• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

escitalopram(lexapro)

airthe

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyone was ever put on this medication and if so did it help you or hurt you? and is there any recreational value? doc just put me on 10mg pills.

I have been on and off it for 10 tears. First was after cancer Treatments, for 4 years then 3 years off. Now I have been on 10 mgs again for 3 years. It helps me a great deal!
No recreational value at all that I know of. I have only ever taken as prescribed 10mgs once a day in the morning, at night and I can not sleep

No recreational value.

Dr prescribed it to me for depression. I took it daily for 2 months. I started to feel different somehow, not better not worse... just different in a way that's hard to explain. Decided to stop taking it before getting too dependent but still experienced some minor brain zaps and other weirdness for about a week.

So it didn't help me but I have a family member who says it helps him tremendously.

I'm on 40mgs of Lexapro and have been for about 5 years but I do not personally find it works for me so i'm probably going to go on something else, but just cause it doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you and everyone reacts differently to meds.

I also took prozac which is another SSRI and that USED to work but later did not.

Be sure not to go too long without taking it as withdrawals can sometimes kick in within 3-7 days in my case.

Sometimes in the past i'd run out and not get any for a while and think it was no biggie but about 6 weeks back i ran out and thought there was no rush to refill and started getting unpleasant electric shock symptoms so i went and got more and they immediately went away.

And NO, there is absolutely no recreational value to any SSRI whether its lexapro, prozac, zoloft, etc.

I have been on and off it for 10 tears. First was after cancer Treatments, for 4 years then 3 years off. Now I have been on 10 mgs again for 3 years. It helps me a great deal!
No recreational value at all that I know of. I have only ever taken as prescribed 10mgs once a day in the morning, at night and I can not sleep

So the drug helps you a lot but if you take it at night, you can't sleep - is that right?

No recreation value if any sort. It's just your standard anti depressant.

I was in it briefly for a couple months prior to my suicide attempt. And I guess trying to kill myself was taken as solid evidence that it hadn't cured my depression cause I was taken off it and put on duloxetine instead.

Quick question, if i took first time 5mg esci at morning will it hurt me if i will take tramadol same day or next day?

Quick question, if i took first time 5mg esci at morning will it hurt me if i will take tramadol same day or next day?
Escitalopram takes several weeks to have any sort of positive effects generally. That said it does enter your bloodstream after a few hours, it just takes time to work.

You are saying you're taking escitalopram for the first time?

Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold, so if you have any issues with epilepsy I would be wary of the combination.