• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Effective opium extraction from seeds or straw

Benzodylan

Greenlighter
so for quite a while i have been experimenting with different techniques for extracting smokeable opium from poppy seeds and straw.
Last week i came up with a an extraction that surpassed every prior attempt (its worth to say that i have no professional training or equipment other than a vacuum filter, electronic ph meter, a good amount of test tubes and pipets. I also had a 500 ml seperatory funnel and 500ml flask wich both broke.)

work in a well ventilated area

On to the extraction what you will need are the following.

chemicals

1. 500gr of either unwashed poppy seed, or dried poppy straw

1. 750ml methanol

1. 250ml naphta

1. Acetone (optional)

materlials

1. Cheese cloth

1. 1l glass jar
    Turkey baster, pipet, large syringe or idealy a seperatory funnel
    Funnel
    Coffee filters
    Hotplate
    Pyrex dish
    cotton balls (optional)
    Vacuum filter (optional)
    Saucepan

When altering quantitys make sure to change everything correctly!

Step 1: measure out 500 grams of poppy seeds, if you're using straw make sure its bone dry and grind it into a powder. Put this in the 1l jar and and add the metanol.

Step 2: let it macerate for at least six hours shking it for 5 to ten minutes every half hour or so. The water now has a dark brown blackish color. Filter the liquid trough a cheescloth and save the liquid.

Step 3: poor the liquid in a saucepan and let it avaporare on medium heat,until about a third of the liquid is left. We dont want it to become too visqous. !use the fume hood!

Step 4: filter the solution first throu a cheesecloth and then trough 2 coffee filters in a funnel. Save the liquid and discard of filtrate

if you evaporate the liquid it can already be smoked as opium. The following steps are purely for purification.

Step 5:
Add the liquid to a glass jar (prefferably a seperatory funnel) and add about 1 part of a nonpolar solvent like tolueen, xyleen or naphta for every 3 parts opiate solution. Shake this vigorously for 5 minutes, then let it stand for 5 minutes and again shake it for 5 minutes. Let the muxture settle into two distintive layers, remove the top solvent and discard it.
You might want to repeat this step several times.

Step 6: evaporate the resulting liquid in a pyrex dish under a fume hood. Scrape up the residue that depending on the materials used and the quality of the plant material it should be a light brown powder.

This can be smoked on tin foil and produces a euphoric and sedating high. As with al opioids its best to start with small doses and always keep a narcan kit handy.

acetylising

Acetylising opiates changes their bioavailability. Smoking heroin hcl is no more than a waste of smack

Luckely there is a very easy method for altering the ph of chemicals. And the materials needed are commonly found around the house.
To acetylise our opiate derivative we need hydrochloric acid 23%.
Put the powder in a test tube or spoon, cover (dont dissolve it) with the acid. Gently heat it up keeping it hot enough for the reaction to happen but not to hot as to burn it. When nearly all acid has evporated. Then put it on a raduator or somewhere warm for the rest of the acid to evaporate.

If you want to purify the product even further you can by simply put it a a test tube and add about 5 times as much acetone, cap it and shake it for about five minutes. As it settles you can see the acetone has becomecloudy with impurities (including some unwanted opiates).
Pour the mixture through a double coffee filter and discard the liquid. Wash the filtrate 3 to 5 times with acetone, and dry.

This should result in a beige to whitish substance wich can be snorted or capsuled for oral use.

50mg was insuflated wich produced intence sedation and euphoria. The high lasted until i fell asleep

Pictures will be added soon

DO NOT INJECT

There is way too much misinformation on this sight and the above post is a perfect example. So your saying that
a methanol solution can be mixed with xylene or toluene and it forms 2 layers.nope toluene or xylene will dissolve into the methanol.without water in there it'll just mix together.as far as acetylating the morphine you need an acetylating agent with an acetyl group.acetic anhydride, acetyl chloride or glacial acetic acid.hydrochloric acid has no acetyl group and it is 67%water.water stops the morphine being acetylated.it kills the reaction between the two.by adding acid you just made the HCL salt of morphine.thats it.nothing else.you didn't acetylate anything and I don't think you actually did any of this because as someone who has done alcohol extractions of plants and then added toluene I know that unless waters in there it does not seperate.you also misunderstand how or why you would use adjusting the p.h. in refining this.too much misinformation on this site.

Up until step 5 you were doing fine.but step 5 is where the bullshit starts.you would have absolutely no reason to adjust the pH.if you evaporate the methanol completely and then heat in toluene xylene or naptha you might get a brown powder because the fats oils waxes and other crud will dissolve but the salt form of morphine which is the form it's in inside the plant and the form it's still in now doesn't dissolve in the non polar.

too much misinformation on this site.

Then I hope you'll stick around and help make it better. We do have quite a few very knowledgeable people over in the neuroscience and pharmacology subforum. :)

Last edited:
Yeah I'll be around.ppl need truth and facts not misinformation and half researched half thought-out ideas that that were heard second hand from someone who doesn't know anything about the topic who heard it from some half-baked halfwit.not to sound condescending it's just for the last twenty years I've heard so much bullshit touted as truth which couldn't be further from the factual truth.

This is very interesting .. can someone confirm the first few steps 1-4 is good enough to make a snortable substance? How do you know when all the methanol is gone? Once it's basically a powder?

I can confirm that the methanol won't leave a powder it will leave a goo that will probably be hard to dry.it won't be snortable.the methanol will be gone once it's no longer a liquid and no longer smells like alcohol.heating in a non polar solvent like xylene or naptha might help with dissolving some of the crud that isn't what you want.my personal recommendation is this would still be a few steps from a snortable product.