• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

entoptic phenomenon more active, are my neurons more active?

Leaf Breeze

Greenlighter
I was just reading a little tiny article about entoptic phenomenon. I like to close my eyes and use the dots (the weird stuff you see light/mild mild color you see) and I'll stare at them and imagine stuff and it can change and do things. I have little adventures or explore my mind and just have a good old time in the dark. (not on drugs while doing this)

Well after psychedelics I was able to do much more of this. It feels like my creativity and my ability to do this stuff has gotten more tangible.

Are there any studies of neurons working better from powerful psychedelic experiences? I've only done it once but I feel like a bit of my chemistry has been changed in some ways. Not to mention my depression is (not gone) but significantly better.

EDIT: I read some more articles about entopic, and I don't think that's right, the article I read was misleading in it's description.

"visual snow", Phosphene or perhaps even close eyed hallucinations (level 1) at rest, and 2 if I try to manipulate the "snow" for long periods of time in the dark would all fit this better from the little I've read about it. Anyway.

Last edited:
What makes you think the visuals are entopic (occurring within the eye)? Aside from rubbing your eyes to set off visual artifacts, as I understand most entopic phenomena depend on light. Yet you see all this in the dark. It sounds more like HPPD without meeting the full criteria for HPPD, or that your psychedelic experiences are drawing your attention to something that was always there but went unnoticed.

What makes you think the visuals are entopic (occurring within the eye)? Aside from rubbing your eyes to set off visual artifacts, as I understand most entopic phenomena depend on light. Yet you see all this in the dark. It sounds more like HPPD without meeting the full criteria for HPPD, or that your psychedelic experiences are drawing your attention to something that was always there but went unnoticed.

I read a little bit more about entopic, I guess I read a bad article that described it wrong.

Like I said, this is something I could do before while in the dark or closing my eyes a while. My friends can do it, but they say they have to be very tired.

Before trying to create anything it looks like "visual snow" or perhaps Phosphene from what I've been reading, or perhaps even close eyed hallucinations (level 1) at rest, and 2 if I try to manipulate the "snow" for long periods of time in the dark.

I don't know if I'm describing my experience properly. But anyway, like I said, my non-drug friends can do this, and I could do it before drugs, I'm just curious what this phonominon is called.

Last edited:
@Leaf Breeze, if this sort of stuff tickles your fancy, you might be interested in fire kasina meditation. It may sound a bit intimidating, but it's actually really simple to get started.

The basic idea is that you stare at a light source - candle flame works best - while focusing your mind on it. After a couple of minutes of this, close your eyes, while remaining in a concentrated state - only now you're focusing on the "afterimage" of the flame. If you can maintain concentration, you will find that the afterimage starts to get a life of its own, so to speak. Give the audio-files at http://firekasina.org/ a listen - satisfaction guaranteed ;)

It works so well it's a little bit ridiculous.

@Leaf Breeze, if this sort of stuff tickles your fancy, you might be interested in fire kasina meditation. It may sound a bit intimidating, but it's actually really simple to get started.

The basic idea is that you stare at a light source - candle flame works best - while focusing your mind on it. After a couple of minutes of this, close your eyes, while remaining in a concentrated state - only now you're focusing on the "afterimage" of the flame. If you can maintain concentration, you will find that the afterimage starts to get a life of its own, so to speak. Give the audio-files at http://firekasina.org/ a listen - satisfaction guaranteed ;)

It works so well it's a little bit ridiculous.

haha, this actually reminds me of a Vulcan thing they did on star trek voyager. Not sure if you've seen that.

I'll check this out when I have more time :)

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy. \\//,

Fire kasina looks pretty interesting....I've done something similar by staring at a brightly-colored plate for a long time and watching how the color fades and afterimages form and pile on top of each other.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy. \\//,

Fire kasina looks pretty interesting....I've done something similar by staring at a brightly-colored plate for a long time and watching how the color fades and afterimages form and pile on top of each other.

I posted that before I learned about Nimoy. I think before it even got announced :/ sucks. Gonna miss him.