• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

Sounds pretty dangerous to IV that, and there's got to be considerable loss of product.

While everybody is searching for a way to defeat the new OP formulation , my friends and I have perfected the most simple and quickest way to break them down to nothing but the good stuff. You can snort, bang, eat it, drink it, just take your pick of how you want to do it with this very simple process. If you can follow directions, even a moron can do this! I have done a couple of hundred doing these easy steps which take about 10 to 12 minuites start to finish.

1.) Wet it for 5 seconds, then rub the pill hard and quickly to dry it off.

2.) File it down however you can to a fine powder. I use a ped egg.

3.) Spread it out thin on a heat resistant plate or glass baking dish.

4.) Put it in a TOASTER OVEN, not a microwave, on broil at 450 degrees on the top rack for 5 to 6 minuites, depending on the oven brand. You want to take it out when it turns french fry golden brown. If it is just a tad darker it is still ok.

5.) Put it in the freezer, or in front of a fan, or in front of an Air Condiditioner, or let it cool off at room temperature.

6.) Scrape it up with a razor blade and do it however you want. ( IV users heat it in a spoon with water untill a white milky haze hazes over the top, then draw it up.

THER IS NO QUICKER OR BETTER METHOD THAN THIS!!! Good luck and enjoy!!!

" While everybody is searching for a way to defeat the new OP formulation , my friends and I have perfected the most simple and quickest way to break them down to nothing but the good stuff. You can snort, bang, eat it, drink it, just take your pick of how you want to do it with this very simple process. If you can follow directions, even a moron can do this! I have done a couple of hundred doing these easy steps which take about 10 to 12 minuites start to finish.

1.) Wet it for 5 seconds, then rub the pill hard and quickly to dry it off.

2.) File it down however you can to a fine powder. I use a ped egg.

3.) Spread it out thin on a heat resistant plate or glass baking dish.

4.) Put it in a TOASTER OVEN, not a microwave, on broil at 450 degrees on the top rack for 5 to 6 minuites, depending on the oven brand. You want to take it out when it turns french fry golden brown. If it is just a tad darker it is still ok.

5.) Put it in the freezer, or in front of a fan, or in front of an Air Condiditioner, or let it cool off at room temperature.

6.) Scrape it up with a razor blade and do it however you want. ( IV users heat it in a spoon with water untill a white milky haze hazes over the top, then draw it up.

THER IS NO QUICKER OR BETTER METHOD THAN THIS!!! Good luck and enjoy!!!"

Not sure if you read my post or not but the methods are basically the same. the concept is to get a fine powder and heat it til it turns golden brown (to break the polymer chains) then freezing to harden back to a usable form( which also possibly rearranges the polymers so they effectively can't form long chains, but I'm no chemist so I'm not really sure

screw microwaves

Ok tell me if I’m crazy but…
I think there is another way... I hope a better less loss way. Why is everyone trying to extract the Oxycodone from the binder in the soluble fraction? Why not use a solvent that Oxycodone is NOT soluble in but all the other junk is? This would free the oxycodone from the polymer and allow the polymers to be removed.
The BHT and PEO should be readily soluble in non polar organic solvents while Oxycodone should be relatively insoluble in these solvents. Note: PEG400 (which some have said contributes to the gel) should be slightly soluble in the organic solvent (but partition coeff hexane-H2O is 0.000015 wiki) but regardless I am certain that PEG400 is not a problem with gelling because I use PEG400 occasionally for molecular biology when dealing with nucleic acids and keep a 30% v/v PEG400 solution filter sterilized on my bench and it is not a gel and now that I think of it the pure stuff is not gelatinous either. EDIT: It might make it harder to draw the liquid into the syringe which is undesirable.

EDIT: The hypromellose is problematic here as it surely isn’t readily soluble in organic solvents according to the internet and is soluble in water so I think it would take multiple steps to remove this but the goal here is to get an injectable solution so I’m just gonna test it to see. also ether may dissolve enough of the hypromellose to make this worth it but it removed 2% of the oxycodone but if done 3 times and it works it would only remove a small amount.
The magnesium stearate and TiO2 everyone is used to and is slightly soluble or insoluble in water depending on where you look so after de-fatting a filter would make quick work of these or better yet a micron filter.
I am going to try this asap this is a very serious issue. I experienced the torture of these pills yesterday and I have been haunted ever since. My goal is to find a way to relatively safely slam these I don’t care about any other ROA’s.
-Remove pill coating
-shave pill into "powder"
-use de-fatting procedure (I am going to use freshly distilled hexane and diethyl ether and compare the results, these two should provide a good range of polarities to see what type of solvent is generally best)
More detail if it works
-The Oxycodone should be left in the insoluble fraction rather than having to be dissolved. This would allow me to perform multiple extractions in quick succession and discard the supernatant each time until the resulting powder is defatted properly (usually protocols call for 3 extractions). Then whatever is left over after de-fatting would be dissolved in H2O and pushed through a micron filter and injected.
Any ideas would be appreciated so I don’t waste my time and $$….I don’t know of any quantitative biochemical assays for Oxycodone that I could easily perform at home but I will certainly test the powders and de-fatting solvents with mandelin reagent, marquis reagent, nitric acid, and mecke resagent to attempt to quantify the separation.
Unfortunately I think cane2theleft is rite and I bet Perdue spent enough money to send a guy like me on a wild goose chase to find a good method of obtaining an injectable product from OP’s but all I know is this needs to be solved ASAP and we all know abuse of Oxycodone has to be a huge portion of their sales and I am hoping there is a conspiracy and this is easy someone just has to figure it out.

Last edited:
Injection

oh and btw yesterday I ground up the 60mg OP as best I could... probably 100 pieces or so and dissolved it in 1mL cold tap water and shook it up and vortexed it for about 1 hour. Then using an 18 gauge needle I sucked up the solution (it took forever) into a 3mL syringe then I pushed this gelatinous material through a 0.2um filter into a sterile 1.5mL screw cap tube then sucked this THICK CLEAR intensely bitter solution (0.8mL) into a 31 gauge 1mL syringe (took forever!) then I proceeded to inject the solution which was quite hard to do because I had to use a large amount of force on the plunger and keep it in place. It took about 1 minute to inject 0.8mL (non turniquited left Median cubital vein). No pain at the injection site or adverse effects. I usually need to inject over 80mg to feel anything at all so I’m not surprised I didn’t feel much of anything from that but I then kept washing fluid thru the micron filter and created an emulsion out of the remaining pill material and held this under my tongue until it was completely dissolved. I then took another 60mg pill and cut it to pieces and swallowed that and then drank 10 poppy pods as tea and I got high but I felt like I got jipped and it was a lot of work and heart ache to get a nice injectable solution. But the red dye was removed by the micron filter which surprised me.

^If I understand correctly, the solution you injected was so thick you had to use considerable force just to expel it from the syringe? This does not sound anything remotely resembling a safe way to use this.

The Coca-Cola method is working great for me, fellas. I grind it up as fine as possible, put the powder in a shot glass, and fill 2/3 up with coke. I nuke it for 22 secs, stir with a bobby pin till it's room temp, nuke for 10 more secs, stir. Let sit for about 30 mins, then drink.

So far, I've been very happy with the results, and even seems to potentiate the oc a bit. I'm sure this could be placebo, but this is my own best recommendation. Hope it helps!

Why is everyone trying to extract the Oxycodone from the binder in the soluble fraction?

Not everyone. Look for postings by justtesting.
Why not use a solvent that Oxycodone is NOT soluble in but all the other junk is?
There is no solvent that would dissolve "all the other junk", but you don't need to.
This would free the oxycodone from the polymer and allow the polymers to be removed.
Afraid not. The PEO chosen by Purdue has a molecular weight in the millions. This is an extremely long molecule. maybe 15,000 times the size of size of an oxycodone molecule. Picture a piece of wrapping paper a block long and a marble. Picture thousands of each. Picture the wrapping paper crumpling around the marbles. That is what the mechanics of the delayed release process consist of. Until the PEO is hydrated, there is no possibility of the oxycodone escaping. When the PEO is dissolved, it mixes with your other digestive system contents, is degraded by the digestive process (probably specific digestive enzymes) and and the oxycodone has a chance to make its way out of the maze of degraded PEO particles by diffusion. Until the PEO molecules are degraded, much of the oxycodone will remain trapped.

So you need two things: one is the ability to dissolve the PEO without hydrating it (which turns on the extended release mechanism, causing it to gel), and the other is the ability to release the oxycodone from it's PEO "jail".

There are a number of ways to degrade PEO. One is oxidation. That is why BHT, an anti-oxidant, was added. It is also why the technique known as "Rurik's method" is able to release oxicodone.
The BHT and PEO should be readily soluble in non polar organic solvents while Oxycodone should be relatively insoluble in these solvents.
BHT is soluble in fatty acids, but don't worry about that yet.
Note: PEG400 (which some have said contributes to the gel) should be slightly soluble in the organic solvent
PEG-400 was also in the old formula, and caused no problems there.
The hypromellose is problematic here as it surely isn’t readily soluble in organic solvents according to the internet and is soluble in water so I think it
Nearly all coated tablets contain hypromellose in the coating. Hypromellose was only used in the coating in the old formula, and I suspect that to be the case with the new formula.
The magnesium stearate and TiO2 everyone is used to and is slightly soluble
Magnesium stearate is present in trace quantities, and is only used as a release agent for the tablet molds. Titanium dioxide can be dealt with as a last step if desired.

I don't understand why you talk of "de-fatting", as there are no fats in the pill.

Take a look at these posts for a procedure developed a month or so ago:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8987887&postcount=381
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8952310&postcount=345
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=892099

Note that I do not agree with the use of orange oil to remove BHT. It just complicates the process, and the BHT is much more easily removed at the end of the procedure. The originally described procedure used a separation funnel, but without the orange oil, you don't need one.

A slight simplification of the basic idea (without orange oil) is:

1) Degrade the PEO while it is dissolved in 100% pure IPA. Use oxidative, UV, mechanical, and (possibly) electrical degradation.
2) Use a wick filter to remove the IPA (with PEO dissolved in it) leaving a sediment of the other ingredients.
3) Mix the sediment with IPA to dissolve any remaining PEO.
4) repeat step 2
5) Mix sediment with water to dissolve the oxycodone.
6) Use wick filter to draw off water (containing dissolved oxycodone) leaving a sediment containing the water-insoluble ingredients. Set this water aside.
7) Mix more water with sediment to dissolve remaining oxycodone
8 ) Repeat step 6, adding to the water previously set aside
9) If intending insufflation, add lactose to solution (for bulk), then evaporate, using a watertight tray made of Reynolds non-stick foil, at 200°F in oven.

Note that IPA must be pure.

Last edited:
wow... I was amazed at all the different experiments in this thread that people are trying, I am dealing with the same thing, I was prescribed this new Perdue crap... all I want to do is chew it, like I always have, feel the rush, & feel no pain.... I, like everyone else here, would love to find a way to seperate the gel-crap from the OC, but I was terrified to try the things I seen on here... so, what I did, was crush up a 40mg very finely, & put it in a little bit of kool-aid, let it set for a few hours... drank the kool-aid, & the feeling I got 10-15 minutes later was just like chewing the old OC's. It was kinda like doing a jello shot! :) This may not work for everyone, but it worked for me.

The problem I've had with the microwave method is that the gooeyness of the time release mechanism doesn't seem to go away. I've had the plate in the fridge for an hour, and still have a syrupy mess all over the plate. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

I just ended up eating the mess, which was weak and quite unappetizing :(

Invested millions of dollars for a reason....

The OPs were created to help prevent the abuse of oxycontin... however

1. You can break them up and sniff them to get full effect... Its very simple

2. Impossible to breakdown enuff to inject

3. You can smoke it... but what's the point if it don't work..

Bottom line... an 80mg oxycontin is the strongest pain killer out... that being said as you try to break it down to inject or smoke it you are just making the pill weaker and weaker the more you mess with it... Just doesn't make sense..

You wanna sniff it... all you need is a ped pro a dry nose a dd's straw and a cup of water to make sure you got the op up far enough to make sure it doesn't feel like u just stuck a glue stick up your nose... (just to explain myself... you snort capps of water every ten minutes.. do it about 5 times..

In reality just swallow the pill/pills for the full effectiveness... wanna snort something sniff a xanax 20 minutes after you swallow them.. you will be rocked!

Since this isn't really an extraction, I'm not sure if it should go here, but i think it does what you are all trying to get it to do.

I believe a friend of mine cracked the code. This has been tested with the 80mg op's.

Step 1. Damp paper towel, remove blue coating. Let sit to dry a moment.
Step 2. Take a zester (small metal grater) and grate the pill down into a pyrex pan.
Step 3. Spread out the powder nice and fine, while preheating the oven to about 300 degrees F (this will vary on your altitude / oven)
Step 4. Bake the powder, and keep an eye on it until it turns a gold color.
Step 5. Scrape the gold gum substance off the pyrex pan with a razor blade. It should have the appearance of peanut butter if you did this right. Let it cool on something metal. After it cools it will be like peanut brittle.
Step 6. Take 150 cc's of water and put it on a spoon. Heat the spoon over a flame until the water comes to a boil. This is important... AS SOON AS THE WATER BOILS DROP IN THE peanut buttery goodness and REMOVE FROM HEAT! It will start to dissolve as soon as you mix it around.
Step 7. mix it around with the top of your dart. No GEL, no problem. Drop in your cotton, and your on your way to funky town.

This is for IV use. Good luck, and enjoy.

I've also heard you can take the peanut brittle stage, chop it up and insufflate it. No problem.

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I found a PDF on the web talking about the decomposition of PEG at different weights here : http://www.conservationphysics.org/ppubs/pegdeg.pdf

Hope that may help to further this, also I did try and heat an OP at 70 - 80 Celcius ( best estimate numbers on oven gone so I had to put notches in the nob) and after 2 hours there is a clear white gell left, I let it air dry and then took a razor blade to it and it broke apart by pushing a blade into it and allowed to chop it up really fine, it was slightly tan but I think you waste less API, not to mention it's not as sticky as the microwave method, still feels kinda waxy but dissolves in your mouth and I have snorted it ( my fav way and have been wanting the drip badly) please let me know if anyone can further this degradation of polyox

also can anyone confirm justtestings extraction method? can you confirm it justtesting with pics?? i know it's work but i would be intrested in a better degradation/extraction method this one seems less desirable than pure and adding something like talc for a filler like they do, thanks guys/gals !

With the method my friend described, is it still better to do a chemical extraction? It sounded better honestly, to not have to use any chemicals if you don't have to. Especially when going the iV route. I can ask him to post pictures from start to finish with this method if you want.

you're making this too complicated

easiest way to break down a 40mg op and get high?

put pill in the microwave, set for 1 minute. ***NOTE*** this may not work for other dosages, i have only ever experiment on the new 40mg orange purdue op's as i get a prescription for those.

process

microwave for 1 minute

pull out pill and crush down between your fingers.

you'll notice the heat breaks down the binders in the pill and it becomes sticky/tacky like a marshmallow and you can literrally crush it down to a pancake between your thumb and index fingers and then tear it apart into little pieces

at this point, you can now crush it into a semi fine powder with any kitchen knife

or can grind it down to a powder with a nail file or piece of sandpaper

whatever you chose

IMPORTANT NOTE - i have heard people post that the orange coating is used by your body to aid in digestion/breaking up the binders in the pill that prevent the opiate from releasing; i cannot prove or disprove this concept as i haven't noticed any difference if i seperate the orange coating by itself, or keep it in the mixture of powder & coating.

myself,

crush the pill up (i usually do 4 at a time)
i tear each pill into 4 quarters
grab a hand sander - 180 grade sandpaper (pretty coarse)
place it above a dinner plate
grind it into a powder
throw it into a glass
place that glass on a hot plate
fill with 250ml of coke ~2/3rd's a can
heat the coke to 60C
after 20 minutes turn off the hot plate.
Throw in an ice cube, wait 10 minutes to cool off
drink - 15 minutes later i'm faded =)

Works a lot better than crisping it in the microwave, i can NOT get an even cook ever, end up with more black or white than tan powder
i also notice the buzz from doming the crisped powder hits me much quicker,
but the effects are stronger and last longer in the coke solution.
**feels like i snorted a 40 when i do 80mg crisped, yet 80mg in coke feels like 80mg in coke** (this is a rough estimate in my book because I get withdrawals if i do less than 80mg in a dose, 40mg stops the shits when i'm sick)

if you have any questions on this method i'll check back to answer

who knows, maybe someone can come up with a better method so i can iv the dumb things again

microwave, crush, grind..... your ops took 5 minutes of work to turn them back into old oc's.

Has anybody tried ascorbic acid/ vitmain C to dissolve the gel? I removed the coating on two 80s, shaved them with a ped-egg and dropped them in about 4 ounces of water with a packet of Emergen-C. After a few minutes it looks like the gel is dissolved. I have no experience with this kind of thing but maybe someone else can see what they can do with it. Nothing else I've tried has come close to breaking down the gel like this did.

Has anybody tried ascorbic acid/ vitmain C to dissolve the gel? I removed the coating on two 80s, shaved them with a ped-egg and dropped them in about 4 ounces of water with a packet of Emergen-C. After a few minutes it looks like the gel is dissolved. I have no experience with this kind of thing but maybe someone else can see what they can do with it. Nothing else I've tried has come close to breaking down the gel like this did.

Well what happened? did you just drink the whole thing? did it work? you say it looks like it broke the gel apart, but did it feel like an IR?

Smoke and Stick for ppl low on time..

Now, I am getting a Masters in Biomedical Engineering with a minor in Biomedical Technology. With my busy schedule, I haven't had the time to look at the Oxycodone HCI tablets labeled OP. I haven't looked into the chemistry and the ingredients used in binding to the oxycodone. I have taken chemistry classes to know the process in which to isolate active ingredients. So a list of all fillers would be needed to do the chemistry. I'd recommend switching to Opana but I do know Purdue manufactured the water soluable oxycodone. However, I'm not sure which generic manufactures thee oxycodone HCI labeled OP on one side and strength on the other. To break down this tablet simply; shave the tablet into small slices. Carmalize it using a flame and foil. The smoke contains oxycodone so you can smoke that. Now use the black tar colored residue and place it in a spoon and use hot water and a butane lighter to get the oxycodone into the water. Since the polymers have been burned off, the residue will be dark even when in a syringe. Now this is a quick method and works but i'd say about half the strength remains in the residue so breaking down several at once and isolating the oxycodone would be the mot effedtive way. I'd recommend Opana b/c it's morphine based, more potent in the way it binds to receptors in the brain, and water soluable.

The OPs were created to help prevent the abuse of oxycontin... however

1. You can break them up and sniff them to get full effect... Its very simple

2. Impossible to breakdown enuff to inject

3. You can smoke it... but what's the point if it don't work..

Bottom line... an 80mg oxycontin is the strongest pain killer out... that being said as you try to break it down to inject or smoke it you are just making the pill weaker and weaker the more you mess with it... Just doesn't make sense..

You wanna sniff it... all you need is a ped pro a dry nose a dd's straw and a cup of water to make sure you got the op up far enough to make sure it doesn't feel like u just stuck a glue stick up your nose... (just to explain myself... you snort capps of water every ten minutes.. do it about 5 times..

In reality just swallow the pill/pills for the full effectiveness... wanna snort something sniff a xanax 20 minutes after you swallow them.. you will be rocked!

The duragesic patches are the strongest "pain killers" available by prescription. 80mg of that is sucicidal no matter what tolerance you have. Opana is a morphine based drug, similar to the codeine base oxycontin that is water soluable and about twice the strength so a 40mg would be the equivalent to an 80oc and it's a much nicer feeling in my opinion. Possibly the new OC