• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

ever think how long your gonna abuse drugs?

i hope to be clean off everything by the time im 26
(excluding alcohol, weed, occasionally lsd, shrooms and a pill for once in a blue moon)

so i won't abuse much longer,
i will use for ever.

As long as it doesn't start raining heroin and benzos, I don't see any problems with drug abuse in my future.
And if it does - fuck it, everybody's doing it.

I'm currently at a point in my life where I'm young and have lots of free time/money, so I'm using drugs pretty regularly I guess. I have matured a lot with it in the past few years though, used to be fucked more nights that not, tend to keep the heavy stuff to weekends now. I'm sure I'll cut it down more once I finish uni and get a job, but for now I'm loving it (on coke now lol). Once I get married/kids/full time job/etc, there won't be time for drugs very often, but while I'm young who cares, gotta enjoy it while it lasts! ;)

I think I'll always use drugs, but I don't abuse them anymore. I don't have the mind power to be high all the time anymore. My anxiety gets too out of control and i start thinking crazy downward spiraling thoughts. not good for me or anyone arorund me either. the occasional highs are way more pleasant than being high 24/7.... never thought i would say that of course. it took a life-changing trip to get me to this point. i thought i'd be doing drugs, hell even smoking cigs, til the day i die.

i guess i'll stop eventually.
it's just so crazy to think that i'm on some sort of substance at least 6 days out of the week, if not all week. drugs are such a big part of my life now, and they have been for the past few years, so it's difficult to imagine that i will someday lead a "normal" life without them. i suppose i'll grow out of it eventually.

I can't ever see myself completly quitting all drugs. I believe that I will smoke weed til the day I die. I will drink beer also. I've never had a problem with any other drugs except Opiates and right now I feel comfortable with my use. Hopefully it will not escalate to abuse again, and should it begin to, I will have to cut myself off again.

I got a bad feeling im in it for life however long that is. And what is up with the guy a t the beggining of the thread with 4 billion posts?

I love drugs, I don't want to quit now but someday I might so you never know, you might get tired of drugs after doing them for a good 20-30 years and quit when you get older.

skiforlife said:
The unfortunate fact of being a drug user is that it does bias good people against you... At some point it's not worth fighting the stigma and it's time to throw in the towel and give in to what society thinks.

Those are not good people. Useful people, sure. But not good. Good people aren't biased.

skiforlife said:
Not to mention that I want to be able to enjoy life WITHOUT substances, as I feel a certain guilt whenever I get to the point that I need [insert drug here] to get through the day, or to have a good time with friends.

You can enjoy life without drugs. You can enjoy life without sex, too. You can enjoy life without music. But why would you want to do that?

Putting arbitrary boundaries on how you are "supposed" to enjoy life flows out of a lot of unexamined assumptions. I think alot of people assume they are supposed to "enjoy" life merely as the result of ordinary activities, due to their pure personal awesomeness or something.

But what evidence is there that the human animal is intended to or built to enjoy itself? Aren't we actually built to run endlessly on a hamster wheel of desire? Caught between carrot and stick? By-passing that ugly logic seems like a noble goal to me.

these are my personal thoughts about drugs and life, i dont wanna encourage anyone, this is just the way i feel, so you been warned!:)

life without drugs is like a silent movie. no voices, no effects, no colours, just a shitty music keep goin on on the background. you can dream about the colours, try to imagine them, wish to hear what they are saying while watching it but theres no way of experiencing all of these in the first place. you cant hear them, see the colors etc. the whole movie is in fact a total nonsense. on the other hand life with drugs is a full colored, dolby trueHD supported movie which you can hear all sounds, see all the colours etc

my conclusion is, if you are blind and deaf theres no problem at all. but what if you are not...

As for right now, I think I could see myself doing drugs when I'm older.
I wouldn't say that I "abuse" drugs though. I use them for what they are.
I think mostly it'll be pot when I'm older, I could see that.

bump

ill still want to dabble with the odd party drug every now and then even after i've settled down with a wife and kids. ill definitely still be smoking weed until im on my death bead

I dont plan to ever stop unless it is harming me physically, mentally, or emotionally. Or, if it is part of my job(like, i join the army or something)

Never going to stop using. I'm also impartial as to which substances i take, as I love pretty much all of them except benzos.

I don't seek out drugs very much. Don't even use all that often. But when i get a hook on something I buy as much as I can afford without a second thought. I'm pretty good at saving things.

A solid psychedelic experience 2-4 times a year just does something wonderful for my mind that goes beyond words and rational thought. Opiates are one of the standards by which I measure pleasure and satisfaction. I love these things, and would change as a person were they taken away forever. I generally go months between using, but to never use them again in my life would sadden me greatly.

I guess if it came down to it I could get by with alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis. Then again if it came down to it I could eat McDonalds every day. Doesn't mean I want to do either of those things, or that either of them are healthy for me.

Some people take pride in grounding themselves in reality; having never left it, they don't know what it truly is.

forever, I see no compelling reason to ever stop 100% forever.

just reasons to take a break, or reduce the amount for a while. But overall I know I am going to be doing something forever.

i think/hope i'll get over my love of discovering diffeerent states of mind by the age of 30 at the latest

i see myself stopping all drugs when I graduate from college but then picking up again later in my life when I have everything situated. Plan on just having a few plants growing for personal use only.

I will be using drugs for pretty much all of my life, hopefully not abusing them as much though.
as long as i have access i think that i will continue to use.