• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ecstasy, Speed 40’s to old to try?

ShannonEs

Greenlighter
I’m in my forty’s and I’ve been offered stimulant medications. How old is to old to have increased risk of death? Do you know anyone that takes stimulants this old? I’m figuring pscyhedelics would be safe such as salvia, mushrooms, dmt etc and also think depressants would be okay like Percocet etc but what about stimulants? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Shannon, welcome to the fold :)

I agree with what Negrogesic and others have stated. It is really dependent upon your general health and how you approach the use of these drugs. There are plenty of 50 year old folks in much better health than others in their early 20's.

In short, you shouldn't worry about hurting yourself with these drugs just because you're 40. As we always say here, using safe and responsibly is the key to having the most positive experience. There is a big difference between say, injecting Methamphetamine every day and swallowing a couple of Dextroamphetamine capsules intermittently.

If you're just looking to experiment, I would just recommend taking it slow and utilizing all of the great resources we have here on BL and the wider Harm Reduction community.

With that in mind, why don't you let us know whe you have a more specific idea of what you're going to use and how you will use it. We can advise you on dosage, recovery/aftercare and everything in between. I look forward to hearing from you!

I’m in my forty’s and I’ve been offered stimulant medications. ... Do you know anyone that takes stimulants this old?

Are you talking about taking stimulants at therapeutic doses or recreational doses? I was prescribed dexamfetamine at about age 44 or so and have had no problems (I also take lots of other things recreationally and have had no problems). When I was prescribed the stims I had a total physical and saw a cardiologist though and got a clean bill of health.

Yeah, you're good to roll. Make sure you clear your mind before and take settings very seriously.

I’m in my forty’s and I’ve been offered stimulant medications. How old is to old to have increased risk of death? Do you know anyone that takes stimulants this old? I’m figuring pscyhedelics would be safe such as salvia, mushrooms, dmt etc and also think depressants would be okay like Percocet etc but what about stimulants? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
In my forties and on Dextro-Amphetamin 35mg a day. My new dr. checks my heart pressure and tempo regularly. Which I think is exceptionally proffesional.

My blood pressure is too low. And heartrate normal. But if your bloodpressure is too high. That is a contra indication for taking stimulant medication's.

So def check that out.

Thanks a lot for yalls responses! We are sort of obese. I used to be very slim but adderall no longer suppressed my appetite, stopped doing that along time ago.

My husband is overweight but is generally healthy doesn’t take medications of any kind besides allergy medicine when allergies are bothering him.

Me however, I’m on 30mg adderall 3x day (90mg daily) , take 4mg rexulti, take half strip of suboxone, 0.5 klonopin x3 day or as needed sometimes I have to take an extra one. I pop a lot of b12. I couldn’t even give an estimate of how much.

I use to do a lot of ecstasy basically every couple of days for about two years. Now I’m much older and husband is a total noob. Now that we’re older and although our heart health is good (mine as been tested due to my panic attacks, me thinking I was having a heart attack but they assure me it’s just my anxiety) we are working on our weight problem.

We are by no means morbidly obese, but considered overweight or obese. I’m 5’8 and weigh almost 200. Husband is 5’7 weighs 230 he estimates. Despite our weight, we eat extremely healthy.

I used to have liver disease but don’t anymore after cutting sugar from our diet. Our diet is well balanced and my husband always remarks how much water I drink that I’m the most hydrated person he’s ever known. We have somewhat of a keto diet no sugar.

I really want to thank everyone for their very thoughtful and insightful responses. Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated.

We plan on trying this in a couple of years when hopefully our weight is more under control and after our daughter has moved out off to college. We would be mid forties.

40s isn't really old man. You're not 25 (peak age for health, brain stops developing etc) anymore that's for sure or even that close to it, but I can't imagine there being anything so regressed in a normal 40somethings health that some fun with MDMA or speed is out of the question. If that's what you want, go ahead.

Some of the most hardcore people I've ever met are in their 40s and up. Some of these harder drugs out there like meth and MDMA and the likes which are so prevalent now have been around that long with their escalations beginning aroundcthe 90s or so. Some of that crowd still parties hard. That's not necessarily something to aspire to be but if they can still handle that kind of regular use, you most likely can handle trying something out.

40s isnt old at all.. I'd save it for your 60s before worrying about that my opinion.