• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology Enhanced efficacy and reduced side effects of diazepam by kava combination

This thread contains discussion about a Pharmacology-related topic

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
So I've read over this study but I'm not entirely sure I understand what it's trying to say. Increases it's effects but decreases side effects, wouldn't that mean decreased effects in general? I don't know, it seems like since starting kava it's like Diazepam doesn't hit me the same. It could be in my head, I haven't slept great lately and when I don't sleep much basically any drug won't hit me as well unless it's a psychedelic or THC or something.

If someone can dissect this and understand it exactly that'd be helpful. I'm kind of a mess sometimes when it comes to reading big walls of text like this in ncbi studies. In other words, ADHD too strong and tendency to overthink. Maybe I get it, maybe I don't.

No, not at all. Regular benzo users generally don’t notice side effects because brain tunes into mode in which it depends on benzos to function normally and body also starts accepting it as chemical normally present. Subtle degradation of brain and other toxicity is usually not noticed as side effect you connect directly with dosing benzos but with time they occur to bigger or lesser extent.

And “use as needed” benzo users who are not reckless generally don’t notice side effects because effects hugely overpower them or even if they are not overpowered really, most users are too high/sedated/asleep/relaxed to notice them.

I wont go into specifics but think of it simply as effects – drug does what’s intended, side effects – all of unwanted effects varying from user to user in intensity and occurrence.

I never had any real side effects to Diazepam except when I started it. If I took too much I could fell nauseous. And by too much I mean 5mg lol.

Well there’s a reason why there are 2mg pills. I have a benzo naive friend who got 3 x 2mg pills daily for few weeks after operation and he told me after he stopped with diaz, he figured out only than he liked it and misses using them and while using them he didn’t notice any high or really noticeable effects at all.

I remember taking 3mg of clonazepam for a first time and with no benzo tolerance, I WAS SMASHED. I thought person having them was cheap and doesn’t want to give me more than a 1.5 pill because of that and not because of worrying about my well-being. I thought, going by logic, well there are 2, 5 and 10mg diazepam pills and I can take 5 strongest, smoke and hardly feel it, than 1.5 pills of clonazepam wont do anything, o boy I was REALLY wrong. Nowadays, even after big tolerance break from all gabanerics I would hardly feel 3mg beyond some mild relaxation.

It gave me a pretty great high for awhile, but it's faded a lot by now due to tolerance, just helps with anxiety. Meanwhile I've done Temazepam at a pretty high dose and felt literally nothing but slightly dizzy and that's one of many peoples favorites.