• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Evangelical Christians are evil arrogant spiteful idiots who have no morals

Boku_

Bluelighter
IME Christians are the most deceitful and hypocritical idiots ever. Total dumb fucks. Anyone heard of Hillsong and Brian Houston

Last edited:
Evangelical ;) Anyway I think that term is dumb. What the fuck is an evangelical? I grew up in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). If you're not specific we could assume you're talking about any person who evangelizes; even Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses which aren't considered Christians by everybody

all those dumb fucks try to white wash jesus aswell lmao. Moses was black jesus was extremly brown and arab not a single person in the bible was fucking white. Fuck the catholic church and fuck those evangelists

Sounds like your grievance is with megachurches and financially motivated "pastors" rather than actual Christians.....

Yes and no, sometimes the small independent Christian churches can be as courrpt and dishonest as the cable TV outfits.

All it takes is a few dimwits who believe the ends justify the means no matter how misguided or wrong.

I could elaborate but who wants to stir up old grudges. Those who know know.

Like what sort of petty person can't forgive and forget when their dishonest schemes fail but their nemesis/enemy against all expectations comes good and helps the very same people who ruined his life beyond all repair.

Imagine how petty yet dangerous a Christian can be if they believe God is on their side.

What's worse the sins of a teenage train wreck with no control over their life or the sins of many, in my case a group of adults over 30 years of age scheming for vengeance, money and death?

Like what number is the ten commandment "thou shalt not kill"

At what point does a scornful Evengenical Christian realise how wrong they were.

Would most people forgive those who conspired to have them murdered? I guess I'm not in the majority. Some want blood regardless.

Although karma as a habit of influencing outcomes.

all those dumb fucks try to white wash jesus aswell lmao. Moses was black jesus was extremly brown and arab not a single person in the bible was fucking white. Fuck the catholic church and fuck those evangelists
Moses was a Jew so he could've appeared white or Middle Eastern. Times were different back then and I wouldn't doubt that there were blue or green-eyed Jews like there are now. The Ethiopian Jews are religious converts from a long time ago. It's all about DNA and we don't know what these people actually looked like

What the fuck is an evangelical?
A very good question.

Evangelicals believe in the centrality of the conversion or "born again" experience in receiving salvation, in the authority of the Bible as God's revelation to humanity, and in spreading the Christian message.

Evangelicals particularly emphasize "conversion experiences" as an adult even for people raised in Christian families, and reject the authority of old Christian philosophy, particularly w.r.t. the ideas of Saint Thomas and Saint Augustine (although Thomism still pops up here and there), in preference to de novo (and often questionable) interpretations of the Bible offered by modern priests.

I would generally advise Christians to avoid evangelical denominations for the same reason that I as a Buddhist generally prefer traditional (mostly Japanese) Mahayana Buddhist centers to New Age-y stuff like Shambhala. This is the core of the argument in Wittgenstein's Remarks on Frazer's Golden Bough: "religion" is a sort of instinctual human-qua-animal activity, and the attempt to apply modern constructs like axiomatization (e.g. the Bible as the axioms of Christianity) and critical philosophy (a fundamentally Enlightenment and historically Kantian idea, preoccupied with technicalities such as the free will paradox and the paradoxes of omnipotence) to religious ideas tends to lead to useless nonsense.

As such, one of the bad characteristics of Evangelicalism is that it tries too hard to be modern and ends up being ludicrous. The other bad characteristic is that "conversion experiences", while occasionally effective at changing behavior, can become culty indoctrination rituals, which can cause plenty of problems in any religion no matter how noble or educated the membership may seem at first. Conversion experiences are much like psychedelic experiences: when offered by a corrupt "spiritualist", they can be extremely manipulative. The hostility of Evangelical Christianity towards traditional forms of church governance increases the risk of this kind of abuse, and there is now even a counter-cult movement within the evangelical movement which has tried to counter the fallout of these conversion experiences propping up abusive "churches" and "Christian communities".

Hm I may have heard that definition before, but that begs the question. If one is a fundamentalist are they also an evangelist/evangelical? Using your definition, I know of a few sects that wouldn't be referred to as evangelical nor its adherents as fundamentalists. It seems too arbitrary to me as it's like saying well, we aren't Catholics, Orthodox, Methodists, Calvinists or Yahwehists

Arabs and North Africans, including Sudan and Somalia but nothing west of them, are not black. They typically possess many light-skin genes (dark skin is default for humans, light skin is a mutation) and have a history of thousands of years intermingling with Caucasian and Iranian populations (who appear essentially European aside from head shape). Large population movements are historically quite rare, especially before the colonization of the Americas; Turks for example despite the name have only 15% Central Asian genes (the origin of "Turks") and 85% Anatolian, Greek, Arab and Iranian genes (people who inhabited Anatolia before the Sultanate of Rum). It's likely that all of the people in the Bible look like the people currently inhabiting Egypt and the Levant; to wit, they look like this (picture of Iraqis drawn by an Iraqi in the 900s):

The bigger lie is that "European" existed as a discrete identity before the conquests of Muhammed. The ancient Greeks, for example, considered the Levant to be far more civilized and orderly than anywhere to the northwest. Romans likewise had no trouble considering themselves one and the same as the people of what are now Turkey and Egypt. White supremacy evolved from attempts to claim the inheritance of Alexander, who had never heard of being "white"; wars over Alexander's Empire were fought first between the Romans and the Parthians, then the Romans and the Sasanids, then the Arabs conquered the Sasanids and fought the Romans, then the Turks conquer the Romans and the Mongols devastate the Arabs, but by now everyone has forgotten why they were fighting, so they just... keep on... fighting, inventing new myths of identity to justify the endless cycle of revenge, and somewhere along the line we all became "European".

Last edited:
Moses was a Jew so he could've appeared white or Middle Eastern. Times were different back then and I wouldn't doubt that there were blue or green-eyed Jews like there are now. The Ethiopian Jews are religious converts from a long time ago. It's all about DNA and we don't know what these people actually looked like
Moses was raised as the Pharoah's grandson in a time when Hebrew children were killed at birth.... he had dark skin

Moses was raised as the Pharoah's grandson in a time when Hebrew children were killed at birth.... he had dark skin
Maybe but white people can have dark skin too. Like my grandmother and uncle both have olive colored skin, and we're Norwegian. That's why I think the idea of race is silly. Persians look white to me plus they speak an Indo-European language. Anyway, luckily we have DNA to figure out which tribe somebody belongs to although it helps to have written records like the Jews

all the descriptons of moses point to him been as black as the darkest africans and this is confirmed in the quran aswell. But hey white people will try claim every single person was white in the bible to suit their narrative and by coming with some un very unlikely explantions aswell.

I have never met an evangelical in person who had not, in some way, abandoned their critical thinking and who did not exhibit some kind of cult like behaviour. Also, they are a real political force, especially in the United States, that is constantly trying to get their people into power. They know that the population at large will never accept them, so they try to get their players into key positions of power so the rules can be changed according to their doctrine.

Evangelicals scare me. They are a real threat to safety and freedom that can't be rationally dealt with, and I consider them a blight on our society. The Republican party in the United States really started to pander to these people after Jim Crow was defeated and the race riots were quelled. They had to resurrect their party from near extinction and they did this by stoking religious fundamentalism as part of their southern strategy for survival in the very few States they still held any remaining power in. This is also the origin of the Republicans being associated with anti-abortion. They basically chose a fringe group that would otherwise have no authority, gave them a voice, and then made that the voice of their party in many ways. It's the same thing they're starting to do now with these looney Trump supporters. Even though Trump is gone there is now a huge pro-Trump base that the remaining Republicans have to pander to, and they're going to do it because their power matters more to them than preventing another crazy fringe group from threatening societal stability.

The stories I've heard of evangelical missionaries in African countries, like the Congo, freaks me right out. They go in there and stoke anti-homosexual and anti-witchcraft beliefs until the people are practically killing one another. They setup schools and teach people about "sin" all the while turning a bind eye to the locals forming mobs to hunt down unmarried women, gay men, "witches", and all kinds of non-sense. The evangelicals are basically the Christian Taliban and if they had real majority power they would FUBAR any country they ruled. We're talking the 1700s and Salem all over again. Freedom of religion seems reasonable until you look at what these people are doing, then it makes you question the whole premise.

all the descriptons of moses point to him been as black as the darkest africans and this is confirmed in the quran aswell. But hey white people will try claim every single person was white in the bible to suit their narrative and by coming with some un very unlikely explantions aswell.
My point is, how do we know who was what? What was considered black, white, West/Asian or Middle Eastern back then? I've read the Bible many times through and don't know what you're talking about. Moses was a Jew and Jews aren't known to be what we call black today, so there'd have to be evidence to show that for it to make sense

As to people thinking everybody was one race (whatever that means) back in time I don't know how to address that but I'd say they're probably wrong. I'm just looking at evidence. DNA could tell all if we had it

Cheers

I have never met an evangelical in person who had not, in some way, abandoned their critical thinking and who did not exhibit some kind of cult like behaviour. Also, they are a real political force, especially in the United States, that is constantly trying to get their people into power. They know that the population at large will never accept them, so they try to get their players into key positions of power so the rules can be changed according to their doctrine.

Evangelicals scare me. They are a real threat to safety and freedom that can't be rationally dealt with, and I consider them a blight on our society. The Republican party in the United States really started to pander to these people after Jim Crow was defeated and the race riots were quelled. They had to resurrect their party from near extinction and they did this by stoking religious fundamentalism as part of their southern strategy for survival in the very few States they still held any remaining power in. This is also the origin of the Republicans being associated with anti-abortion. They basically chose a fringe group that would otherwise have no authority, gave them a voice, and then made that the voice of their party in many ways. It's the same thing they're starting to do now with these looney Trump supporters. Even though Trump is gone there is now a huge pro-Trump base that the remaining Republicans have to pander to, and they're going to do it because their power matters more to them than preventing another crazy fringe group from threatening societal stability.

The stories I've heard of evangelical missionaries in African countries, like the Congo, freaks me right out. They go in there and stoke anti-homosexual and anti-witchcraft beliefs until the people are practically killing one another. They setup schools and teach people about "sin" all the while turning a bind eye to the locals forming mobs to hunt down unmarried women, gay men, "witches", and all kinds of non-sense. The evangelicals are basically the Christian Taliban and if they had real majority power they would FUBAR any country they ruled. We're talking the 1700s and Salem all over again. Freedom of religion seems reasonable until you look at what these people are doing, then it makes you question the whole premise.

I pretty much agree, some members of my extended family have been taken in by the Evangelical cult, and it is chilling how many exact talking points they spout, while mistaking it for godliness. They used to be really pretty open, liberal people, religious, yes, but Methodist, more like how my mom is, where she believes in the "radical nonviolent love everyone and accept everyone" Jesus. Now they're talking about how homosexuals are going to hell, the Earth is 6,000 years old, and evolution is of Satan. They agree that Trump has personality flaws, but say he is in imperfect man being used as an instrument of God to bring Jesus to the world. They are proudly single-issue voters, abortion being the only thing they consider when voting. And of course they are also against government handouts. And they're also against contraception. I guess sex is only to produce babies. It blows my mind how these people can be against both abortion AND contraception.

I'm quite sure that they would never be mean to someone to their face... in fact our mutual cousin is gay, and they get along fine and have love for each other. But in an abstract sense, they have become bigots. it's sad because they're really sweet people.

Anyway, another thing that us disturbing about Evangelicals is that there is a strong anti-science sentiment and even moreso than other branches of Christianity, there is a strong pressure to not think too much, to not question.

Some Jews were black 2000 years ago aswell. Til they became racist against black people aswell. Moses in the Torah and Quran is black