• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Heroin thread v.XXV -- a quarter centuary of threads if not yet a full decade since the 'drought'...

Wow, even by American standards that shooting is horrific. I only have access to the internet on my phone, which gets bad reception due to a local cell tower problem.
I looked up( took a little while) but the UK knife laws are well, very strict, to put it mildly.
That guy who said shoot me sure as hell was no gangster.
Punter means what in UK slang?

It get's better - I just discovered the brother of the punter who was shot killed himself (threw himself off a bridge) the day after the shooter was convicted.

That seems highly unlikely to be a coincidence. Those are the victims we often forget.

It get's better - I just discovered the brother of the punter who was shot killed himself (threw himself off a bridge) the day after the shooter was convicted.

That seems highly unlikely to be a coincidence. Those are the victims we often forget.
That is horribly sad and tragic

Opium only grows at a high altitude, something like 1000 meters above sea level.
Who told you that, man?
Don't trust such info. All the pharma fields are way lower than that. I even have found poppies really close to the sea label, and I am sure so did many others

This is unrelated but opium production is rare in the US. In 2017 cops came to the door of an Asian man who had a house at the end of a dirt road. They were there for some other reason and had no search warrant and knew nothing of what he was doing.
So the blurted out "I guess your here for the Opium. Apparently they had no idea, what he was during on his rural property in North Carolina.
After blurring out I guess your here for the opium which he showed them the hugh garden hidden by trees.
Value of his opium about $500 million US dollars.

No - the coca plant is very selective in required conditions, altitude being just one requirement. At lower altitudes the plants produce an abundance of unwanted alkaloids.

Poppies just require sufficient sunlight and sufficient drainage and ironically, a cold period. So somewhere that is constantly hot is less suitable.

https://time.com/6358170/myanmar-opium-production-afghanistan/

Technology can hugely increase yields.

I am honestly surprised nobody is growing papaver bracteatum (great scarlet poppy) ostensibly to sell AS flowers (a lot ARE grown for this reason) because although they contain no morphine or codeine, they contain a lot of oripavine and thebaine. Maybe people are? Who would know?

Now the UNODC does control thebaine... but as a drug. Nations that control thebaine do so AS A DRUG. It's not, it's a POISON so exactly how THAT would work out in court would be interesting since their is a vast body of information stating that thebaine is a toxin!

But the key advantage is that the chemistry involved to convert oripavine and thebaine into respectively oxymorphone and oxycodone is as simple as H production but is scalable so someone can get into business and figure out which potent semisynthetics can be telescoped down to the skill-set of the average 'bucket cook'.

Well the junkies of Europe got a new; old source possibly. The Golden triangle, Civil War in Burma( Myanmar) has caused opium production to be pushed to the leading producer in the world once again. Is this good or bad? ABC News is the source and they got info from the Associated press.

Well the junkies of Europe got a new; old source possibly. The Golden triangle, Civil War in Burma( Myanmar) has caused opium production to be pushed to the leading producer in the world once again. Is this good or bad? ABC News is the source and they got info from the Associated press.

Neither the most edifying purveyors of geopolitics, I admit.

This is unrelated but opium production is rare in the US. In 2017 cops came to the door of an Asian man who had a house at the end of a dirt road. They were there for some other reason and had no search warrant and knew nothing of what he was doing.
So the blurted out "I guess your here for the Opium. Apparently they had no idea, what he was during on his rural property in North Carolina.
After blurring out I guess your here for the opium which he showed them the hugh garden hidden by trees.
Value of his opium about $500 million US dollars.

Just have been reading the link you posted, thanks for sharing it. Media are natural born bullshiters. If you read the article they say that the poppies occupied an acre. A lonely acre, which is aprox half an hectarea.
At the top end of things, in the very best of cases an hectarea can yield about 45-50kilos (100-110 pounds) in the industrial pharma fields of India which is the only country that produces legal opium; at the low end, Mexican growers who hide their poppies into corn crops obtain about 8 kilos. With those amounts you would made money but not millions. And we are talking Big Pharma companies or Mexican cartels and their suppliers, seasoned and skilled growers from Guerrero or Sinaloa states, who have been at it for decades.
But, somehow, a random Asian man from North Carolina is able to grow half billion $ worth of opium in half a hectarea, literally "in a garden hiden by trees"!!
If you sell fake clothes, jewells or whatever they will call you a criminal; if you sell fake news/raw lies, they call you a fucking journalist.
I want the pullitzer for whoever cunt who wrote that shit.

Btw, thanks for sharing

Opium lasts a long time, did he stock pile it ?
It is also worth alot more here than in some shithole in Asia. They also probably calculated the street value once turned into heroin and sold one bag at a time after being cut.
One big problem is opium is only around 10% morphine. Did it say how many metric tons he had hoarded?Lol
Those idiot journalists love to get creative with the truth but an acre is a lot to be found growing here.
But you are right.

The 'farm gate' price for Afghan opium WAS around $120/Kg and has now increased to a truly HUGE $400/Kg since the Taliban 'banned' growing it. Mexican heroin WAS $315-$415/Kg so how anyone can arrive at $500 million by any legitimate calculation is beyond me.

But please note - the price of opium is very low indeed. The street price of heroin has almost nothing to do with the price of opium. When you consider that a few acres are grown in the UK and The Czech Republic actually produces quite a lot while a huge amount is grown in Tasmania showing that the poppy does not require the arid, semi-desert environment people imagine.

Now the above patent is for what is referred to as the 'NORMAN strain', the brilliant acronym simply means No Morphine. What's interesting is the patent also notes the simplicity of converting thebaine to oxycodone and oripavine to oxymorphone. Actually, reflux in HBr will convert oxycodone to oxymorphone in about 87% yield so already one could reduce the amount of poppies needed to sustain the market.

I haven't tried oxymorphone but I've never read a report that didn't regard it as the most euphoric opioid available and it's x5 more potent than H. So in a low-tech manner one can, after the first harvest, have a highly desirable product.

BUT any medicinal chemist will point out that thebaine and oripavine are also valuable precursors. A little more sophisticated chemistry (Diels-Alder reaction) yields 6,14-Endoethenotetrahydrooripavine which isn't exactly a well known drug but is some x400 M in potency and is (from the two reports I have) subjectively almost identical to oxymorphone. Some more chemistry and one can arrive at M320, which is some x9200 M. Now that one I have no reprts on.

In essence, to anyone collecting long-term surveillance would see a legal enterprise; failing. By the time oxymorphine is hitting the streets the grower has switched to 6,14-Endoethenotetrahydrooripavine requiring only 10% the area of poppy production and by the time that hits the street M320 is the product and yet poppy production would, again, have dropped by 90%.

From that point their are actually a LOT of homologues possible.

The 'farm gate' price for Afghan opium WAS around $120/Kg and has now increased to a truly HUGE $400/kg

Yes, those seem to be the prizes. Even in S Eastern Iran they are very low, in Zahedan, the capital of Sistan-Balochistan ,very close to afghan and pakist borders, a single $ could buy 3 grams two years ago, 5 grams in the Zabol town area, right on the afghan border.