• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Exercise after meth detox?

RR1989

Bluelighter
Anyone have any guidance or link to any information on how to go about exercising with cardio / weights etc after using meth daily for 2-3 years?

I am a 33 year old male. Got out of the Army in 2015 and started using opiates and eventually meth (to get energy after quitting opiates). I've been using basically daily for last 2 years but dabbled since 2015. I want to stop this stuff because I am noticing physical changes in myself and I feel unhealthy if that makes sense.

I also don't want to stroke out trying to get body up and moving again. The meth has me more lazy than ever these last few months and I gotta get my health back..

Anyone? Mostly worried about heart being pushed too far with exercise etc.

If you’ve been off of it fully for a few weeks, you should be ok to go. If you’re really concerned, see your doc and get a cardiac work up. You’re young, and a few years of meth use typically isn’t going to cause massive cardiac damage. Ofc after a few years of being off the horse I would work into a routine slowly, to regain wind and avoid injury. If you have been noticing worrying symptoms or Arrhythmias though just get checked - any time a young person comes into a pcp w heart problems they take it serious.

Last edited: