• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Etizolam Withdrawal

Pagey - Thanks for your post, it did not get me more freaked out, infact got a little better.

It's just that like i have written I am mentally ill' got OCD, anxiety, ADD & borderline so I think it's that getting me even more paranoid, im self-medication, I have a psychiatrist but I don't wanna take what she gives me, but that's a hole other story, just thinking my mental problems it's doing more worse than it is, because I am used to my mind is fuckd, but when my body starting to acting wierd like the mild shaking and my eyes fuckin, I get really scared and I guess it's there where my mental sickness kicks in and says "u gonna die man, do something. Oh no the floor is shaking, what ya gonna do?!?!".

But I did have a one time epileptic seizure when I was younger, Got checked the doctors couldn't say why I got it. Really wierd, so also tricks me a little.. And I have infact read your post ealiere today, hope youre okay man! Best of luck from me to you, that's for sure.

But hoping your right about it's getting better in a couple of days, the physically mostly, will still having a bad time with my mind, but that I can handle.
But what if still having it bad in a couple of days? In the last week i did like 50mg etizolam, that's a lot i think.. Should I then go to my doctor and taper or give it more time?

Im home with my mom, so im safe, I just scream and she will come running that's 100% if it get's horrible, it calms me a little down, but not enough.

Thank you again for your post, it helped me a lot! And sorry for my messy and crappy english, it's not the best I know :D

Glad it helped then :)

Yeah OCD and the other things you mentioned definitely wouldn't help...I can't really help you with that because I (luckily) don't have any of those but I'd say the fact that you're aware that they might be making everything worse is definitely good.
I'd read somewhere once that there was this one form of epilepsy where you only have one or two seizures in your whole lifetime, usually when quite young. It's extremely common if I remember correctly. I'm no doctor so I dunno if that was it but it's a possibility :)
Haha thanks (I'm a chick btw). I'm freaking out a bit here too but now that I took some more benzos I should be okay until my visit to the hospital tomorrow at least.

It'll definitely get better though. The really acute withdrawal part doesn't last too long (especially since you haven't been using long), even though it seems to drag on forever. To be honest though it's been three weeks since I quit cold turkey and (leaving aside last night's seizure) I've still been going through withdrawal but it's much more manageable than in the first few days. More like panic attacks every now and then, mood swings and globally feeling very anxious. Also my muscles are extremely tense and painful but I think that's mostly because the reason I took benzos in the first place was for pain release and for my muscles to not be so tense (was in an accident a couple years ago and my neck and back muscles have been pissed off since then :! ) so that probably won't happen to you. Oh and brain zaps. Those are awful. But it doesn't sound like you have them for now so let's hope it stays that way. But yeah, you should start feeling better soon. I read all those strong physical w/d symptoms tend to be completely gone after a couple months or so, they can come back afterwards but it's much more mild and manageable. I can't testify to that yet though since as I said, it's only been a few weeks.
Unless something dangerous actually happens to you as a result of withdrawal (ie. seizure, being very original here) I don't recommend you see a doctor really. You are 'lucky' enough to have stopped relatively early so if I were you I'd just clench my teeth and go through the whole withdrawal, get it over with now...unless really it's unbearable and you feel like this might seriously make you start taking them again. In that case I'd recommend seeing your doc :)

Oh and it's good that you're home with someone else.

Well I'm gonna go to bed now but if you have any more questions and stuff I'll be glad to answer in the morning. Feel free to PM me any of those questions if you prefer. Good luck with everything!

(And your english is absolutely fine btw)

Yea it really did.

Hehe good for you that u don't have any of that, I can only help myself with that, getting the help they trying give me.
Arh cool with that info about epilepsy, I would look that up.

Oh really sorry, did'nt know, hi chick Pagey =D. Yea I understand your freaking out, hoping you are getting a good taper plan tomorrow, and it all gonna be al right :)

My muscles have been a little tight and a little pain, and I couldn't open my mouth like normally when I woke up earlier, but I have tried that with my mouth before after stim use and sleeping, so that not scared me.
brain zaps? That don't sounds like fun, hoping not getting that, will also look up, never heard about before, or maybe i have just don't knew what it was.

I guess youre right about seeing a doctor, I think i try ride it off myself like your saying :).

Thank you for the posts, it really means much for me, even got a little wierd happy smile like thinkin "it's gonna be allright" in a few seconds..

And glad to hear I can PM you, that I will do if I got any more questions, wich im sure of I do, but for now I will watch some TV and relax.

Haha no my english sux, but thanks.

And good luck to you also, take care Pagey!! :)

Yes, you should be fine if you're only one month in. I've abused stupid amounts of benzos daily for close to two months straight and I didn't experience withdrawals, only a little rebound anxiety.

Good on you for backing out at this point. Benzos ruin people's lives like few other drugs can. I know how seductive they can be, especially for people prone to anxiety. After going through 100mg of etizolam in 3 days recently, I'm through with those fuckers.

It's normal for your muscles to be sore. I don't know much about etizolam specifically but most benzos have muscle-relaxant properties on top of anti-anxiety ones so when you stop taking them it's normal for your muscles to get super tense.
Brain zaps are like these shocks you get in your head ... I dunno how to explain it really, basically you get this incredibly painful jolt in your head very regularly. Okay so that doesn't clarify much. This thread might help: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/622722-Benzo-Withdrawal-Brain-Zap-Question

Yes, you should be fine if you're only one month in. I've abused stupid amounts of benzos daily for close to two months straight and I didn't experience withdrawals, only a little rebound anxiety.

Good on you for backing out at this point. Benzos ruin people's lives like few other drugs can. I know how seductive they can be, especially for people prone to anxiety. After going through 100mg of etizolam in 3 days recently, I'm through with those fuckers.

100mg in 3 days??!! Insane tolerance u got there dude, take care.
Yea im all done with these, and also all other kind of benzos, not even on stim comedowns I will use them no more.

It's normal for your muscles to be sore. I don't know much about etizolam specifically but most benzos have muscle-relaxant properties on top of anti-anxiety ones so when you stop taking them it's normal for your muscles to get super tense.
Brain zaps are like these shocks you get in your head ... I dunno how to explain it really, basically you get this incredibly painful jolt in your head very regularly. Okay so that doesn't clarify much. This thread might help: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/622722-Benzo-Withdrawal-Brain-Zap-Question

Arh okay, waked up today with my arms very tense and hurting.

Glad I have not got any of them brain zaps, damn sounds scary Pagey 8o.

And update on me today:

Not sleeped well, woke up after 3 hours sleep, insane paranoia, looking out of window constantly, it's better now but im so angry on everything, feels like I could kill someone right now, if one pisd me off enough, lol. And is it just me or after i ran out all things is going wrong for me? Other experienced that?

Well this is like for what I said about the tense muscles - benzos are anti-anxiety so when you stop you become super anxious/on edge/panicky for a while. Once again, it's normal. I'm guessing you probably started with benzos to treat anxiety, too (and you'd therefore be a globally anxious person)?
You probably feel like everything is going wrong because you're generally nervous and annoyed and stuff because of the w/d :)

Last edited:
yes thats why I started with benzos, or one of the reasons :)
It's just scares me a little that paranoia, hell im getting afraid of some stupid things.. Thinking the mail man will knock on the door and that scares me? 8(
How are u? Did u got to the hospital today and got a taper plan?

Well then rebound anxiety is definitely normal, but yes it is awful!
I dunno what to say really about your paranoia because I've never had that, or at least not to that extent...the only times I get paranoid is when I'm home alone and just watched a scary movie and I hear a weird sound (lol). Soo I'd advise general relaxation stuff? Baths, soothing music, resting in bed etc. etc., maybe trying not to be alone too much?
Yeah I went to the hospital this morning, they're putting me on clonazepam for a few months with a really slow taper schedule so I've got the benzo, anticonvulsant and taper all in one. So I should be okay :)

yea guess im just have to go slow atm, and doing a lot of rexaling stuff. The stims and other kind of drugs have to wait a while before I take any, sadly but that how it is.. Some beers can do at least.

Great to hear, Im sure you gonna be okay :)

taking a break from these little guys as well, itching for one tonight "because i did mxe"
knowing i will take some tomorrow :/

how long have u been taking them DubNaut?

But yea, they a real bitch, seems so innocent to take another, and another and from there just keeps on going..

I have taken approximately 130 etizolam over the past month, averaging maybe 4 or 5 per day, and now have 4 left. I have 100 on order, but won't get here in the next couple days, and I'm somewhat worried about what kind of withdrawal symptoms I may experience. Before anyone jumps on me and says how terrible benzos are, I know, I know, but addiction is a bitch. I'm trying my best. With 4 left, do I need to taper, or what should I do? I have work every day 9-5 and can't be sick as fuck for multiple days in a row. I know I fucked up, at least I admit that. Please help me, BL.

Thanks

I was in the same situation mate. It's hell I know. Taper the dose down over timeand you will beat this addiction. I'm not sure if this is the correct term but it was like I was shivering cold but I couldn't stop. Physical side effects not something you want. Avoid Etizolam abuse it's extremely difficult to stop. In 2.5 months I had 340mg. Its a month and a half since ive had any had time off work and had anxiety and everything better than uncontrollable shaking. insomnia still shit though but better than I was. During the hardest part, when I was outside even the smackheads were looking at me like 'that guy is WDing hard' lol

Last edited:
i have taken 125mgs in the past 10 days everyday at least 4 or 5mg, but not in a constant, mainly just on the nights whilst smoking weed or on a comedown just popping loads then the next day only popping a few.

its been 27 hours since my last dose of 2mg and tbh i dont feel that bad, should a proper withdrawl of kicked in by now? im just scared of having a fit or seizure or whatever..

I just did 500mg etizolam in 3 weeks. Ct'd for 5 days started to get really shaky and twitchy on day 6 so I took 2mg of etizolam and now I'm completely mellow and sedated not shaky. Or anxious at all... It seems the tolerance to thienodiazepines fades rather quickly. I think I'm going to just try using 2mg at bedtime for a week then lower that to 1.5 for a week and so on until I get to zero in about 4 weeks time. Hopefully that will lessen my withdrawal symptoms, I'm just worried about how bad it was about to get because I had done such high doses in such a small amount of time