• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Heroin thread v.XXV -- a quarter centuary of threads if not yet a full decade since the 'drought'...

have you ever been to the House of God? :unsure:

giphy.gif

@steewith2ees . I was a regular attender in the early to mid 90's to the HOG and Surgeon was one of their stalwarts! Third Eye also used to put on some great nights at this time

@DrPetro

That's Dr Dent in your avatar right?
The JPEG is of Dr Petro. He was one of the doctors who became (in)famous for prescribing very liberal Heroin prescriptions back in the 1960's. Dr Dent, the apomorphine guy was another Doctor from the time. WSB gave him the credit for his temporary "cure" but omits to mention that the cure didn't stick

English system was the most humane approach to drug addiction patients that post- prohibition world has seen.
India had and Iran still has tintures of natural decomised opium for addicts.
During Franco, Spain saw a amazing system called "carnet de extradosis" (extra-dose card), wich was given to addicts (during those years addicts were not seen as junkies), so they had their regular weekly or monthly script, but when the patients ran out of meds, they just had to walk into a pharmacy and show their extra- dose card to get what they needed. It existed till early 80s, but by then addicts already were seen (and actually were) junkies, and the system got banned.

But nothing like good old 50s/60s brit system, people like Mr Petro or Mrs Frankau deserve their memory to be honoured forever.

PS, I have a particular interest in history generally and that includes the cultural history of drug use. I'm curious whether Bluelight, a site I don't know too well, has a cultural history section. I'm a bit of a buff on the subject, especially opiate/tranquiliser history in the UK and to a lesser extent the US. For any US readers I have a pdf of a book interviewing the experiences of addicts who managed to survive into an old age registered at an NYC Methadone clinic in the US put together in the 80's in the US by a historian called Courtwright. WSB is interviewed in it.
English system was the most humane approach to drug addiction patients that post- prohibition world has seen.
India had and Iran still has tintures of natural decomised opium for addicts.
During Franco, Spain saw a amazing system called "carnet de extradosis" (extra-dose card), wich was given to addicts (during those years addicts were not seen as junkies), so they had their regular weekly or monthly script, but when the patients ran out of meds, they just had to walk into a pharmacy and show their extra- dose card to get what they needed. It existed till early 80s, but by then addicts already were seen (and actually were) junkies, and the system got banned.

But nothing like good old 50s/60s brit system, people like Mr Petro or Mrs Frankau deserve their memory to be honoured forever.
@Señor Moreno Im right behind you on the British System. I also knew that pre Ayotollah there was a system in Iran where opium smokers could pick up an amount of opium per week after they were 65 but this news about treatment in Franco Spain is fascinating and reveals a significant knowledge gap on my part. Lady Frankau and Dr Petro were quite something, although arguably some of the slightly less generous Docs might have hung on to the right to prescribe.
Doesn't mean that they're not both legends though and it's heartening if even a few folk have heard of them

When they scrapped the heroin on prescription in the 60s the addicts numbered in their 100s.. now 100s of thousands. I was scoring in the early 80s when all the smack was coming over when the Shah was deposed but that market was created at the end of the 60s 70s.

You totally right.
H was coming from SE Asia, Thai, the Triangle and all that. But in 1979 two things happened:
Shah was fucked over and USSR invaded Afghanis, and then, all of a sudden, all the H was coming from the Crescent.
This was purely a coincidence, as we know.

Shah's Iran had a incredible system, as DrPetro said, they had a govmt run supply for over 65 yo folks, in rural and remote areas, best part of the country, they had not a govmt office, but a respected old neighbour of the village in charge of the supply. They even had different kinds of opium, old persians till remember 'Senator" brand, utterly refined chandoo, finest of the finest. Today they joke about how they would enjoy having such awesome gear, even if it were called Ajatollah.
Today, tho, Iran still uses part of their (massive) illegal opium seizures to make tinctures for addicts.

When they scrapped the heroin on prescription in the 60s the addicts numbered in their 100s.. now 100s of thousands. I was scoring in the early 80s when all the smack was coming over when the Shah was deposed but that market was created at the end of the 60s 70s.
It's quite astonishing to know just how niche using Heroin (or sister morphine) back in the UK 50's and 60's. I was once given a copy of an OK addiction memoir by great grandson of darwin William Pryor who was hanging around in the UK's also tiny version of The Beat Generation in the late 50's listening to John Coltrane and initially scoring a few jacks (soluble diamorphine tablets which were added to a syringe with water and shaken) The H scene was even smaller in the 20's and 30's, although it existed and was just a few jaded aristo's and theatre types typified by the first H poster child and addiction scare story Brenda Dean Paul and older folk like Alistair Crowley who I believe notched up a truly gigantic Heroin habit by his death in the War years. Crowley was initially prescribed it to treat asthma. Of course prior to WW1 and the Defence of the Realm Act buying opiates was entirely legal and the Pharmo Historian Virginia Berridge has written brilliantly about how common opium use and misuse was in the Victorian Era when it was a cheap way to feel a bit better and was sold everywhere including the corner shop.
You totally right.
H was coming from SE Asia, Thai, the Triangle and all that. But in 1979 two things happened:
Shah was fucked over and USSR invaded Afghanis, and then, all of a sudden, all the H was coming from the Crescent.
This was purely a coincidence, as we know.

Shah's Iran had a incredible system, as DrPetro said, they had a govmt run supply for over 65 yo folks, in rural and remote areas, best part of the country, they had not a govmt office, but a respected old neighbour of the village in charge of the supply. They even had different kinds of opium, old persians till remember 'Senator" brand, utterly refined chandoo, finest of the finest. Today they joke about how they would enjoy having such awesome gear, even if it were called Ajatollah.
Today, tho, Iran still uses part of their (massive) illegal opium seizures to make tinctures for addicts.
The only place I've read about the Opium system in Iran was in an article by one of the many Iranians who managed to flee in 77. The article was in a Drug User magazine called Black Poppy edited by one of the very few folk in the UK maintained on Diamorphine (Well, she was when I last spoke to her but that is a few years back now)

There is some to read, this is in Spanish, maybe you can translate. They talk about opium in Iran culture, that "Senator" top quality and other interesting reads. Sorry for not having it in English. I have been told a lot of tales from old iranians.

FUMANDO HEROÍNA EN TEHERÁN​

Menú de contenidos

Detrás de la fachada de devoción musulmana, Irán es uno de los países del mundo más devastados por la droga.

irán
HASSAN AMMAR/AFP/Getty Images​

El 26 de junio, los medios de comunicación estatales de Irán informaron de que 20.000 exdrogadictos se habían reunido en el estadio Azadi de Teherán para conmemorar el Día Internacional contra el Consumo y el Tráfico de Drogas. El presidente Mahmud Ahmadineyad asistió a la concentración y utilizó el podio para presentar los narcóticos como un instrumento de destrucción occidental. “Hoy”, dijo, los países de Occidente “han empezado a dañar a todas las naciones, en especial a la iraní a través de las drogas. Ocultan su arrogancia detrás de supuestas máscaras humanitarias y hacen lo posible para despertar un sentimiento de impotencia en otros países. Fingen que buscan la libertad, los derechos humanos y la protección de la gente, pero, en realidad, son los mayores criminales del mundo”.
Teherán es una de las capitales más elevadas de la tierra, y no solamente en términos de altitud. La Oficina de Naciones Unidas contra la Droga y el Delito (UNODC con siglas en inglés) informa de que Irán cuenta con 1,2 millones de “consumidores drogodependientes” y que el 2,26% de las personas entre 15 y 64 años son adictas a los opiáceos. El director de la organización, Yuri Fedotov, ha elogiado a Irán por tener “el mayor índice mundial de capturas de opio y heroína” y por desarrollar programas eficaces de tratamiento y prevención. Sin embargo, la organización Human Rights Watch ha criticado a Fedotov y le ha acusado de pasar por alto los procedimientos legales del país, claramente inadecuados, y las ejecuciones de drogadictos. Lo más alarmante es que, en ocasiones, se ha ahorcado a algunas personas detenidas durante manifestaciones políticas, como la holandesa de origen iraní Sahra Bahrami, tras acusarlas de “contrabando de drogas”.
Lo que se observa en la actualidad es que República Islámica ofrece varias premoniciones de una narcodistopía. Si uno circula por Teherán de noche, el conductor del vehículo le puede contar que las menores cubiertas con chador que ofrecen esfand –unas semillas que se queman para ahuyentar el mal de ojo- al borde de las carreteras, en realidad, están vendiendo sexo para pagar la adicción de sus padres. Si se coge el metro, se ve a niños maltratados que venden baratijas y predicen la suerte para sufragar el hábito de sus progenitores. Si se visita un barrio pobre al sur de la ciudad como Shahr-e Rey, puede verse al dueño de un puesto de cigarrillos en el bazar que, de paso, vende agujas usadas. Cuando se pasea por el parque Khaju Kermani, al sureste de la capital, se ve a niñas fumando metanfetaminas a plena vista, delante de las autoridades del parque, mientras al fondo se ve a un hombre alto y achicharrado por el sol con marcas de agujas en los brazos, que se tambalea de un lado a otro vestido con una blusa de mujer.
Pero el mundo de la droga no es exclusivo de la decadente capital del país, ni de su clase más baja y abandonada. Está muy arraigado y muy extendido: por ejemplo, cuando visité la tumba del poeta del siglo XII Saadi, una atracción turística en la ciudad meridional de Shiraz, Azad, un crítico literario local que estaba enseñándome la zona, me señaló el barrio que se encontraba al otro lado de los muros del jardín y que se llama Saadieh precisamente por el poeta. Dijo que era un centro para los ladrones, traficantes y drogadictos de toda la región. “¿Le gustaría visitarlo? Es muy fácil entrar, pero puede que no salga vivo”, bromeó. Yo ya había visto suficientes barrios de chabolas en el país y dije que no, pero, intrigado por el aparente cruce de las drogas y la cultura, le pedí que me enseñara más cosas.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
La UNODC informa de que Irán cuenta con 1,2 millones de “consumidores drogodependientes” y que el 2,26% de las personas entre 15 y 64 años son adictas a los opiáceos
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
En una exhibición de hospitalidad persa, me invitó a casa de un culto entusiasta del opio para contemplar un ejemplo. El opio, dijo Azad, es la droga más antigua y arraigada de Irán y ya hace mil años lo usaba con fines medicinales el gran filósofo y científico persa Avicena. En siglos posteriores, lo elogiaron los poetas del canon persa. El más querido, Hafez, comparaba sus éxtasis con los del opio, escribió en un poema de amor: “Una herida tuya es mejor que el bálsamo de otros / Tu veneno, más dulce que el opio que ellos dan”.
Entramos en la habitación principal de una gran casa a las afueras de la ciudad, protegida de la calle con unos muros elevados y vimos en el suelo un brasero de metal lleno de carbón, una pipa de opio y otros instrumentos, junto con unas fuentes llenas de sandía.
“Lo amamos y lo odiamos”, observó Mani, el amigo de Azad, un profesor serio y callado de sesenta y tantos años, mientras empezaba a encender la pipa. “Tiene muchos problemas y dificultades, pero también sus atractivos. En mi familia, mi padre lo consumía, pero siempre decía: ‘No lo toques’. Estaba en contra del opio porque él lo tomaba, pero después empezamos a fumarlo juntos. Yo empecé a hacerlo porque me parecía romántico, poético”. “La primera vez que lo fumas”, añadió Azad, “te relaja. Te hace dormir bien, o a veces te da pesadillas y pone en marcha tu imaginación. Sobre todo cuando tienes un trabajo creativo, te da la concentración que necesitas. El poeta Mowlana lo consumía hace 800 años y lo mencionaba en sus textos. Hafez también lo nombra. Sin embargo, hoy, en Irán, los artistas y escritores no cuentan nada, sufren porque no son nada y la desilusión les hace buscar algo para tranquilizarse”.
“Desde el punto de vista social, tiene una imagen muy negativa”, añadió Mani despacio, mientras se recuperaba de una larga chupada. “La propaganda oficial suele criticarlo. Y no hay que olvidar las consecuencias que tiene en las familias. Pero todavía se acepta en algunas partes de Irán, como en [la provincia suroriental de] Kerman. Lo tradicional allí es que cuando se casa una chica, una de las cosas que se supone que debe regalar a su marido es un buen juego de instrumentos para preparar el opio, pese a que es ilegal”. “En época del Sha”, siguió, “se le atribuía cierto prestigio. Sus hermanos lo consumían. Su padre era adicto al opio y todo el mundo lo sabía. En el islam, la actitud respecto al opio no es completamente negativa; ni siquiera se menciona”. Antes de la revolución, agregó, “existía una marca de opio llamada ‘senador’. Ahora, deberían llamarlo ‘ayatolá’”.
Pese a sus insinuaciones sobre los atractivos que ha tenido para los gobernantes pasados y actuales de Irán, Mani cree que el opio es una droga en declive. “Hay muchas presiones externas, porque la mayor parte de la heroína y el opio que llegan a Europa atraviesa Irán. [La comunidad internacional] da al Gobierno dinero para luchar contra él”, dijo, en referencia al apoyo económico que los países occidentales dan a UNODC. “El resultado es que el opio se ha encarecido”, concluyó. “Ahora lo consumen sobre todo los ricos, pero la calidad es mucho peor. Puede ser muy peligroso. Las drogas químicas son mucho más baratas y más accesibles para los jóvenes y necesitan menos instrumentos”.
Antes de irme, Azad me pidió que tuviera cuidado con las fotos que había sacado de su sesión porque “el Gobierno está precisamente detrás de algo así, en especial si se trata de intelectuales”.
De nuevo en Teherán, busqué una perspectiva más clínica del tema, y conocí a Alí, un amable trabajador social de 32 años en un centro de tratamiento de adicciones situado en el barrio de Tehranpars, al este de la ciudad.
“El problema de las drogas en Irán no es exclusivo de ninguna clase concreta ni ningún nivel de educación”, subrayó. Alí tiene más de 100 pacientes habituales, procedentes de diversas esferas sociales. Algunos son trabajadores afganos pobres sin estatus legal ni apoyo familiar, pero otros son –o eran— ricos. “Uno [de mis pacientes] es un dentista que trabajó en Estados Unidos”, dijo, buscando sorprenderme. “Sufrió un accidente de coche allí y le inyectaron morfina. Después de salir del hospital, empezó a inyectársela él mismo y, al final, perdió todo y tuvo que volver a Irán”.
Alí me dijo que él ve sobre todo dos clases principales de drogas. Los opiáceos –opio, morfina y crack (que en Irán no es el nombre que se da a la forma más adictiva de cocaína, sino a la forma más impura de heroína)- y las sintéticas, que incluyen éxtasis, drogas psicodélicas y shisha, metanfetaminas. Las adicciones a la shisha y el crack, me dijo, son las dos más comunes.
Me explicó que el tratamiento de la drogadicción ha avanzado mucho desde la revolución. “En otra época, si alguien consumía drogas, la familia lo consideraba un desastre. El tratamiento consistía en encerrar e incluso encadenar a los adictos. Aparte de cuestiones políticas, la drogadicción es un problema terrible para cualquier Gobierno y las actitudes han cambiado. Se abren sin cesar nuevos centros de rehabilitación. Las esperanzas de las familias aumentan cuando ven que el tratamiento funciona”. Sin embargo, añadió, a los éxitos en el tratamiento de la adicción a opiáceos hay que contraponer que las mafias han introducido las drogas sintéticas, con las que los centros de tratamiento tienen menos experiencia.
Aunque resulte increíble en un país donde a los delincuentes y los renegados ideológicos se les suele colgar en público, Irán puede ser curiosamente indulgente con los adictos. El centro en el que trabaja Alí distribuye metadona subvencionada por el Gobierno a consumidores de opiáceos y lleva a cabo “terapias para conocerse a uno mismo” con los adictos a metanfetaminas. Algunos pacientes incluso acuden al centro desde la cárcel, donde siguen programas de tratamiento. Alí dedica gran parte de su tiempo a aconsejar a jóvenes, familias y cónyuges, y dirige sesiones colectivas de apoyo.
Me invitó a una de sus reuniones, parecidas a los programas occidentales de 12 pasos, con un gran énfasis en la responsabilidad personal. Al final hubo incluso una oración ecuménica en grupo.
En vista de lo que había visto y oído, traté de pensar qué había querido decir Ahmadineyad en el estadio Azadi. El presidente no señaló que los mercados occidentales han convertido Irán en un conducto para los narcóticos, ni que a su país no tiene más remedio que indignarle que su policía se enfrente al peligro, en parte, en beneficio de las autoridades de una Europa decadente. Tampoco insinuó que la demanda internacional de que se prohíban los opiáceos quizá esté contribuyendo a la extensión de las metanfetaminas en Irán y, por tanto, agravando la situación. Desechó el lenguaje de los derechos humanos y tal vez dio a entender que las peticiones de indulgencia respecto a los camellos son malintencionadas, de modo que es muy probable que su razonamiento no fuera más que un elemento más de una gran teoría de la conspiración. En ese caso, es una opinión que comparte Hamidreza Hosseinabadi, jefe de la fuerza antidroga de Irán, que el año pasado acusó a las tropas británicas en Afganistán de guiar a los narcotraficantes hacia Irán.
Después de la sesión de Alí, enseñé las declaraciones de Ahmadineyad a Rahim, un vendedor de bazar de cincuenta y tantos años, antiguo adicto al opio que está en plena rehabilitación y había dirigido la oración en grupo. Se mostró en desacuerdo con todo ello.
“En mi opinión no podemos culpar a otros de nuestros errores. Podríamos amontonar todas las drogas que hay en el mundo en una plaza de Teherán y solo las cogerían quienes deseen consumirlas. No podemos decir que ‘me he vuelto adicto porque hay drogas’. Algunas personas dicen que es culpa de sus padres, que es culpa de su país, pero, después de haber seguido este programa, creo que [mi adicción] fue culpa mía, no de mi Gobierno ni de Estados Unidos”, dijo.

Opium tincture-assisted treatment for opioid use disorder: A systematic review​

Published:June 02, 2021DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2021.108519

PlumX Metrics

Highlights​

• Opium tincture-assisted treatment could be safe and efficacious for people with opioid use disorder, those with opium use disorder in particular.

• Integrating opium tincture-assisted treatment into substance use treatment services may be feasible in settings where opium use is common.

• The overall quality of evidence on opium tincture-assisted treatment is low and more higher-quality randomized controlled trials are needed.

Abstract​

Background​

Some countries have used opioid agonist medications other than methadone and buprenorphine as a strategy to increase treatment diversity. In Iran and other countries where opium use is common and culturally tolerated, opium tincture (OT) has gained growing popularity and been approved to treat opioid use disorder (OUD). Given the increasing interest in this intervention, we conducted a systematic review of the literature to evaluate the safety and efficacy of OT-assisted treatment for OUD.

Methods​

We systematically searched international (MEDLINE, Embase, CINAHL, PsychInfo, Google Scholar, and clinicaltrials.gov) and Iranian (Scientific Information Database (SID), Iranmedex, IranDoc, digital library of Iran's Drug Control Headquarters and the Iranian Registry for Clinical Trials) databases on November 04, 2020 without any language or publication date limitations. Two reviewers screened the titles, abstracts, and full-text of the retrieved records to find clinical trials or observational studies that assessed the safety and efficacy of OT-assisted treatment for OUD.

Results​

We screened 1301 records and included 21 unique studies on assisted withdrawal (n = 5), maintenance (n = 9), and gradual dose reduction (n = 7) treatment regimens. Most studies included men and people with opium use disorder. We found only six randomized controlled trials (RCT). Our results showed that OT-assisted treatment is associated with comparable outcomes with methadone treatment in both assisted withdrawal and maintenance treatment regimens. We also found promising results for using gradual dose reduction regimen of OT-assisted treatment from observational studies. The overall quality of scientific evidence was low due to the limited number RCT and high risk of bias in the included studies.

Conclusions​

The body of evidence supporting the safety and efficacy of OT-assisted treatment in assisted withdrawal, maintenance, and gradual dose reduction regimens is limited but somewhat promising, in particular among people with opium use disorder. Our review calls for higher-quality studies to investigate the comparative efficacy of these treatment methods with standard pharmacotherapies for OUD.

Opium tincture-assisted treatment for opioid use disorder: A systematic review​

Published:June 02, 2021DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2021.108519

PlumX Metrics

Highlights​

• Opium tincture-assisted treatment could be safe and efficacious for people with opioid use disorder, those with opium use disorder in particular.

• Integrating opium tincture-assisted treatment into substance use treatment services may be feasible in settings where opium use is common.

• The overall quality of evidence on opium tincture-assisted treatment is low and more higher-quality randomized controlled trials are needed.

Abstract​

Background​

Some countries have used opioid agonist medications other than methadone and buprenorphine as a strategy to increase treatment diversity. In Iran and other countries where opium use is common and culturally tolerated, opium tincture (OT) has gained growing popularity and been approved to treat opioid use disorder (OUD). Given the increasing interest in this intervention, we conducted a systematic review of the literature to evaluate the safety and efficacy of OT-assisted treatment for OUD.

Methods​

We systematically searched international (MEDLINE, Embase, CINAHL, PsychInfo, Google Scholar, and clinicaltrials.gov) and Iranian (Scientific Information Database (SID), Iranmedex, IranDoc, digital library of Iran's Drug Control Headquarters and the Iranian Registry for Clinical Trials) databases on November 04, 2020 without any language or publication date limitations. Two reviewers screened the titles, abstracts, and full-text of the retrieved records to find clinical trials or observational studies that assessed the safety and efficacy of OT-assisted treatment for OUD.

Results​

We screened 1301 records and included 21 unique studies on assisted withdrawal (n = 5), maintenance (n = 9), and gradual dose reduction (n = 7) treatment regimens. Most studies included men and people with opium use disorder. We found only six randomized controlled trials (RCT). Our results showed that OT-assisted treatment is associated with comparable outcomes with methadone treatment in both assisted withdrawal and maintenance treatment regimens. We also found promising results for using gradual dose reduction regimen of OT-assisted treatment from observational studies. The overall quality of scientific evidence was low due to the limited number RCT and high risk of bias in the included studies.

Conclusions​

The body of evidence supporting the safety and efficacy of OT-assisted treatment in assisted withdrawal, maintenance, and gradual dose reduction regimens is limited but somewhat promising, in particular among people with opium use disorder. Our review calls for higher-quality studies to investigate the comparative efficacy of these treatment methods with standard pharmacotherapies for OUD.
Many thanks for the articles on Opium/Heroin in Iran and on use of Opium Tincture. I remember that the article I read talked about the use of the condensed opium tar which would accumulate beneath the bowl of an opium pipe.
I'm embarrassed to say that I'm no linguist but I appreciate the effort and also the fact that Spanish readers of the thread can dive in.
I was reading an article yesterday about the street heroin/methamphetamine scene in Kabul. It appears that most down and out users there are camping near Kabul with the unusual scenario of many street dogs who've also become addicted from users giving them blowbacks through a plastic bottle https://apnews.com/article/afghanis...overty-kabul-a09066367bc58a934a2360dbbd0958f4

Many thanks for the articles on Opium/Heroin in Iran and on use of Opium Tincture
You're welcome, allways glad to share information, that's BL about, after all.

I was reading an article yesterday about the street heroin/methamphetamine scene in Kabul. It appears that most down and out users there are camping near Kabul with the unusual scenario of many street dogs who've also become addicted from users giving them blowbacks through a plastic bottle
Man, terrible pics and article on even a more terrible reality. Being an western addict sucks, but those people really have to endure another level of scenario. Can't help but think of female users. if they have it hard here, I don't dare to imagine how their existences have to be there.
I think of the medieval paintings we have here in churches representing Hell to scare people. I honestly feel those pics of Kabul to be a true report on a current existing Hell.

Thanks for sharing, mate

You're welcome, allways glad to share information, that's BL about, after all.

Man, terrible pics and article on even a more terrible reality. Being an western addict sucks, but those people really have to endure another level of scenario. Can't help but think of female users. if they have it hard here, I don't dare to imagine how their existences have to be there.
I think of the medieval paintings we have here in churches representing Hell to scare people. I honestly feel those pics of Kabul to be a true report on a current existing Hell.

Thanks for sharing, mate
Yes, they certainly resemble a Goya esque vision of the suffering of the damned! I know that there certainly are female addicts in Afghanistan but it would appear that they still remain out of sight.
Going to India in my early 20's taught me how relatively lucky even the most broke members of Western societies are, especially Europe (and fuck brexit I still consider myself European) It's a lesson I haven't forgotten.
One thing puzzled me about the photojournalism. Are folk in Kabul smoking H in a bowl pipe or are the pictured folk smoking meth? Poor bastards any which way. I guess that if you have no shelter then booting H on foil becomes impractical.

What an idiot, he sold me a bag just & the Rizla has a hole in it FFS!!!!!!!

Anyone else noticed a Trend all of a sudden where they are putting the dark in the liquorice rizla & putting the rocks in white plastic bags?
Only one guy I know has done this for decades, all of a sudden all the guys are doing it!!!!?????

I mean come on, are these lot so dumb they can't tell b from white & need to colour-code the deals ffs?

What an idiot, he sold me a bag just & the Rizla has a hole in it FFS!!!!!!!

Anyone else noticed a Trend all of a sudden where they are putting the dark in the liquorice rizla & putting the rocks in white plastic bags?
Only one guy I know has done this for decades, all of a sudden all the guys are doing it!!!!?????

I mean come on, are these lot so dumb they can't tell b from white & need to colour-code the deals ffs?

Fuckin brown in a rizla?

That won't last long in their rancid gobs will it?

God forbid they stash it up their arse...

I remember giving a lift to a particularly rancid dealer on the promise of a free bag.

When he retrieved the goods from his back passage covered in arse snot, I politely declined.

(Cause I fuckin didn't. That shit went in my arm as soon as I got home.)