• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

Wow. Yeah, I get your point since you’re a lifter. You need calories, I’m trying to get rid of them.

I used to love working out with weights, nothing crazy heavy, but the burn feels incredible. You’re right, the fat melts off even while resting.

Quite an impressive routine you have! Enjoy that burger!

Last edited:
My N***a. Beat the body with the mind. Beat the mind with the body. I love lifting weights because I only have to compete against myself. Keep lifting everyone.

Yes, I have to really overpower my mind today because I want to stay in bed. It’s been raining hard and it’s cold. So comfy in bed. Then I looked at my body in the mirror like “Damn! You look good!” because I’ve been working so hard. Kinda makes me want to force myself to keep going today. We’ll see...

Resting today although I have done so much already and haven taken the stairs a lot, and I still have the entire day ahead..

Walked for one hour today. Feeling good, tired but okay. I stii have few swimming ‘credits’ for October, will try waking up early tomorrow.

Today’s update:

Great swimming exercise this morning. A bit tired though.

Today was everything day again. Squats, overhead press (i increased it by 5 pounds now yay!), a lot of powercleans and a few sets of deadlifts. Gonna get my grub on. Meal prep FTW

^ 6 miles? Nice! That's not easy. I survived a run this morning. Did sit-ups/push-ups/squats and jumping jacks before that.

Woke up. Took my creatine, BCAA and a protein shake. Did 5 sets of 20 pushups. Too sore from yesterday, actually lost some weight cuz i didn't eat enough calories. Beer gut is melting off. Gonna get my required 3600 calories in today after some food shopping :)

Have a great day everyone!

I'm gonna start working out again tomorrow. I quit opiates after ibogaine about 4 years ago, and right afterwards I started working out a lot, I went from 135 pounds (6 feet tall) and emaciated, never really having had much muscle my whole life, to 165 and in great shape, strongest I've ever been. Over time, I very slowly fell off this, mostly because I was slowly starting to drink more and I was doing stimulants increasingly often. Recently I had a turning point there, and I haven't been drinking or taking any drugs except weed occasionally and caffeine in the morning for about a week and a half, fortunately yhere was no dependence involved, I was able to intervene on my patterns early enough through what I've learned from my past about addiction and myself. I'm feeling so much better already, but I've gotten quite out of shape compared to where I was and I want to get back. I've gone up to 180 and lost muscle, there's the beginnings of a beer gut going on.

Anyway I feel good, but getting back into better shape will increase that feeling a lot. :)

For sure, Xorkoth!

It seems you are doing quite well! :) The feeling is indeed really good, it’s quite rewarding.

Get that muscle! Push yourself to your limit, rest and do it again! You got this.

Just got back from working out, I feel great! I did chest presses, rows, bicep curls, farmer's walks, tricep curls, and sit-ups holding a 35lb weight on my chest using an incline bench. Then I did 20 minutes of cardio (would have done longer but I had to get back to work). Honestly I am shocked by how well I did compared to where I left off given it's been at least 8 months since I did any strength training at all, and I've been drinking excessively and doing stimulants a lot and not eating great during that time. I lowered my weight at each by 5 to 10 pounds, but I was able to do the same number of reps/sets as before with only a bit more of a feeling of difficulty. I nailed the cardio no problem, but I guess I've been pretty active and doing a good bit of serious hiking (like 5-7 miles in the mountains regularly) so that one's not as surprising. Still it feels great. :) I suspect I'll be sore tomorrow because I always am after I haven't worked out in a while. Saturday I plan to go out and celebrate Halloween at a show, I'll probably take a psychedelic and drink some but Sunday it's back to the gym. :)

Great to hear that everyone is staying active! I think I am just going to eat today and do the lifting tomorrow.

Yesterday I walked/ran over 4 miles. That's because I walked to the gym. I'm really glad I decided to get a gym membership; the place has everything I could want really. I did tricep raises, curls, incline bench, and pull-ups. I love the boost of confidence I get after working out.

Just got back from working out, my second day back. I upper the reps by a couple for weights, and upped the cardio by 5 minutes. Cardio was easier today as was lifting. It's amazing how quickly you regain what you lost when you haven't worked out in a long time. Getting it shape is surprisingly easy. It's also amazing how much more balanced and at ease you feel in general. :)

Anyone struggling with any problems, you've surely heard this before but it's so true, you need to exercise and get in shape! It's one of the most important things you can do for yourself (whether you're having troubles or not). When I quit opiates for good 4 years ago, I started working on and got in shape and I have never felt so good as those 2 years directly following getting clean. I didn't experience PAWS (partly due to ibogaine but still). It made all the difference. I can't recommend it enough. The hardest part is taking the first step and actually doing it. Soon you'll grow to love it. :)

It's also amazing how much more balanced and at ease you feel in general. :)

Anyone struggling with any problems, you've surely heard this before but it's so true, you need to exercise and get in shape! It's one of the most important things you can do for yourself (whether you're having troubles or not). When I quit opiates for good 4 years ago, I started working on and got in shape and I have never felt so good as those 2 years directly following getting clean. I didn't experience PAWS (partly due to ibogaine but still). It made all the difference. I can't recommend it enough. The hardest part is taking the first step and actually doing it. Soon you'll grow to love it. :)

yes!!!!!!

^ Mmmhmm, you guys are motivation. Just finished exercising. Running sucks, but I feel better since it's over.

I know the feeling, usually the shower is the best part.

I stopped running a long time ago as it spoils my knees and does make me feel good in general. I like swimming though, your body has no weight so you can do a lot of things, work out, swim, play games, or just have fun. It's great because I sleep well too. Too bad I need to wake up earlier but it's pretty rewarding, it enhances my mood so effectively. Natural endorphin I suppose. ;)