• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Etizolam Withdrawal

Wow man* thats incredible... Its amazing you can say youre not mentally stable... NOw were both on stimulants , klonopin, valium , and soma all from the same dr. and i'm scripted vicodin 5s too.
What do you mean by this?

As far as im aware Clonazepam, Diazepam, Carisoprodol and Hydrocodone/Paracetamol are not Stimulants

I think it was more like : Now, we're both on stimulants AS WELL AS clonazepam(trouble), dreamy diazepam..yummy warm and fuzzy carisoprodol..and lovely hydro only w/that nasty liver killer: apap ....

At least that's what I read into it. ;)

~token

Given the very short half life of etizolam you should be ok really. If you haven't been waking up in withdrawal you probably won't feel much at all.

I think it was more like : Now, we're both on stimulants AS WELL AS clonazepam(trouble), dreamy diazepam..yummy warm and fuzzy carisoprodol..and lovely hydro only w/that nasty liver killer: apap ....

At least that's what I read into it. ;)

~token
Now i gets ya! :)

@atm.

Thanks again for your replies/support.

I always turn up at my drug councillors in a fit state (well there was this 1 time!!!:!

She tells me that from all the information she has gathered from me over the 9 months or so that she has passed on to her superiors and the detox clinic, there recommendation is In-Patient Cold Turkey Detox with Carbamazerpine.

Also i do work and they have been very understanding, they asked me to take sick leave and come back when im fit and ready however long that may be, they dont know about my Benzo abuse but they do realise that im not mentally stable/well and have not been for sometime, even though its something id tried to put a brave face on and hide for 15 years, eventually your gonna crack.

Also you mention about councilling/CBT etc It was for these reasons my doctor originally prescribed me AD's, as she said the short term plan was for the AD's to take effect and then they would hopefully put me in the right frame of mind for councilling/CBT/Psychotherapy to actually work and have a positive effect.

The Anti Depressants have not worked (well the 3 ive tried have not worked) infact i thik i feel worse now than i did when i first went to see her in June 2011.

I went through 7 before I found one that I could tolerate and I do believe that it has helped me greatly in just leveling me out, it has its down sides i that my emotions are compressed, in many ways most of the time I just don't "feel" the highs and lows are pretty much gone and I'm living in a narrow band in the middle. So I don;t wake up in the morning anymore and feel like I want to not be alive but o the opposite side of the coin I don't get any great elation from things that are good.

Its a short term thing for me and enabled me to benefit more from the CBT IMO, I was able to face things in a more objective manner than just falling to pieces as I tried to get to grips with some of the underlying thought patterns I have been using for seemingly my whole life. Neither the CBT or the ADs are a cure, I don't believe one exists and I'm not sure I'd want it if it did, I'm me I just need to try and make that work a bit better, many of the aspects of thee way I am have led to positive things, work is a fine example, striving for perfection and being a little obsessive about detail isn't always a bad thing.

I've recently started a new job hence I can't and do not want to reveal my mental health issues as I don't see the need to any more than I've discussed my previous issues with asthma or skin conditions, if it become an issue then I deal with it then.

Its great to here you have a plan to get off the benzos, you've got to take it and be rid of the burden, I'm sure like me you get very little in the way of pleasure form them anymore and for me I can see the next step is opiates and I really do not ant to go there.

I'm done with drugs, the only ones that I will consider in the future are psychedelics but even that is a way off.

Best of luck with it all Pete make sure you keep in touch, I'll drop you a PM with an email address.

Yeah, it's been much easier than I thought it was going to be, especially after reading people's experiences with benzo withdrawal. My mood has been pretty bad and I've felt depressed which I have never really felt, but other than that, I feel okay.

Yeah, it's been much easier than I thought it was going to be, especially after reading people's experiences with benzo withdrawal. My mood has been pretty bad and I've felt depressed which I have never really felt, but other than that, I feel okay.

^^Be thankful.^^
Hard to do in a depressed state..but I, for one, am glad to hear of your okayness.

Although, I do personally believe that the only negative to a somewhat easy w/d...is it can make one think that..
"Maybe it won't be too bad next time, either."

But, I also think that I think too much.

However, I sincerely am glad you're doing as well as you are. :)

~token

i never much cared for benzos but i feel in love with etizopam when i found it, and for pennys a dose it was a godsend, i was on a 2 month binge, ended up detoxing in jail with nothing and no seizures shit was fucking emotionally addictive though

What you're experiencing is the slingshot, of sorts. It's rebound anxiety / depression, and is usually equal to or greater than any high you'd had while galavanting.

Just because something is obtained legally, doesn't mean it's even a positive thing (think apap / paracetamol).

You're lucky if you're not getting many physical symptoms: benzos can kick back harder than heroin (and do). A person won't typically seize during severe opiate WD, but is VERY possible while going from a high dose of benzos to nothing.

You are lucky. Lucky that you ran out right now, more than anything. Unlucky that your ordered more before you realized the WDs wouldn't be so bad (THIS TIME).

Atm23 gave some great advice to you, I would definitely heed it.

I also have abused a similar amount of Etizolam, but when I was down to the last 40 I started to taper. Why? Because I've withdrawn from benzos several times before and had grand mal seizures and been in hospitals and all kinds of shit because of it. Benzo WD is no joke at all.

When you get your next 100 or so in the mail, you are probably going to pop them like beans again. I mean, it's pretty much irresistable. You need to like, keep 20, and give away the rest to some buddies. Trust me you don't want another 100 Etizolam right now because when you run out the next time things might not go so well.

Sleepless nights, shaking and clammy hands, paranoia and extreme stress, high blood pressure and possible seizure are the fire you are playing with here.

Great thread this one, got my eyes open, I have also did 100-110 etizolam in like a month now (50 of them in a week), got 8 left im quittin it now, hoping not getting any bad wd.

The main thing I noticed with Klonopin WD was my legs felt like Jello... but I was taking Xanax every 4-6 hours so the WD wasn't pronounced. I have run out one other time since and just had to wait til later that night to get the rx filled so it wasn't bad just a shit day... If I were you I would space it out as much as possible. Hide a stash (I do this with opiates to prevent WD)... eventhough I have an addiction and I get into said stash perhaps you have more will power than me..

Really feeling wierd right now, I have used my last 8 etizolam(look 2 post up), don't got any today and can't get some.. im VERY angry/pisd on all and everything, my eyes is acting wierd and itching, and my body just don't feels good, like there is something wrong. Hoping it's not getting more bad, than this.

Nicklazz, I'm hoping you're ok..
I can't give any advice but the rest of the advice on here looks great.. But I am now in a situation which is worrying me. I binged a little on stims over the last week and decided on just getting to sleep with some etiz about 2mg I started on.. now since that within the last few days I've take a 1/4 mg and an even smaller amount 1/5th mg because I felt some rebound that obviously came bouncing back from the stim sesh only a 1 week to 2 weeks ago..

I really don't want to need them but I couldn't sleep last night and woke this morning taking a half again which made the day easy of course.. now just had a bath and worrying about some insomnia tonight.. last night I was getting hard heart beats and some sweating.. my chest has blips and prangs every so often and I know its anxiety from the stims the other week,.. can anyone give me some advice on what I do from here? I have about 40 etiz pills.. and I want off them.. ive already cut up two pills near my bed.. one in half and the other in quarters.. I also have plenty of valarian tea should I combine replace?

Any info form you guys I really appreciate right now because I keep reading all this stuff about etiz/benzos its making it a whole lot worse.. I may not be taking doses like the above but I can feel something just from the small amount i'v been on in the last week.

Last edited:
Thank you gynty, still feeling fuckin wierd, my muscles is spasm a little, have got a few beers, hoping it will calm it down.

Im all new to these benzos, but what i quickly learned in the last month is, you gonna want to keep eating these like candy, they really make the day great, and the sleep on them is lovely. After the first week binge on them i tried to sleep without them, I tried in 3-5 hours then I took some to fall a sleep, and yea used to I got no left (yesterday).

You should stop taking them now, and yea I know it can be hard sleeping without them, even with that little amount and the little time you have used them, but drink a few beers or use the valarian tea youre talking about (don't know what it is sorry) but guessing you mean it to sleeping easier, instead.
After a few days without them Im sure you can sleep normally again. Only use them on stim or other comedowns I would say.

Last edited:
Not so much muscle spasm/mild shaking atm, but very very bad mood, keep changing, but mostly angry, very angry.. Exploded earlier on my friend, also feeling paranoid and my anxiety and OCD has gone way worse than before, also sweating and just feeling wierd. I have read something on wiki about Paradoxical effects from benzos and borderline pd. I got borderline, so maybe that's why Im getting so angry, don't know.. Thinking about going to the doctor, after reading some very scary stories about Wd's and side effects from benzos. But maybe it's just me getting myself all "pumped up" about im gonna fall down the stairs and die.. :/

sorry for my bad english, hope someone can say something to calm me down..

Hey Nicklazz.. well I bought two cans of grolsch tonight thanks for the advice I took it and I've stopped myself from taking another etiz.. although at 1pm today exactly 24hours later I felt my brain wanting to reach out for them blue things..

feels ok just drank them both.. listening to my favorite radio station too tonight.. and have a bath prepared.. search youtube for Robert Fripp - North Star its a great ballad it might relax you..

for anyone following.. an update on my sleep last night - I went to sleep.. but at about 3 -4 am I woke heat pumping and sweating a bit.. I did think about reaching out for the etiz but told myself to get over it even if it could escalate into panic... Remember this is starting from a 2mg dose just ONCE a week before on this stuff.. I am very sensitive to these things.. but watch out.

Hey Nicklazz.. well I bought two cans of grolsch tonight thanks for the advice I took it and I've stopped myself from taking another etiz.. although at 1pm today exactly 24hours later I felt my brain wanting to reach out for them blue things..

feels ok just drank them both.. listening to my favorite radio station too tonight.. and have a bath prepared.. search youtube for Robert Fripp - North Star its a great ballad it might relax you..

Great to hear you stopped yourself taking some, keep doing that, maybe instead of the beers after a couple of days if u still having a hard time sleeping, take a long run or do some hard work or training before bed time, hell yea i should do that more often myself, but don't think it's a good idea right now for me.

Im constantly waking up or can't sleep at all, sweating a lot too, it's no fun I know.

You should trash some of your etiz or give to some friends, fuck the money you spend on them, much better just have like 10-20 to horrible comedowns, than 40, you just keep eating because you know u got a lot.

Hope youre okay and it's going to be better very soon :)!

And thanks for the music number, will try listen to it.

Nicklazz - I'm one of those people who've been through that "horror story" type w/d you mentioned. I actually just posted a message about this on the Other Drugs forum cuz I just had my second seizure last night so I'm starting over on some more benzos (very low dose) and will taper down...probably gonna go to the ER tomorrow too to check I might not die or something in the next week, heh. Luckily I still have access to benzos for tonight. Anyway sorry this is coming out wrong, I don't mean to scare you I was on much higher doses for much longer :) you shouldn't be at a risk for something like that (nor you, gynty). You guys should start feeling better in a few days, physically at least. If I were you, juuuuuuuust in case (once again, this is extremely unlikely) you were to have a seizure (especially you Nicklazz because your symptoms seem stronger) I'd recommend you stay away from standing in bathrooms and kitchens and stuff. I'm really talking about worst-case-there-really-isn't-a-chance-this'll-happen-scenarios here, this is mostly just in case this might relieve your paranoia. Otherwise there isn't that much to do to feel better...just know it will get better soon! What I did was lie in bed watching TV all day, it was nice enough.
Okay now Nicklazz I just reread what you said about hoping someone can calm you down, I'm not sure I did that hahaa. GOnna leave everything I said in the interest of honesty but I'll repeat, DONT WORRY. You're just gonna make yourself feel worse by obsessing over what bad things might happen. Is there someone you could ask over or something so that you can be aware that in the event of something happening (which it surely won't), someone would be there to help? That might help calm you.

Also, listen to some good music. I listened to Pink Floyd for, like, dozens of hours on end and it totally relaxed me...Also helped put me to sleep =D