• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ecstasy and Menstruation (not for the squeamish)

Cynnamin

Bluelighter
Alright.. I've searched EVERYWHERE for info on this... does/can E affect a woman's menstrual cycle?? I've narrowed my lack of a cycle down as much as I can without going to a doctor and it seems that MDxx is one of the only things left that could be affecting it. I'm not pregnant {hooray} but I've asked around and heard from certain females that MDMA can affect the effectiveness of birth control pills... as well as reading news articles on how women can die from drinking too much water on MDMA b/c their bodies can't absorb it... and hearing about how it has messed up cycles or stopped them completely... I'd appreciate an informed opinion on this {RaverDoc?}
smile.gif

Thx..
smile.gif

sorry i can't give you a medical answer, just my own experience...for the first two months when i began rollin, i didn't get my period at all. i couldn't figure out anything else that could have caused this, and from the searches i did, saw that the same thing has happened to others.

hey
I have trouble with my periods when i take e as well and it seems to take only one e or even less.
Usually, my periods are regular but when i take e theyre all over the place, i often get my period really early (like 2 weeks early) and get it again 2 weeks later at the normal time and i also get pmt symptoms all through my period instead of a week before, charming.
I've had pap smears which have been negative as well.
Anyways, would be interested to hear other girls experiences.

*Closes eye's and screams!* "MOMMY!?!?!?"
------------------
Are you interested in starting a rave scene in Milwaukee? You... can help! I am looking for Dj's and staff to help promote a party. If you may aid me by spinning or promoting please email me at [email protected]
[This message has been edited by MildKandy (edited 10 December 2000).]

I know that most antibiotics (Amoxil, Penicillin..etc) can affect the birth control pills.
I'm not taking any birth control pills but last week i got prescribed penillin from my doctor and the pharmacist mentioned to me this fact.
A lot of factors can cause change in the menstrual cycle..most common being pregnancy (obv) but also lack of nutrition- food. And chronic stress/worry.
In itself i don't think Mdxx does directly stop periods (but correct me if i'm wrong please)
The only time i have had any probs with my period was when i wasn't eating too well.
Good luck and once again this is only my thoughts i am not mediacally trained or anything
smile.gif

i find that everything effects my menstrual cycle. e, stress, the pill, diet, ect.

MDMA causes a transient stress reaction in human body.
Levels of prolactin and cortisol are temporarily elevated.
Prolactin also inhibits secretion of GnRH from the
hypothalamus and blocks the action of gonadotropins (FSH and LH)
on the gonads. These hormonal effects are the reason why ecstasy
can mess up the menstrual cycle on some women.

oh sure, stress, bad diets, pilling and so also effect my cycle, but christ, I haven't had my period for six months. Not even a hint, a small cramp to suggest it's finally had enough fucking around.....nnnooooo!
Mind you, I'm not so much against not having it, but would like to know what the hells go on here? I'm usually as predictable as, well, high tides and the full moon!

Any significant stress to your body/mind (such as a night of rolling) can make your periods go haywire. As for the Pill, my research has suggested that MDMA does NOT interfere with birth control pills. So roll on!! Just be careful -- don't take your pill right before you roll or you might experience nausea and throw it up.

well it seems X has the exact opposite effect on me....
every single time i roll, i have to go prepared , because i ALWAYS start to bleed.
it usually only last a few hours or maybe a day or two...
im on birth control as well, but not the pill( im on depo provera).
its extremely frazzling and it also worries me.....coz i know its not normal at all. i dont know if its the shot that is causing it, but ive been getting very odd reactions everytime i roll now ( intense shaking, and various other body tricks that lead people to think im about to die or something....
frown.gif

ooooooo i hate being a girl......
------------------
::heaven holds a sense of wonder/and i wanted to believe/that id get caught up when the rage in me subsides::

Okay that is very odd... I was on depo-provera when I first started rolling and I noticed no side effects like that... and with depo you aren't supposed to bleed at ALL... spot once in awhile but that's supposed to be the most that occurs... hrm. I've been waiting for my period to come back so I could get back on depo {i *love* it} and not have to worry about getting a period or pregnant...
frown.gif