• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc "Enhanced efficacy and reduced side effects of diazepam by kava combination"

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I've never been sure how to interpret this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4294317/

I made a thread about it before but I don't think it was tagged correctly and I didn't really receive a response that answered my question, I also don't think I posted it in a very good place. I interpret this as kava reduces the effects of Diazepam, but I'm not sure. Improves efficacy but reduces side effects, but what would those side effects even be? Diazepam itself doesn't really cause any side effects that are negative and they're both sedatives though kava can be pretty heady, I'm on 40g of a blend of medium grind and about 10g of micronized and feel damn good. It tastes god awful but I forgot how great the stuff can make me feel even in really bad situations.

I recall reading a reddit post about how kava can work similarly to Flumazenil, but I don't know how true that is. I'm sure people have mixed benzos with kava all the time. Since I took Valium 5 hours it's mostly worn off anyway. Kava did help me get through withdrawals last week even though it's not binding to any of the sites benzos do, minus some GABA-A activity I think. Anyway yeah, curious if someone can really explain this study to me. ADHD makes me prone to overthink, I mean I think I understand mostly what it's talking about but the very title is what confuses me. How could it enhance Diazepam and reduce side effects? If anything adding more sedatives into the mix would just increase the side effects if anything.

l love kava but man does it taste like shit... and it really sticks around on your tongue.