Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

End of an era

west.heidelberg

Bluelighter
On the tram yesterday down Bourke Street, going past Russell I noticed the dingy little arcade there had closed down. It was well before my time but it seems to have been part of junkie folklore, or at least Herald Sun hyperbole. Was it as significant as suggested?

Thanks heaps, it's something I'm interested in from a historical viewpoint, so I'd love people to keep posting and id love to pick some brains

....so long as we keep away from current day street sourcing, orright folks?

Following on from what space said, I've unapproved a post which mentioned specific streets and areas. I can see this thread is going to tread a thin line between acceptable and not, because it's going to be easy for people to mention areas that are still going, and we can't have that here. It's too risky, there's too much chance it'll draw negative attention. Anything that highlights a particular suburb and even more importantly, a street, as being areas where heroin or other drugs are found now isn't allowed, it's too dangerous. Please everyone be careful not to mention particular areas - it's for Bluelight's good but also for the good of the people who still rely on certain places to score.

About Russell St, I know nothing much has happened there for ten years at least, though I'm not sure when exactly things died down. A friend did tell me about a funny story from there though, when a guy asked him 'are you chasin'..?' And he said 'Jason? Nah my name's Jimmy!'

Sorry about my post you had to remove- it's strange if it was another drug or some other information like "shop X in XXX sells whatever under the counter or something" obviously there is no way I would have posted it.. But as it was I was just thinking in the context of culture - specifically I was just referring to those places as cultural identities and didn't really consider the practical implications of what I was saying, any way, my bad. Sorry!

A friend did tell me about a funny story from there though, when a guy asked him 'are you chasin'..?' And he said 'Jason? Nah my name's Jimmy!'

Ha ha that happened to me in a Melbourne suburb. I was strolling along & a guy started asking me if I was chasin? I said my names not Jason mate you got the wrong guy. Now I don't know what I would say :?