• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

experimenting with tianeptine sulfate...experiences?

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
I have an extensive opioid and all around drug use history. I suffer from chronic pain and IBD. Recently looked into tianeptine sulfate to add to my regimen as another maintenance med for daily management of physical and mental symptoms (anxiety, depression due to pain etc)

Anyway, I'm finding doses from 25mg-150mg do nothing but make me feel stimulated, too much serotonin feeling, and really nauseas; kinda like tramadol without ANY positives lol.

I do use kratom daily, about an ounce a day in 2 doses for pain mgmt when I do not.have Rx medicine.

Could it be the combo of kratom and tianeptine?

Does anyone have any advice, experience or info regarding appropriate tianeptine sulfate use?

Is the sodium version really that different?

I would definitely advise not mixing tianeptine and kratom. May cause over stimulation, and it just seems like a bad idea since the two would be competing for the same opioid receptors. Sadly i do not have any experiences with this one since everything i had read about it makes me feel that it may be to "more-ish" for my more addictive side

I've combined kratom and Tianeptine with no issues.

It sounds like Tianeptine may not be for you if it's making you feel nauseous and overly stimulated.

Tianeptine is stimulating for me but it's usually a subtle stimulation unless I take too much (currently for me that would be doses over 200mg). High doses (300mg plus) can make me naseous.

It just sounds like your experiencing mostly side effects. It could be the combination of kratom and Tianeptine... Especially considering you are dosing pretty high with the kratom.

It made me feel good not like euphoric but like kinda chill. And also redose till i went through all of it in like 4 days. Not worth it imo. It didnt give anything all that remarkable other than a empty wallet and questionable safety at the doses i used

Is there any sort of consensus as to what would be an appropriate therapeutic dose range with tianeptine sulfate? I've read that 25mg is a good starting point for minimal effect... but I've also read that 40-60mg once in the morning works for some ppl. What would be generally considered "too high" a dose for depression maintenance? And are folks dosing sulfate once or twice daily? There's a lot of info on the sodium salt floating around but not so much on the sulfate, and my interest lies in using the sulfate for it's longer action and lower abuse potential (not to mention that it won't turn into glue after being exposed to air...). Any input, personal anecdotes, or links to info would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

I'm currently taking 100mg tianeptine sulfate ED and once a week I combine it with 5g of white kratom for an awesome experience when taking my dog to the park in the morning, makes me really enjoy the day and actually socializing with people. I suffer from mild depression and moderate social anxiety and 100mg tianeptine sulfate (along with an OTC supplement brain force plus) is enough to minimize my anxiety and keep me stimulated for 12-16 hours. I make sure to take it around 9am so by the time 1am comes around and it's time to go to sleep I'm able to... Tianeptine sodium (stablon) was too mild and short acting for my liking but sulfate appears to be very good @ 80-100mg range for me. I've been wanting to wean myself off of it to try Aurorix (moclobemide) for my social anxiety and depression to see if it would improve; apparently I'd purchased 300mg x 30 tabs about a decade ago but had forgotten about it until recently when I found them which peaked my interest again... Knowing I have tianeptine sulfate to fall back on really makes me want to try Aurorix to see how I react to this molecule.