Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Maya! And take a night to rest and chill out with a friend, you deserve it! =D

Running today was really good. I still only went for about 15 minutes total, but I added quite a bit of distance to how far I covered in that amount of time so my pace was much faster then a couple days ago. I got to the point where normally I would turn and head half a block down back to my place, but as I was approaching the turn this wave of energy came through me and cut the "burn" in my legs basically in half and allowed me to keep going. I think I'm getting to that point where endorphins are coming back. :)

That's adrenalin ( flight n fight) working case.
If you felt good then your endorphins are coming back. How long has it been since you used if you don't mind me asking?

I did some workout other day called Pop Mystique (or something like that) wasn't really cardio but it was a full body based on small pulses ( small moves) no cardio. I thought it wouldn't be a challenge but thought I'd try it. Was shocked because it was relatively difficult. Especially pulsing the lunges - knee inch from the floor, thought I was dying. But felt DOMS next day n was relatively pleased as first time in a long time my muscles were shaking n I have really missed that, a lot xxxx

Lol nsa enjoy the workout hehe... Maya hope you have a good time with your friends you deserve a rests you've worked hard fair play x

^^ Been sober from anything that will get me high for just over 8 months - however I am still on 8mg's of Suboxone and I haven't been able to find any conclusive information about whether buperenorphine blocks endorphins, or if enough naloxone can be absorbed sublingually to bock endorphins.

And honestly, I've seen studies that suggest endorphins aren't even responsible for "runner's high", rather the endo-cannabinoid system is a possible culprit for the sensation. Again, nothing conclusive though.

The point is that I got a wave of euphoric energy through my body while running today that allowed me to run longer and faster than usual, regardless of the biological mechanism. :)

I thought opiates replaced endorphins n isn't bupe a synthetic opiate? I'm on 12 mg of suboxone n just assumed that I did not have my natural endorphins at present. Mind you I've not done any proper research on it I'm going on assumption n things I've read through Google / been told from others. Donyou have links to these studies? as I'd be interested in them.

walked, ran, leg.. extension. curl, rack, groin.. chest strait (normal, closed, open), incline, decline, and triceps.. i feel wonderful<3.. now if I can just not eat everything in sight.. I get so damn hungry after I work out.

I thought opiates replaced endorphins n isn't bupe a synthetic opiate? I'm on 12 mg of suboxone n just assumed that I did not have my natural endorphins at present. Mind you I've not done any proper research on it I'm going on assumption n things I've read through Google / been told from others. Donyou have links to these studies? as I'd be interested in them.

I'm exhausted right now but I will look them up tomorrow when I have some time. I'm on 8mgs of suboxone, but I absolutely got some sort of runners high today. So unless it was adrenaline then either bupe doesn't block endorphins, or runners high is intact caused by something else. (new research shows it could be something else, i'll find the link tomorrow) Anyway, It could have just been adrenaline - but I've had rushes of adrenaline from doing extreme sports and having some really close calls with really bad situations and it didn't feel like that. This was way more euphoric.

I belong to a great club.. but their website is shit.. basically just a promotion.. so i guess I will have to stop in or call to find out what the deal with yoga is.. i guess if there is a proper class for me today im going to do that.. or I guess I will do some light riding just to warm up and then lift shoulders and back..

Just got home, havin some lunch and then heading to yoga. Possible a run afterwards, we'll see - Definitely pushups and core work though.

A bit sore from yesterday - in a good way. :)

I will start yoga this coming monday I think.. Im not working out today.. I worked out really hard yesterday and would not be able to cardio without worrying I am pushing it to hard. But tomorrow morning I will be at it again.. Im going to sit down and plan my workouts better so i can maximize the results and minimize days like these.. I would have hit yoga today but all the sessions were over by the time I figured out what was up.. so I will just stretch for a half hour

I started working out again after 5 months off. Isn't there somewhere on here to keep workout journals?

5 more minutes and I am headin to the gym!!!! I can't wait to rock it again and power it through!

I will do the dumbell exercises first, squats, crunches and a weight exercise before the cardio. I cant wait to sweat I need it after an annoying day at work today%)

^^ Hell yeah Maya. Its really fantastic how great of an outlet working out becomes... so much healthier then drinking or using!!!

Ran for 30 minutes today, that's double what I ran yesterday. I feel like I've been making progress in waves, like 3-4 days at the same level and then all of a sudden make a huge gain one day. My lungs are finally at the point where they don't burn out from the running, i was breathing just fine when i stopped today. Didn't do the yoga today after all, gonna bring some stuff to change into on my way to class tomorrow morning - that way I can just stay downtown, do some homework for a bit and then go to yoga before coming back home to run - rather than coming home after class and not feeling like going downtown again.

Feelin pretty good about myself today after that run for sure. Probably going to stick with 30 minute runs for the next week at least, and if anything just increase my speed a little bit everyday.

Sooo I think I'm on to something with the working out and yoga, and I am going to continue making this a daily routine. For the first time, basically ever, I have a real desire to get myself into really good shape physically. And Unlike before I did drugs, I am no longer overweight - quite the opposite, which is going to make getting into great physical shape something attainable in the very near future. I am finally starting to care about my body, and have a desire to take care of it and treat myself well rather than go on being self destructive. So anyway, I'll keep this thread updated with what I'm doing and in turn what it's doing for me. :)

(I think I'm about to go take a couple pictures with no shirt on, and then one month from today I want to post before and after shots)

I alternated yoga with running for years--one day of each, for a total of 3 days of each per week. That worked really well for me. Once I got certified to teach yoga I started doing more and more yoga and phasing out the running. The strain on my knees from running started to affect my ability to do the yoga poses correctly.

Now I do hot yoga every day. For me, it's the perfect balance of stretching, meditation, and cardio work. I recommend it to everybody, especially those of you who enjoy an intense workout, but also like the increased flexibility that yoga affords. I also love the therapeutic value of the heat--sweat out toxins, lube up those internal organs, and get a deeper stretch. Amazing.

^^There's a hot yoga studio near by thats run by the same company that runs the donation based studio i go to. When I have the money i might check it out, thanks for the tip!

Hey hey guys good morning! So yeah I did some of the exercises yesterday but didnt do cardio so I will focus on cardio tonight and get it going. Here is what I have planned for tonight:

cardio - one hour

75 x burpess
4 x 60 second planks
300-500 crunches

so what have you guys planned for today? %)

Hey healthy folks,

Today will be morning stretching and meditation + 350 crunches here at home before I leave for the office.
After work I'll do a 90 minute hot yoga set.
Tonight after dinner/rest I'll do another 200 crunches and some restorative stretching, meditate, then go to bed.

I'm diggin this thread! It's a great motivation tool. Have a great day everyone.

I've been thinking about doing pushups/crunches when I wake up in the morning too, then a second time later in the day. Would probably start making progress more quickly, and I feel like I'm at a point where I wouldn't be over doing it. Initially starting up from not working out for years it probably would have been to much but it's been a few weeks now.

Anyway, did yoga after class today. relaxing right now and then probably goin for a jog and pushups/core work before I go to a meeting.

Great workout today.. I was watching hockey while I ran and I looked down and I had been running for four minutes past where I was planning on stopping and I wasn't even close to struggling or worked yet.. I think I might be getting into some decent shape finally.. lifted legs, chest and tries again. tomorrow it back and shoulders.. and the next day is biceps and core.

Great workout today.. I was watching hockey while I ran and I looked down and I had been running for four minutes past where I was planning on stopping and I wasn't even close to struggling or worked yet.. I think I might be getting into some decent shape finally.. lifted legs, chest and tries again. tomorrow it back and shoulders.. and the next day is biceps and core.

That's ace news. Well done. Keep going x

Status
Not open for further replies.