal from the solution, then just drying out.

I'd be very thankful Junkie skumbag if you could work out a way of freebasing. i mainly just want to be able to compare the difference in effect between eat and smoke.

not sure if i've added anything useful here. probally just what not to do ;)

but thats science hey. oh wait. i know what i did wrong. no white lab coat.