• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Etizolam - My drug hell

I'd been using/abusing diaz and alprazolam for four years or so prior to taking these, and then these for little over a year. And tbh these are a lot easier on my head. Rebound anxiety is pretty minimal too, unlike the other two which were oftentimes hellish to say the least. It's not been total plane sailing with these either. But I've always kept my doses fairly low. Even after all these years I'm only taking 1-1.5 mgs a day 5 days a week. It's still more than I'd like, but it could always be worse.

Good luck to everyone who's worse off than me. T'is a mother of a struggle. <3

I had no idea you'd got in so deep with benzos, and if I had, I would've given you some shit, TG. :\

Horrible habit to have, worse to shake off. Good luck to anyone who's in that particular pit.

I wouldn't necessarily say 1-1.5mg of etiz five days a week was in too deep, but would certainly echo best wishes to anybody struggling with benzos at any level. Beastly things to get stuck on. Look after yerself, missus. You know you're much loved around these parts <3

I had no idea you'd got in so deep with benzos, and if I had, I would've given you some shit, TG. :\

I guess whenever I pop in here I never really mention my drug use, so nobody would have a clue of my activities. I guess you could also apply that to real life too. Rather surprisingly my boss is the only one who knows a little of what goes on. She's actually been the most supportive person for me in the last year or so. She's pretty awesome.

Anyhow, Sam, I was pre-warned of the dangers and problems I might face well in advance. However, I chose to start taking them regardless, so there wasn't anything anyone could have said to stop me tbh. But thank you. I was just in a bad place then, and probably in an even worse place now, but desperation leads you down a crazy path sometimes. We just have to be strong enough to fight through it.

I wouldn't necessarily say 1-1.5mg of etiz five days a week was in too deep, but would certainly echo best wishes to anybody struggling with benzos at any level. Beastly things to get stuck on. Look after yerself, missus. You know you're much loved around these parts <3

Cheers, Sham. One day at a time, eh?. <3

Hi, I just read ops post and skimmed through the topic so if someone suggested the same thing I apologize to them.

Now op, your habbit isn't that big, so it should be possible to taper off it eventually.

If you have a good doctor have him supervise a diazepam taper (lots of important stuff about it can be found on http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

If you don't, dissolve your pills in peg and take a little less every week. (like 2mg week 1, 1.9mg week 2 and so on)

Hopefully this should work.

Best of luck to you mate.

I never understand people that take benzos everyday. I took maxium 1 5mg valium after hangover. I had social anxiety and shit in past, now its minimum, when you get older it passes on its own.

It true it gets easier, you just get tired of being scared, age wears you down a lot. I never ever had any social life though and have worked a menial job to pay the bills, without these pills I would be cutting bits of flesh off my arm I'm so lonely and wound up now I lost my job of 17 years and all the people I (barely) knew.

That's a bit shithouse :(

Benzos certainly do have their place - very handy drugs I'm glad to always have handy just in case. The big problem I found with 'em is when you rely on 'em too much. Unless you really want to be sedated forever there has to be a time they come to an end and that's rather horrid. Aside from the vicious addiction and w/d you get all the old symptoms back twice-over even if your situation is greatly improved. Pisser really :\

It true it gets easier, you just get tired of being scared, age wears you down a lot. I never ever had any social life though and have worked a menial job to pay the bills, without these pills I would be cutting bits of flesh off my arm I'm so lonely and wound up now I lost my job of 17 years and all the people I (barely) knew.

I feel for you man...good luck with that. People on here can be fairly supportive, I hope you find some friends here... you might want to check out The Dark Side forum on here though, there are a load of specific support threads with sympathetic ears. It can be good to know you're not alone with your troubles!

Regarding the blister pack sales, I reckon that vendors are just making hay while the sun shines. Surely the thienodiazepine loophole will be plugged soon? I reckon it'll be Easter time, along with some comprehensive cannabinoid bannings.

What was the deal with the 'etilozam pellets' available last winter from UK vendors. Were they arylcyclohexylamines cut with phenazepam and dyed blue? Or just phenazepam or such shit, dyed blue? They definitely weren't thienodiazepines anyway, I could tell from some of the pixels^H^H^H toxic smelling metabolites oozing out of my pores akin to the aftermath of an MXE overbinge. Nothing at all like the nice shiny candy-coated prescription overseas etiz.

Actually they did me a favour, as that put me off the shit for a while. Nasty things, strong GABAergics - it's a shame they're so effective at what they do.

I think a safer/more healthy alternative to benzos and z-drugs has been identified now, anyway. It's still quite weak at the moment, but this arena seems to have potential.
The diazepam-like profile observed in the elevated plus-maze paradigm and in the conditioned defensive burying experiment revealed an anxiolytic-like activity of the αs1-casein tryptic hydrolysate consistent with its binding to the BDZ site of the GABAA receptor. Only one peptide of the tryptic hydrolysate, the αs1-CN-(f91-100), displaced [methyl-3H] flunitrazepam from GABAA receptor. The synthetic peptide displayed the same activity, confirming that α-casozepine carries the total anxiolytic activity.1

A peptide having an original anxiolytic activity was identified in an otsl casein tryptic hydrolysate. It corresponds to fragment 91-100 and was named α-casozepin. Guesdon et al also showed that this same tryptic hydrolysate of casein including peptide 91-100 improves sleep in rats subjected to chronic stress. The structure of this decapeptide was studied by two dimensional 1H NMR. The sequence contained between the glycine 93 and leucine 99 residues adopts in a micellar medium, a 310 helical structure initiated and terminated by an α helix The lateral chains of the hydrophobic residues are located on the same face of the helix, while the lateral chains of the hydrophilic residues are located on the other face, thereby conferring an amphiphilic character on the peptide and enabling it to interact with membranes. The ionic interactions betWeen the guanidinium group of the arginine 100 residue and the carboxylic groups of the glutamic acid 96 and arginine 100 residues show the critical role of the carboxy-terminal arginine residue in the stabilization of the helical structure. In such a structure,the aromatic rings of the two tyrosine residues in position 91 and 94 are oriented so that the distance between their center (0.56 nm on average) is comparable to the distance observed between the centers of the aromatic rings of nitrazepam, a benzodiazepine known for its anxiolytic properties. The substitution of the arginine 100 residue with an alanine residue significantly decreases the helicity of the decapeptide and results in a decrease in the afiinity of this peptide for the benzodiazepine site of the GABAA receptor by a factor of 300,000.2

So a basic preparation involving this milk derived benzo analogue is available over the counter as Lactium or as Boots own brand "milk protein hydrolysate".

Don't knock it unless you've tried it!

It could use improvement, though. I messaged some Chinese chem suppliers, but they only seeem interested in synthing the novel opiate milk derived peptides? ...Weird.

1http://www.lactiumusa.com/pdf/restudy/characterization-of-alpha.pdf
2http://www.google.co.uk/patents/US20110312892?

Sorry to go off topic.

I have just read that olanzapine is classed as a thienodiazapine. I am currently on 5 mgs olanzapine and feel i need to up to 10 mgs. Expecting a call from shrink today.

Etizolam is also classed as a thienodiazapine. Would these possibly help with an etizolam taper?

My shrink does not know about my etizolam problem.

Whaat, i'm sure thats primarily an antipsychotic with slightly sedating and weight-gain effects?

As I mentioned in these, ive been on an 8 week or so etizolam binge, 40-100 mg a day, 30 mg Intas at once and you'd never know. Was using to kick a kratom habit (Long term high dose, way worse than I anticipated) in high doses, and the kratom WD is over, but I'm stuck with the etizolam habit. Down to 30 mg a day dividing my doses frequently to simulate a long acting benzo. So far it is way easier than a BZD but still no good. At all! Got a couple hundred left, gonna do a quickish taper, a few weeks, and see what happens. Wish me luck, I swore I'd never go through BZD WD again, but. I guess eti aint a BZD ; dumbass is all i can say, oh self control where did you go?

I did a little test last week ( i think ) , and didn't take any for two days. I have plenty of backup. Felt a strong psychological pull, and slight anxiety and boredom. Would this have worsened?

My up and down regime is in another post in this thread, although i went through an ethylphenidate binge, and took rather more than usual.

Maybe the garage pressed ones could be weaker, and so less brutal withdrawals

just quick post re Eti & benzo cross-tolerance.

I had two Etiz last night that barely worked, post-stim sesh. Bit irritating, tossing about in bed, wired. Anyway, sesh was longer & heavier today but this time the application of 10mg valium worked at least twice as well as last nights 2mg Etiz. Given that 1mg Etiz is supposed to equivalent to about 10mg of Diaz, I hazard a guess that in my case at least, Valium still has a good effect despite regular, low-level use of Etiz over the last year. 4 times better at my reckoning.

I suspect there may be less cross-tolerance between the two classes of drug, azolams & diazepines, than previously observed. Because it's easier to taper with Vals, coz of the larger dosage & bigger tablets, I thought that this info might be useful for Ism. Hope you're cool buddy!

Last edited:
i think it's nonsense that 1mg etizolam = 10mg diazepam, personally. I wonder where that idea comes from?

Twas just on the benzos equivalency charts people could find when etiz first hit the scene, i think it was 1-2mg on some though, aye thats def not right though, they're probably about the same for anxiolytic effects at that dose but etiz has very little sedation, good for taking the edge off but not great for sleep on a comedown when you have a tolerance

I suspect there may be less cross-tolerance between the two classes of drug, azolams & diazepines, than previously observed. Because it's easier to taper with Vals, coz of the larger dosage & bigger tablets, I thought that this info might be useful for Ism. Hope you're cool buddy!

Er, correct me if I'm wrong, but 'azolams & diazepines' are actually the SAME class of drug - namely 'benzodiazepines'. I think you're confusing 'Etizolam' (which is a thienodiazepine), with 'Alprazolam' (which is a benzodiazepine). However, there is definitely cross tolerance at work there. As far as I can gather, the most significant difference between the various 'diazepines' is the half life. This is why Valium (diazepam) is better for a taper than say Zanax (alprazolam) which has a much shorter half-life and requires more frequent redosing.

Last edited:
Er, correct me if I'm wrong, but 'azolams & diazepines' are actually the SAME class of drug - namely 'benzodiazepines'. I think you're confusing 'Etizolam' (which is a thienodiazepine), with 'Alprazolam' (which is a benzodiazepine). However, there is definitely cross tolerance at work there. As far as I can gather, the 8) a few goes to get intellingerlect to look right

I did actually assume that both Xanax & Etilaam were from the same parent thiazepine simply coz of the azolam nomenclature, I learn something! I appreciate those compensating for my ever dwindling intellect. Took awhile to get intellect to look right 8)

Still stands though, from a purely personal observation, that Valium seems to be easier to taper off with than Etiz.

Hope Ismene is on da cool %)

I did actually assume that both Xanax & Etilaam were from the same parent thiazepine simply coz of the azolam nomenclature, I learn something! I appreciate those compensating for my ever dwindling intellect. Took awhile to get intellect to look right 8)

Still stands though, from a purely personal observation, that Valium seems to be easier to taper off with than Etiz.

Hey, that's ok feller, we can't all be geniuses like wot I is innit? (hence my spelling 'Xanax' as 'Zanax' :! )