• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

Bridgend expect a film that ain't accurate according to events but still quirky and worth a watch imo.

Just back from seeing Trainspotting 2.

It was pretty good but not a whole lot happened. It reminded me a bit of The Force Awakens due to all the nostalgia bombs.

I did quite like the 1690 scene. I was wondering how many people in the cinema were offended. Statistics indicate ~45% ;)

I'm guessing you missed out through not being in your twenties in the 90's when the original came out. Bit like missing The Beatles or the Sex Pistols. I thought it was excellent, great symmetry (as I just said in another thread).

I've a few things that I need to get done then I have this to watch later on today.

'London Town' - In '70s London, a 14 year-old boy is introduced to the Clash by his estranged mother. It changes his life forever.

Meh - This is a family movie about coming of age, with The Clash added. OK movie but nothing special. The description that I copied above from IMDB is so misleading - his 'estranged mother sent him a mix tape' he didn't play it, he went on to meet some random on a train that introduced him to the music etc.

Thanks for the recommendation, worth a watch but nowt special.

White girl
This is quite similar to the I 'think' 1996 film 'Kids', it ain't a sequel to that film but it hits the same subject.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you missed out through not being in your twenties in the 90's when the original came out. Bit like missing The Beatles or the Sex Pistols. I thought it was excellent, great symmetry (as I just said in another thread).

You may just be right about that. I thought the film was put together really well with great cinematography but the plot wasn't very fleshy in my opinion.

Then again, I was on here saying how 2001 didn't move me. Maybe I'm just shite at watching films :p

I think I got through 10mins of 2001 before giving up. Though this was a while back and definitely needs to be revisited, perhaps I have the same shit taste as you :D

Even if you don't enjoy the film, it's worth a watch if only for the brilliant score and to tie up loads of loose pop culture references from over the years.

I have a bit of a distrust of modern cinema and tend to only watch a new film if a few trusted friends say I might like it. Sometimes a new film will make me curious enough to want to see it but usually I'm disappointed.

T2 was the first time I'd been to the cinema since 'The Iron Lady'. At risk of sounding like an aul' granda; £6.50 is too much and the cinema is too loud :|

Agreed, too expensive when you can just watch things at home, best saved for special occasions.

/grandad nod of approval.

You granddad's should check out the Odeon silver screen, something in the region of £3 for a ticket and a cup of tea and a biscuit. I've been a couple of times with my parents and nobody's batted an eyelid. Went with my dad once and he jokingly told the girl at the checkout "one senior and a carer please". She took him seriously and got out this special barcode sheet to scan me in for free haha.

You granddad's should check out the Odeon silver screen, something in the region of £3 for a ticket and a cup of tea and a biscuit. I've been a couple of times with my parents and nobody's batted an eyelid. Went with my dad once and he jokingly told the girl at the checkout "one senior and a carer please". She took him seriously and got out this special barcode sheet to scan me in for free haha.

Hey, I like the sound of that. Do they ask for proof that your parents are over 55? If not, then I might start going to the cinema again (though i ain't far off tbh).

I'm guessing something like T2 wouldn't be available for the oldies though.

Cinemas just don't seem right without Pearl and Dean, choc ice sellers and smoking sections...

We both booked senior citizen tickets yesterday (neither of us qualifying) knowing that nobody checks or gives a fuck. It only saved a couple of quid each but free money is free money right?

Love OM's story about the 'carer'.

We both booked senior citizen tickets yesterday (neither of us qualifying) knowing that nobody checks or gives a fuck. It only saved a couple of quid each but free money is free money right?

Love OM's story about the 'carer'.

Good one! But I've seen your pictures and you look nothing like a senior citizen, so they must be really lax at your local flicks.

I might try that carer trick with my Mrs as she really is a qualified carer, and I really am an old cunt....

Even without the carer thing I've always been given the discount price despite blatantly being in my twenties. I really doubt they give a fuck unless you're blatantly taking the piss (a mob of school kids for instance).

They tend to show films that would appeal to an older generation, so I doubt you'll get trainspotting! I've seen the remakes of Ben hur and the magnificent seven.... And something else that I've completely forgotten I'm sure.

Saw Suicide Squad Saturday morn - really enjoyed it - much better than BvS: DOJ - Although I had now problem with the general structure (i.e the through plot set against the flashbacks) something just felt a little off about the pacing of the whole thing - with one more edit this could have been amazing.

Loved al the performances and new characters - fucking Margot Robbie is just the definition of smoking fucking hot.

Last edited:
Good one! But I've seen your pictures and you look nothing like a senior citizen, so they must be really lax at your local flicks.

You're absolutely right my man, I don't look old but I KNOW they don't give a shit about checking at my local cinema. G/f (who is older than me) looks even younger. Bastard.

Beat this. My best mate, who doesn't drive, has just had to buy his first ever full price rail ticket. Because for the last 35 years he has kept a stamp my I gave him from university and has constantly restamped his app/form with this stamp. Its taken 35 years to fall apart/become unreadable. 18-53 with a student railcard. Admirable.

Beat this. My best mate, who doesn't drive, has just had to buy his first ever full price rail ticket. Because for the last 35 years he has kept a stamp my I gave him from university and has constantly restamped his app/form with this stamp. Its taken 35 years to fall apart/become unreadable. 18-53 with a student railcard. Admirable.

Yeh, that's pretty damn impressive... =D

I watched a really good movie last night

Lion - A five-year-old Indian boy gets lost on the streets of Calcutta, thousands of kilometers from home. He survives many challenges before being adopted by a couple in Australia; 25 years later, he sets out to find his lost family.

Great movie for when your snuggled up on the sofa

I need more snuggling in my life, so will check it out :)

It's a great movie Bella

The other one that I enjoyed (hubby hated it) was 'Split' - Three girls are kidnapped by a man with a diagnosed 23 distinct personalities, and must try and escape before the apparent emergence of a frightful new 24th.

It was great upto a certain point then it sort of got a bit weird - give it a watch if you can.

Someone was telling me not to bother with it last night but i think it looks like a really fun film.

I guess you could say it has really SPLIT the audiences opinion.