• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Embeda 60mg and Avinza 40mg....safest way to prep

Star_Beast

Greenlighter
Ok i just want to start by saying that recently i was prescribed these two meds due to my already high tolerance to opiates.

I was wondering the safest way to prep these medications without worrying about the xtended release properties. The Embeda can be crushed and snorted but its reeeeally difficult and Avinza is easily crushed but can NOT be snorted(Learned that the agonizingly burning hard way). My current method is crush Avinza and mix with some soda and the embeda i have snorted a few times after a hour of grinding the stuff up. there has to be a better more effecient way(hell there may not be) These are both morphine btw and i dont not practice IV use.

another Question i have is that i have been on Norco for about 5 years now and for the longest time it gave me great highs and of course my tolerance went up and up but as of lately i can pop 50-70 pills at a time and nothing. I was wondering if i was just ruined to it now or if maybe i stopped eating them for a few months will i get some of that euphoria back

just seeing if anybody had any tips and suggestions

appreciate any tips

Last edited by a moderator:
we all like to have fun here obviously but we can't flat out tell you how to abuse the drug in question. we're here for drug harm reduction, not using promotion. a lot of it comes down to the wording of your questions here and for that reason i'm going to edit your to fit the posting standards (link in my sig).

the questions you want answered have been asked plenty and can be found using the search engine, or alternatively checking out the OD Directory in my signature.

welcome to bluelight, sorry to ruin your first post by editing it a bit, don't let it deter you! we're really not a bunch of nazi's...much of the time.

by all means i was kinda of worried after i posted it that i worded it toooo bluntly anyways

first i wanted to point out that if you are popping 50 norcos without doing a CWE you are taking about 16g or 16,000mg APAP (Tylenol) and that can literally kill your liver.. so i just hope you are doing a CWE (cold water extraction) if not there is a thread in OD that will teach you how if you dont know how..

and about the pill that's hard to crush(embeda) which im not sure if its a tab or cap but if it's a tablet then.. have you tried a foot file or the hose clamp method ( make the hose clamp straight by loosening it all the way so its not a circle anymore and one side will be smooth and the other kinda like a cheese grater, use the grater type side and grate the pill up and down the clamp and it *should* make it into a powder or chunks that are easier to crush than a whole pill) and a foot file is pretty much the same, just file the pill into a powder. And if it's a capsule with beads that are hard to crush/grind, try getting a mortar and pestle to crush them with, should be a lot easier with that.

hope i helped at least a little bit :)

Have fun. Stay safe. %)

Last edited:
I hope you're exaggerating, but if you're not, and you have really taken fifty Norco's at one time, or even throughout the course of one day, then you should go have a liver function test performed immediately.

i actually have liver tests done every month....itsa bitch, but i seem to have amazing liver function even my doc is suprised. Though they are trying to ween me thus the reason for changing up my meds. yah the Embeda is like lil waxy balls that are a bitch to grind, lolz.

thx for responses though

You do realize that embeda contains naltrexone, right? If you crush up the beads as if you were preparing to IV or snort it, it releases the naltrexone, thus putting you into precipitated withdrawals.

At least, that is what I was told by one of my older pm docs. But the amount of naltrexone is pretty low , only 2mg for the 30's and 4mg for the 100's. I always thought that naltrexone was given in much higher doses, such as 50mg.....I almost wonder if it is not even enough naltrexone to actually block out all of that morphine. Would someone be able to shed more light onto this? I currently have alot of embeda from previous scripts, and would love to know if infact the morphine would break through the low dose of naltrexone.

Last edited:
Help

you do realize that embeda contains naltrexone, right? If you crush up the beads as if you were preparing to iv or snort it, it releases the naltrexone, thus putting you into precipitated withdrawals.

At least, that is what i was told by one of my older pm docs. But the amount of naltrexone is pretty low , only 2mg for the 30's and 4mg for the 100's. I always thought that naltrexone was given in much higher doses, such as 50mg.....i almost wonder if it is not even enough naltrexone to actually block out all of that morphine. Would someone be able to shed more light onto this? I currently have alot of embeda from previous scripts, and would love to know if infact the morphine would break through the low dose of naltrexone.
help

You do realize that embeda contains naltrexone, right? If you crush up the beads as if you were preparing to IV or snort it, it releases the naltrexone, thus putting you into precipitated withdrawals.

At least, that is what I was told by one of my older pm docs. But the amount of naltrexone is pretty low , only 2mg for the 30's and 4mg for the 100's. I always thought that naltrexone was given in much higher doses, such as 50mg.....I almost wonder if it is not even enough naltrexone to actually block out all of that morphine. Would someone be able to shed more light onto this? I currently have alot of embeda from previous scripts, and would love to know if infact the morphine would break through the low dose of naltrexone.
Any answers?