• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

@andrewvolcom:

Gongrats for a nice job :).

Hope this will help the people struggling with the OPs.

Just One Thing

I have been an opiate addict since I was 18 and now am almost 50. I have seen many formulations come and go. Over the years we have seen anti abuse formulations for morphine, dilaudid to name a few. The thingI have found with these experiments is a huge variable, individual tolerance. We dont know how many hours since last dose, individuals tolerance and reliability. I have found that I usually don't have the time or patience for theses extractions. I got these new OP oxies about a week ago and have tried all posted techniques with varying results. I have to conclude that they all suck in varying degree. I will move on and start my push towards obtaining IRs. I was wounded in the military and suffer from major pain. I have had a liver transplant, kidney transplant, crushed L4-L5 vertabrae. crushed right testicle, diabetic, and on and on. I justdont have the patience anymore. I do give kudos for trying and I hope you success. I just from experience know the hayday is over. I will lay awake nights dreaming of a simple single step easy method. Till then I will just cry myself a sleep.

I am not convinced xylene is the absolut best option for hpmc extraction, but it's what
Andrew had so it's what was tried. Excellent job Andrew, I believe
ur experiment has gotten us on the right track. And remember that by removing the excipients instead of extracting the oxy from them, 100% yield is theoretically possible. Anyways, I believe
acetone was as a first step works for the peg400. Andrew and lamessia confirmed this experimentally. Secondly, I believe a non-polar organic solvent is the
logical second step. So two variables remain. Which second solvent, and extraction time.

And remember that by removing the excipients instead of extracting the oxy from them, 100% yield is theoretically possible. Anyways, I believe

Dissolving the oxy HCl in IPA after the most gunk is removed by acetone/xylene/whatever is not going to reduce the yield virtually at all. The oxy HCl is recovered by just evaporating the IPA.

Living, not exactly sure what ur trying to get at. If you've removed
the gunk, what would be the purpose of another extraction anyways. Also, are u saying oxy
hcl is completely soluble in ipa? If u are talking about just pouring alcohol on the remaining material and then letting dissolve then what possible purpose would that serve
exactly?

^Yes, oxy HCl is completely soluble in IPA. The 2nd extraction with IPA is to get rid of anything unnecessary that wasn't removed by the 1st extraction.

In 1st extraction you filter out the gunk dissolved in the non-polar solvent/acetone (and throw it awy) and collect the solid.

Then you perform the second extraction with IPA and filter out the solid (and throw it away) and collect the oxycodone HCl dissolved in IPA.

Then just evap. the IPA and you should get (relatively pure) oxy HCl crystals suitable for smoking or IVing.

^Yes, oxy HCl is completely soluble in IPA. The 2nd extraction with IPA is to get rid of anything unnecessary that wasn't removed by the 1st extraction.

In 1st extraction you filter out the gunk dissolved in the non-polar solvent/acetone (and throw it awy) and collect the solid.

Then you perform the second extraction with IPA and filter out the solid (and throw it away) and collect the oxycodone HCl dissolved in IPA.

Then just evap. the IPA and you should get (relatively pure) oxy HCl crystals suitable for smoking or IVing.

makes sense to me....can't wait to try it out.....which will probably be a very long time for me as I dont have a consistent oxy source.

Living, if oxy hcl is cometely soluble in ipa as u say, all u would need is a simple extraction using it and problem solved. It is that simple.

Have u seen the FDA PowerPoint presenation yet regarding
this reformilation?

Just want to say that in my research I found NOTHING
that would lead me to believe that oxy hcl is completely
soluble in ipa, but apparently living has.

Could u please post a link to wherever u found this solubility data? Much
thanks.

I haven't got a source. I'm assuming it's soluble to IPA because HCl salts of organic amines generally are very well soluble to IPA (e.g. cocaine HCl & methylphenidate HCL etc...).

I believe the OP already had a success using this method by reading the 1st post.

Well, i must admit that making a claim that oxy HCl is 100% soluble in IPA is misleading if i cannot back it up or haven't tried it myself, sorry for that.

I did read it, I tried that BECAUSE I read it on this post so I gave it a try. I was just posting my results of doing waht you guys had been doing.

Are you serious man? I've been saying this for TWO weeks now.. AND i posted this over THREE times in this thread. Couple of other guys picked up on it and have tried it.. all having great results. Did you just ignore it? or did you happen to not read it?

I agree with you. It definately seems like PUrdue doesnt want to show how easily these simple solvents can extract their oxycodone. Everyone here thinks Purdue made this thing that is chemical-extraction proof but its OBVIOUSLY not.... it is a worthwhile deterrent just from everything we've seen so far, but my guess is pretty soon we will find the perfect solvent and then ANYONE can extract it no problem. Its not rocket science, its about as hard as grilling a steak.

Jaystyle, good point. The Fda PowerPoint shows 2 out of 4 simple solvent having pretty
good results with physical manipulation and extended room temperature extraction. Plus the fact that the scraping technique being discussed here (pedegg or foot file) created ALOT more surface area than purdue's milling technique. Also jaystyle, notice that simple solvent 3 is missing from the moderate extraction slide, and in the simple extraction slides solvent 3 had the best results. Not by much, but still the best. Now, what would be the reason for doing that? Only thing I
could come up with is it didn't helps to make their abuse resistant claim so they deleted it.

Im working with 10mg OP's. Experimenting with acetone. Thoughts: Would a small amount of everclear added to the final solution help evaporate away any remaining acetone residue? Im going to try a few different methods. I will post any USEFUL information here.

Heres a question: what about plugging the gel?

we don't need another thread about this so i'm merging. i think the 29999999786658743685734 threads on this new topic is getting exhaustive.

Hi-

I was wondering if anyone one of you chemist people might be able to add to this idea and why it does not work?

A. I know for a the Kitchen Aid shredder used for slicing and dicing works great to break OP into powder.. very easy to do.

B. I like the concept of the teabag idea and will be trying it soon. Best I have heard the whole microwave idea is shit as far as I can tell

C. In the meantime what I have been doing is getting my OP into pure powder using the slicer machine.. cant imagine a better way to get it into fine powder with so little work.

D. What I have been doing is taking the powder and take a capsule that u can by at any Vitamin store and empty the capsule..

Then I just fill it with the powder.. I cant really tell if its working or not.. I do know that it still does not allow the big fast high we all use to enjoy by crushing a OC 80

I was just thinking if adding it in a capsule might allow it to digest to a point in the body where the capsule gets melted by the acid in your stomach..'''

Anyone think the binding would still take place if the pills last to that end of the process in your body of digestion by the acid...

I am not a chemist or not much of a scientist but if anyone could right back why this process would not work please do..

I am going to try the teabag effect later tonight,

ST. price for these things are up to 60.00 per but the OP are at 25.00
someome please explain why my method would not work'

Thank you,
PW

Hi-

I was wondering if anyone one of you chemist people might be able to add to this idea and why it does not work?

A. I know for a the Kitchen Aid shredder used for slicing and dicing works great to break OP into powder.. very easy to do.

B. I like the concept of the teabag idea and will be trying it soon. Best I have heard the whole microwave idea is shit as far as I can tell

C. In the meantime what I have been doing is getting my OP into pure powder using the slicer machine.. cant imagine a better way to get it into fine powder with so little work.

D. What I have been doing is taking the powder and take a capsule that u can by at any Vitamin store and empty the capsule..

Then I just fill it with the powder.. I cant really tell if its working or not.. I do know that it still does not allow the big fast high we all use to enjoy by crushing a OC 80

I was just thinking if adding it in a capsule might allow it to digest to a point in the body where the capsule gets melted by the acid in your stomach..'''

Anyone think the binding would still take place if the pills last to that end of the process in your body of digestion by the acid...

I am not a chemist or not much of a scientist but if anyone could right back why this process would not work please do..

I am going to try the teabag effect later tonight,

ST. price for these things are up to 60.00 per but the OP are at 25.00
someome please explain why my method would not work'

Thank you,
PW

i soaked mine in soda over night. woke up wiped off the slim with a paper towel then put it back in while i took a show about 10 min then i took it back out and repeated then i dried on some foil then started peeling off the gel as much i could then broke it up with big knife into small pieces then sucked on it under my tongue i was fucked up and it was one op 40 and i normally snort oc 40 so it worked enough for me :)

i done an experiment not too long ago with a 40 mg oxy.I finely powderizer a 40 with a razor blade poured some sprite in a cup i also had three jolly ranchers that i crushed with a hammer sealed in two bags than poured the crushed ranchers into the sprite added the oxy stirred than dranked it up got super fucked and loved the way the drink tasted. with percs just do a cwe than do the rest of the instructions this works with codeine too but with the codeine i add diphenhydramine and 0.5 mg of clonazepam. i even tried extracting percs and t3's with the sprite its self and worked like a charm it has never steered me wrong.

Last edited:
So one of the next things im gonna try to do is this......

1. Instead of using IPA as a second solvent to the remaining "dried oxy powder", i am going to use butane similar to extracking TCh from Cannibis trims. This should technically leave me with a solution roughly 100% polymer free oxy.....

I am only gonna try this due to the fact that i have a lot of the finished powder, i have still seen a small amount of gelling when snorted.....ill let u know on my findings. Again the stuff i have right now works when snorting or chewing, but i want it 100% free of any polymer....... ugh i hate being OCD... night and be safe