View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ego Death

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Is there any tips that could help me ground myself other then mediation if I ever work myself up to that level.

I've only gotten total disconnection from this realm on DMT breakthrough doses, nothing could've really prepared me for it....

As for like 5g mushrooms meditation practice definitely helps if you're struggling.

what drug / dose are you planning?

Dancing

Drumming

Singing

Externalize it, meditation is internalization in a sense

Managed it before on high grade ganja and high dose of l.s.d,
I still have a tune ingrained from the point of me braking threw, it goes " marjuiwana it makes me calma "
So yeah I can imagine meditation would make the "hole" thing more autonomous.
It has you rather than you it.
But maybe that's the only way any way,
I certainly felt a sense of understanding suminworth knowing, that we are part of an eternal time loop, and with that my mind became a beckoning contradiction that new then didn't no and thus could not distinguish that what I was experiencing was different from the environment that I inhabited . I will never be the same...what better tool for making sense of what's meant to be made sense of.

Ego death is a natural process but extremely rare even with my heavy psychedelic use I can go long periods without ego death usually only achieving it once a year sometimes nearly 40 trips between them for full ego death unless dosing slot of dmt or 5meo. Mediation can help out stay grounded during the entire trip. Mediating on the trip can boost your trip. Ego death is scary even after the first couple times and can lead to a bad trip if fought. But if you get experienced and master the trip ego death will be very life changing short thing. Chasing ego death is not recommended and will happen out of the blue on a trip when you truly less expect it

for me mushrooms are the only hallucinogen that caused ego death , dmt just puts me in another dimension but my identity is still there

Like others have said there has to be more to ego death than just taking large amounts of psychedelics.

I've been a psychedelic fiend for my whole life. I've taken HUGE doses of LSD, DMT, mushrooms, etc... One time dosed LSD, DMT, mushrooms and LSA in the same night. Was severely fucked up flopping around like a fish in my bed with wild hallucinations.... but no ego death.

I've never experienced ego death or anything close to it, as people describe it.

There has to be something more to it than just dosing yourself.

I've desperately wanted to experience it but it seems to consistently elude me.

Honestly I stopped trying to achieve it awhile go.

I feel like I've certainly taken enough to achieve it, but never did. I have had "spiritual experiences", I've talked to aliens and gods... but never experienced ego death as it as described.

Like others have said there has to be more to ego death than just taking large amounts of psychedelics.

Yeah, I agree.

My 7g mushroom trip was fucking mental (and beautiful and amazing) but no ego death. My "regular" LSD doses back in that day were also devoid.

guaranteed,
what different people call ego death is different in each case, and it is neither death, nor a simple epiphany.

each is on their own path, the most spectacular parts of which will be personal and finding words to describe this personal thing will take a lot of creativity, more than most of us are used to using. SO expect the tales of ego death to be idiosyncratic, and allow yourself to experience your own mysteries and revelations, epiphanies, insights, joys.

I've been a psychedelic fiend for my whole life. I've taken HUGE doses of LSD, DMT, mushrooms, etc... One time dosed LSD, DMT, mushrooms and LSA in the same night. Was severely fucked up flopping around like a fish in my bed with wild hallucinations.... but no ego death.

I've never experienced ego death or anything close to it, as people describe it.

There has to be something more to it than just dosing yourself.

I've desperately wanted to experience it but it seems to consistently elude me.

Honestly I stopped trying to achieve it awhile go.

I feel like I've certainly taken enough to achieve it, but never did. I have had "spiritual experiences", I've talked to aliens and gods... but never experienced ego death as it as described.
What do you do in your trips? Maybe you have a natural high tolerance to psychedelics.

What do you do in your trips? Maybe you have a natural high tolerance to psychedelics.
Well these days I generally just watch trippy videos, meditate while listening to music, sometimes play video games or random other crap. I used to be more adventurous and go into nature or go to events or concerts. I honestly stopped trying to go for ego death a long time ago. Idk I just try to have fun these days I've tripped probably about 200 times over about 18 years if I were to guess.

Now that I think about it I may have experienced ego death one time on 400ug LSD and 2 big DMT hits. Insane combo!

And well on DMT alone I've had a few rough trips where I thought I was dying, but it was completely negative and horrible with no insight.

Last edited:
when people come panicking "im having an ego-death" ... i usually answer Theres no I in ego-death"