• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Ears ringing AFTER cocaine use

Wheytoomuch24gps

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I started dabbling in coke via insuffulation 5 months ago. Progressed from once a month to a couple weekends in a row in January. Last time i had some was last weekend. Im retiring from this drug after reading way too many horror stories and id like to quit while im ahead. One problem, ive been having a constant buzz in my ear since sunday/monday this week and last use was on saturday. Is it possible that i have tinnitus going forward due to cocaine use? If so, that sucks. Each time, a copious amount of coke was inhaled.

Has anyone experienced this? And will it reduce once drug use is suspended?

Thanks

I believe tinnitus is a pretty common side-effect of a lot of stimulant drug use.

I think it should ease and hopefully stop if you cease using the drug in question, but it may be caused by other factors.
It would be worth getting it checked out by a doctor if it continues longer term and is really bothering you

Thanls for the reply. You dont really think youre abusing something until you are. Hopefully the germans are coming up with a fix for this.

My ears ring all the time from amphetamine I'd be more concerned though in your case because it sounds like it lasts longer then the effects.

Definitely experienced in the ear ringing but if you stopped Saturday and it wasn't gone by Tuesday you should prolly take that as a sign to get checked out.

I'd definitely make an appointment with your GP with haste just t be safe. It might worthwhile to get an ECG/EKG done.

The ringing in the ears induced by cocaine use is caused by the blood thinning out, therefore making the heart beat much faster, so as the blood rushes through the body and ultimately the head it causes the tinnitus. Often referred to as a "bellringer" which IV cocaine and crack users aim for from a shot or a hit (I know I certainly want the euphoric bellringer when I shoot some fire cocaine or smoke some potent crack).

Do you guys know if using a steroid based nasal spray (flonase) will be safe after this type of cocaine consumption? Apparently i have fluid build up in my ear and i was prescribed this (not from my ENT who i will let know about my drug use)

I want to make sure my membranes are healed before exposing them to something else

Last edited:
The effect is referred to as bell ringer, which I would call an OD effect of coke more associated with IV use rather than excessive nasal use as it's the intense rate it absorbs at.Still doesn't mean it didn't cause damage, when in doubt always check in with a medical provider even though it will obviously only be advice you could find yourself if you felt well enough to do so.

There is a class of antioxidant's called BioFlavonoids that is available over the counter and can help with tinnitus. I can't promote a brand on BL but the pharmacist can direct you to it at most chain store's. I didn't see any interaction between Yayo and Fluticasone propionate but if you are seeing a doc fairly soon it couldn't hurt to wait.

Wait what you have a build up of fluid in your ear? For all we know you did coke and started moving around shaking that stuff up. I like flavanoids I get mine from tea and coffee idk if they help ear ringing but they seem to help me less burnt out in general nonspecifically kinda like light exercise

Wait what you have a build up of fluid in your ear? For all we know you did coke and started moving around shaking that stuff up. I like flavanoids I get mine from tea and coffee idk if they help ear ringing but they seem to help me less burnt out in general nonspecifically kinda like light exercise

Are you saying that it could be from anything? Not necessarily the cocaine use? Or some how that shit got to my ear?

You said you have fluid buildup in your ear haven't you ever went on YouTube and saw ear irrigation or extractions if you have stuff stuck in there from swimming working in construction ESP with fine particles or are a painter or mechanic you can get all kinds of stuff that can make your ears ring two things you described can cause ear ringing one being cocaine and another fluid buildup in the ear and. I believe if it's the same as other places with fluid buildup I believe is called edema which is when I think the cells draw in water from local irritation and swelling so if say for example your like my uncle who is a mechanic if he is handing car batteries and has the sulfuric acid exposed not only does small amounts reach the nose and throat but also the ears. The sulfuric acid can then act as a strong acid which can damage the protein and this it swells and draws in water. Like if you irritate your nose it can swell and block off your ability to breathe or if u inhale toxic fumes you can get swelling in your lungs making it hard to breathe.

Basically first I would check to make sure the bell ringing isn't a sign of cocaine induced hypertension.

Second, that you aren't working in a place handling irritating chemicals or dust

Third that you are​nt taking In larges amounts of apap.

Fourth that you aren't having a obstruction or fluid buildup.

One last thing I believe ear ringing is one sign of sodium channel blockade toxicity from things like lidocaine. Cocaine itself also blocks sodium ion channels and many sodium channel blockers are used heavily as cutts because it provides the same local anesthesic numbing effect.

The danger being taking large amounts of sodium channel blockers cocaine l, lidocaine,diphenhydramine ECT can cause not only ear ringing but more importantly sudden cardiac death I believe by causing the ion channels in the heart to stop firing correctly.

Sounds like a middle ear infection (do you have any ear pain?) due to a blockage of the eustachian tubes. This can lead to accumulation of fluids in the middle ear leading to an infection

Eat ringing is what is called the train coming through. It's a sign that it is quality yay

Absolutely at basically it means that you got a nice clean potent hit it's called the the Train the choo choo train coming through it's something I honestly always kind of look forward to

Somehow the stimulant caused constriction inside your inner ear. The sound will die down, but may be semi permanent, worst case.

Actually it's called tinnitus, which is a sign you shot way too much.

i believe OP only insuffulates their cocaine?
can you get a bellringer from snorting? and is it a sign you've done too much? ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽