• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ego Death

Ego death is more likely if you practice things like kundalini yoga in daily life and have deeper understanding of your own being with self inquiry. Cessation of self can occur completely sober during advanced kundalini yoga.

I use to chase ego death at one stage and it led to a series of very bad trips. Now days i don't and can have very deep insights without it so the moments of ego death that do occur i usually appreciate as a wonderful memory if it went well or try block it out if it was a nightmare setting.

Well these days I generally just watch trippy videos, meditate while listening to music, sometimes play video games or random other crap. I used to be more adventurous and go into nature or go to events or concerts. I honestly stopped trying to go for ego death a long time ago. Idk I just try to have fun these days I've tripped probably about 200 times over about 18 years if I were to guess.

Now that I think about it I may have experienced ego death one time on 400ug LSD and 2 big DMT hits. Insane combo!

And well on DMT alone I've had a few rough trips where I thought I was dying, but it was completely negative and horrible with no insight.
Yeah, it sounds like natural big tolerance to psychs.

If you want to try at least one more time, i would recommend you to do 5-MeO-DMT, in silence and 0 distractions.

Also maybe you had had ego death and you are thinking is other thing.

This phrase of ego death is Nowdays so used in spiritual and Psychedelic communities, I'm sure not everybody agrees is the same.

I consider ego death when you stop existing. Colours forms, perceptions still appear, but the "You" looking through the eyes has completely dissappeared..not as a metaphor.

I remember the first time this happened and it wasn't a big dose. I had done a small amount of 4-AcO-DMT and I was just preparing another dose in the kitchen because it hasn't fully "hit it me" (Naive me LOL), when 'ego death' happened. I was no longer a human moving a spoon with his hands. I literally became the spoon and I realized I am inside my own dream as God.

There has been other times of altered state of consciousness, but I don't consider them ego death because there was a belief there was somebody or someone perceiving something. But maybe other people that had tapped only to those states and not "the experience of the spoon" may call those states as achieving ego death.

Yet somebody who might have experienced "the experience of the spoon" + some even other crazy state even more radical (hard to imagine, but I'm sure the Universe can surprise at this point) might not call what I experienced ego death and he might have another expectation for that word...

As you can see is all deeply relative

ego death has different levels aswell. Their is a soft ego death and hard ego death. Ego death can also be a process that continues over a series of trips