• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

I guess it depends what types of horror films you find scary. I find the psychological ones that leave a lot to the imagination far more scary than the blood and gore type, this film is much more of the 2nd type imo at least.

Aye, I find the gory/slasher type to be quite funny and predicable. I remember an ex making me watch the Saw films with her and, to be honest, I just had to turn away for most of it. I can watch all sorts of invasive surgeries but things like bones breaking and IV needles make me squirm. My old flatmate tricked me into watching a lumbar puncture being preformed and I was squirming all over :eek:

I accidentally caused another ex to suffer a compound fracture on her ankle and I couldn't look at the thing. She was a complete trooper in comparison, but I haven't birthed two children :\

Saw 1, 2 and 3 are the entire series and further iterations are a figment of your imagination.

Silence of the Lambs >>>>

Although classified as "horror" i did not see that way at all. It was in no way 'scary' imo. Much more 'crime thriller' material. Absolutely brilliant film regardless of it's class in any case.

It may have had a timeless feel to it, were it not for some of Jodie Fosters hair-styles and oufits.

If the film had not yet been released, and if they sorted out JFs clothes and hair, i believe that if it were released next week as if for the first time, it would still be universally acclaimed as movie of the year, as its effect has not dimnished or dated imo.

Last edited:
Not really sure if this should count as a reccomendation, but I saw Prayer of the Rollerboys last night with a bunch of mates. It was an, uhhh, interesting film, by which I mean it was absolutely dire but still fun if you are drinking and mocking it. The basic premise seemed to be 80s post-apocalyptic america with drug dealing neo nazis on rollerblades with very snazzy trenchcoats, which about says it all really.

Just watched a lovely film.

Un Beau Dimanche

"Going away"

Just a very real film, fitting in, failures, mental health, fucked up families... Had it not been a French subtitled movie and filmed in beautiful locations across France it wouldn't of had the same affect..

Worth a watch.

Oh yeah TRAINSPOTTING2 starts filming end of May. Same cast, same writers, same team. Don't fuck it up. Ffs

Aye, I find the gory/slasher type to be quite funny and predicable. I remember an ex making me watch the Saw films with her and, to be honest, I just had to turn away for most of it. I can watch all sorts of invasive surgeries but things like bones breaking and IV needles make me squirm. My old flatmate tricked me into watching a lumbar puncture being preformed and I was squirming all over :eek:

I accidentally caused another ex to suffer a compound fracture on her ankle and I couldn't look at the thing. She was a complete trooper in comparison, but I haven't birthed two children :\

Youd love seeing an IO line being inserted then Don (basically a little black and Decker with a hollow needle on the and drilled into the bone marrow of the shin when an IV line is unsustainable or unavailable). That's one of the few things that still almost makes me squirm a bit after all these years. Its wierd with these sorts of things in that if you see them often enough you will get used to it.

I've watched all my quota of Netflix successful series. Any recommended series that are not on spot light?

4008758.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZh33h7eBBU

Superman vs batman was awful. I dont even mind a bailer of an action movie. And I've enjoyed several of Ben Affleck's middle of the road movies, but it was seriously not worth watching. Went on forever too :sus:

For those with young kids Zootopia is awesome. Took some clients from work there last week and i really enjoyed it. Highly recommended.

For those with young kids Zootopia is awesome. Took some clients from work there last week and i really enjoyed it. Highly recommended.

Watched it the other day with the mrs, was stoned as hell and it was magic! really enjoyed it!

if you guys get a chance watch zootropolis, it really is great!

There's been quite a lot of good stuff on Film 4 recently.

Perhaps most relevant here is Savages, directed by Oliver Stone no less, a couple of California hippies find their marijuana business doing extremely well. These 2 young men share everything, including their girlfriend. One of them is an Iraq veteran, with plenty of friends to call on. When a really big time Mexican Cartel offers them a huge sum of money to buy them out with the proviso that No Thanks is not an option, you have to wonder what they will do, especially considering one of the partners is a 100% pure peace and love hippy pacafist, how on earth could they possibly be equipped and experienced enough to take on the might of the Cartel?

Inevitably Benico Del Torro is one of the top level cartel chiefs, also John Travolta as the DEA who becomes very rich getting paid by everyone to look the other way. Kind of starts off a bit wobbly, but as the plot develops, and the action starts hotting up the film gets better and better imo.

Last night i also tried watching Enders Game (2013), presumably a film made for geeky teens, about the most talented students getting headhunted to be sent off to "war school" for training in inter-gallactical warfare. Stars Harrison Ford. I started watching it last night waiting for my benzos to kick in and got very stoned too, i kept having to rewind the film back 10 minutes every 2 minutes as i kept forgetting what had let to the current situation.8( It seemed to be really good, even if a kids film, but that might have been the hash. I'll try it again tonight without the benzos.8)

Last edited:
There's been quite a lot of good stuff on Film 4 recently.

Perhaps most relevant here is Savages, directed by Oliver Stone no less, a couple of California hippies find their marijuana business doing extremely well. These 2 young men share everything, including their girlfriend. One of them is an Iraq veteran, with plenty of friends to call on. When a really big time Mexican Cartel offers them a huge sum of money to buy them out with the proviso that No Thanks is not an option, you have to wonder what they will do, especially considering one of the partners is a 100% pure peace and love hippy pacafist, how on earth could they possibly be equipped and experienced enough to take on the might of the Cartel?

Inevitably Benico Del Torro is one of the top level cartel chiefs, also John Travolta as the DEA who becomes very rich getting paid by everyone to look the other way. Kind of starts off a bit wobbly, but as the plot develops, and the action starts hotting up the film gets better and better imo.

Last night i also tried watching Enders Game (2013), presumably a film made for geeky teens, about the most talented students getting headhunted to be sent off to "war school" for training in inter-gallactical warfare. Stars Harrison Ford. I started watching it last night waiting for my benzos to kick in and got very stoned too, i kept having to rewind the film back 10 minutes every 2 minutes as i kept forgetting what had let to the current situation.8( It seemed to be really good, even if a kids film, but that might have been the hash. I'll try it again tonight without the benzos.8)

Ahh nice one mate! That Savages sounds pretty decent, was just looking for a watch so perfecto, will let ya know what I think :)