• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Emulator brought me back to a 10yo kid!

wirkdy

Bluelighter
I never had any personal video game consoles as a kid, I used to borrow some time with the snes or ps1 of a relative of mine but the asshole was never willing to lend them to me because: "no! I don't allow you to play...you're gonna finish the game before me!". In fact I finished first the unforgettable Donkey Kong for the snes :LOL:
Later I ended up buying a console that always fascinated me but was too expensive, the great N64, I bought it when it was retired in the year 2000 and I was already not a kid anymore.

I used and enjoyed it (Zelda majora's mask, 007 the world is not enough, fight night 2000, Shadow man, mario 64, DK...) for a couple of years and then stopped playing video games with just a very short break with Morrowind for PC in 2002, stunning game back then which unfortunately was almost impossible for me since I knew no English.

Fast forward to summer 2022, I was just browsing around the web when I came across the GameCube emulator for PC, let's try it I said, the GC was a console I briefly thought about buying back then but never did...so I loaded a rom (mario sunshine) just to see what graphics it has on a pc emulator... wow it looks impressively good for being an emulator and I was already downloading Capcom VS SNK, that game looked and sounded fantastic and brought me back to the excitement a 10yo kid has when playing video games.

Next morning I purchased a beautiful x box styled controller and for like a month I relived time I only had when I was a young kid. If you want to have those feelings again too try a console emulator for pc, it is worth it!

Below are some games I briefly played that brought me good feelings and nostalgia, there are so many good ones for the GameCube it is truly unbelievable! Now I lost again the interest in playing but if it will be back I got a nice controller and will try other great games! ;)
capcom-vs-snk-2-eo-cover.cover_300x.jpg

auto-modellista-cover.cover_300x.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-cover.cover_300x.jpg

mario-kart-double-dash-cover.cover_300x.jpg

gc_goblin_commander_p_rpdm44.jpg

I go back periodically to revisit the games of my youth. But nearly every time, after about 20min I simply can't take the crappy graphics (that were AWESOME back then) or the simplified paper thin depth of gameplay. I try, I just can't do it. (nod to the original warcraft/starcraft).

I love emulators but the last time I had a PC it couldn't have handled a GameCube emulator.

i love Nintendo switch online and they are making strides with their virtual console library, but it's still going waaay too slow.

I'm planning on getting an android TV box soon for movies and gaming (including emulators). They are cheap. The ones I'm looking at are like $30.

I already have a decent Bluetooth controller for gaming.