• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Embeda and white grapefruit juice

Sasha88

Bluelighter
Hi all,
I have some embedas and have been soaking the beads in liquid (water w lemon juice, soda etc) and catching a buzz/ staving off oxy withdrawal for the past few days.
It doesn't seem to matter what I soak it in, or really how long I do it for... 30 min, two hours, I still get the same effect, which is fine. At least it's helping me.

Now I'm almost out of the embeda (of course) and wanna get the most bang for my buck. If I soak my remaining embeda beads in white grapefruit juice, would that help potentiate the morphine in it without disturbing the wax coated naloxone? Or can I soak it in something else and then just drink the white grapefruit juice after and get the same effect? Or doesn't it really matter?

Im looking to take them kinda soon so if anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.
Thanks!
Sasha

Hmm
it can be kinda slow around here when asking about embeda.... and i get it. Embeda sucks! But if u have them and are going through withdrawals, then they are pretty helpful if u soak the beads. Taking them orally does zip.

anyway I think I might go for it and soak it in the white grapefruit juice. My unsubstantiated fear was that it could potentiate the naloxone, but that would mean it would have to break down its wax enclosure... and I've soaked this stuff in 100% lemon juice and I was totally fine... no PW. I don't think white grapefruit juice is more acidic than lemon juice....

anyway I'll prob start my soak soon.... I'll still check here for just in case anyone responds before I do it.
If it turns out to be a really good thing (or really bad) I'll let y'all know. Fingers crossed!

Ok so I did it. I'm fine. No precipitated withdrawal. Im sure I feel more of a buzz and more relaxed. Could be placebo but I'm fighting a nasty oxy withdrawal so I'll take what I can get. I feel pretty good all things considered... aka embeda sucks... but I'm grateful to
BL as you guys showed me that it WAS possible to somewhat get around the ER of this drug.

When I take my last dose tomorrow, I'll do the grapefruit juice thing again. Can't wait til i get my next oxy script and try to potentiate it with that.

Anyway i just wanted to report back.
happy Friday!
sasha

Hey sasha,
Unfortunately Grapefruit juice doesn't do much for MS as it's metabolized through Glucuronidation.

" Morphine is metabolized primarily into morphine-3-glucuronide (M3G) and morphine-6-glucuronide (M6G)[60] via glucuronidation by phase II metabolism enzyme UDP-glucuronosyl transferase-2B7 (UGT2B7). About 60% of morphine is converted to M3G, and 6–10% is converted to M6G.[61]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine . I know, I'm a lazy shite for using wikipedia as reference.

White Grapefruit juice helps with drugs metabolized by CYP-3A4, but won't change much as far as Glucuronidation metabolism. Good idea for the Codones , methadone, some benzos, etc.

Take care.

Everything I have read outside of BL says doing anything at all to tamper with Embeda will for sure cause severe onset of withdrawal symptoms?? Also if Embeda prevents the so called “euphoria” of opiates does it also counteract the pain relief that you would normally get from oxy 15 IR ? I am supposed to take that four times per day and Embeda 20-0.8 two times per day. Seems like Embeda would interfere with the 15 mg oxycodone? They are both new meds for me. Any answer appreciated if anyone knows anything about it please.