• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ETH-LAD Powder: black, hydrostatic graphite like????

Fritztamine

Greenlighter
Ok pardon me if i am wrong but isn't eth-lad supposed to be a white crystalline powder or at least off white. The powder I got was very dark almost black powder that made a solution brown when concentrated. also it statically clings to a mylar foil strip i used to scoop it be care i made an unsafe mess on accident because of this. Still tested positive in a test kit as an indole like it should (purplish pinkish) and is mostly tasteless and active so i am sure its the same material everyone else has but my concern is that it is far less pure than we think based off how dark it is which ergoloids can have some nasty byproducts. Also i had the 1p-lsd powder and it was a nice chunky eggshell white so idk if the eth just gets way worse in a short time period.

I think that the second batch of AL-LAD was black or brownish too, and still the real deal. Very small amounts of impurities, like less than 1 %, can easily colour the whole compound strongly.

yeah I was going to say something along those lines, but I don't actually know tons about chemistry.

Don't sweat it.

The static charge thing is annoying though, especially with such a potent compound. I've had this happen before with less precious substances. What would be a good way to discharge the static electricity?

In the lab, we use a static gun to handle compounds like that. I don't know if there are any clever tricks that would allow you to handle it without a static gun.

Small quantities of impurities can cause significant changes in appearance, yes, but large changes in appearance are still a cause for concern. If your compound was supposed to be yellow and it was instead orange, or it was supposed to be white and was instead eggshell or light brown, it probably wouldn't be worth worrying about. A compound which is supposed to be white, and is instead black, probably has significant impurities.

Last edited:
My AL-LAD crystal is also brown but supposed to be pretty good quality (the same quality known to most who take it nowadays), and subjectively clean effect :)

Yea idk i personally feel like its definitely got impurities it still feels clean and is only slightly less potent than the silver crystal LSD i had a while back. But i laid some 30ug blotters to micro dose with and even a whole 30ug doesn't give me any discernable effects like shulgin described experiencing at just 20ug. I do love this chemical tho my micro doses have been awesomely helpful staying focused on tasks like reading chemistry problems and general memory retention improved a lot.

30 ug should clearly be above treshold, and not a microdose. I know that 35-40 ug was clearly discernable for me.

Your ETH-LAD most definitely must have impurities to a significant degree, that, or it isn't ETH-LAD.

I am getting it from the same place everyone in the us is getting it from that carries all three it is indeed what it is supposed just an issue with its color compared to their 1p-lsd but at 100ug it is extremely active. I just have a higher tolerance because i take either psilocybin 2cb or a lysergamides every day a micro dose for psilocybin for me is a half gram of cubensis i have been dosing every day since 2010 i started with 4-ho-met @ 5mg/day and had the most productive and happy and motivated part of my life for an entire 275 days i wrote up a detailed notebook on it i prefer it over psilocybin actually. But getting off topic anyways thanks for the responses guys