Site Feedback Emoticon idea that i think would be funny and handy

420Sebastior

Ex-Bluelighter
I'd really enjoy a facepalm emote, i've seen them on other websites i think, you know what i mean?
Would it be possible to make one of those you think?

I talked to a mod about it and told me to post it here so here we go

I think that this would just make it an easy way to be derogatory without directly rule breaking.

For example: "Facepalm, that is the dumbest thing i've ever read" would be moderated.

A simple facepalm emoticon would promote derogatory responses which may slip by the current rule set.

I can see people writing comments that contain only a facepalm which in my eyes is as bad as just saying "Idiot" or "Retard" which would warrant possible warnings for abuse.

facepalm.gif

alasdair

i like our minimal icons. i remember a few years ago when the <3 finally got added

^ I like BL's minimal icons, too. Not to mention, as alasdairm demonstrated, if users want to use other emoticons they're more than free to. ;)

^ I "3rd" the idea of keeping the emoticons to a minimum and manually typing them in if wanting to use any that are not in the default settings. This is, afterall, a harm reduction website so I don't see how the addition of emoticons such as the one mentioned in this thread would be of any important addition to such a HR mission.

If you want to use the facepalm one from alasdairms post then here is your solution. Type in the url + code below.
[img]http://forums.zantive.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif[/img]